Author Topic: Fleet Foxes Ticket Fiasco  (Read 7277 times)

dpneedsanswers

Fleet Foxes Ticket Fiasco
« on: March 30, 2011, 03:28:36 pm »
I got a couple tickets to the FF show at DAR in May during the pre sale put on at the FF website, not the IMP presale.  This was done through a company called TopSpin but they cannot tell me where my tickets are in the venue, AND they said I have to pick up tickets at will call.

DAR says will call tickets can only be picked up the day of the show.  Does anyone know how I can get my tickets now or at least find out where my seats are?  TopSpin is THE worst.

Thanks!

James Ford

Re: Fleet Foxes Ticket Fiasco
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 03:32:30 pm »
I know this doesn't help, but it needs to be said. Their new album is crap. When I heard they rerecorded the whole thing, that was the first telltale sign.

Mark_Read

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 03:56:33 pm »
TopSpin tickets are Orchestra Row A through AA. I assume they will be allocated on the day of the show also, first come, first served.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2011, 05:26:52 pm »
I'm assuming they did this in order to prevent scalping. If you're a real fan, you shouldn't be worried cause you'll be guaranteed a great seat.
(_|_)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2011, 05:57:42 pm »
i suspect that these conditions were outlined when you bought the tickets (not noticing them is the buyer's fault, not the seller's).  every presale of this type that i've taken part in were clear when they wouldn't be revealing seat locations.

and, what Vas said.

so, how exactly is this a fiasco?
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2011, 06:00:40 pm »
tough crowd! :)

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2011, 06:01:42 pm »
i suspect that these conditions were outlined when you bought the tickets (not noticing them is the buyer's fault, not the seller's). 

hmm, this sounds familiar  ;D
(o|o)

wml7

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2011, 06:33:32 pm »

;D

dpneedsanswers

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2011, 06:45:28 pm »
Shocker, people who frequent this forum are assholes.  Anyway, I'm not an idiot and looked at all fine print and they did not specify anything regarding tickets (where to pick them up, where the seats were, etc).  I knew they'd sell out fast, and assumed they'd be good seats, so I jumped on them even though they didn't list specific seats.

So, while someone up there seemed to have a good answer, thanks for being quick to judge to rest of you.

Vas Deferens

(_|_)

walkonby

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2011, 07:49:38 pm »
Shocker, people who frequent this forum are assholes.  Anyway, I'm not an idiot and looked at all fine print and they did not specify anything regarding tickets (where to pick them up, where the seats were, etc).  I knew they'd sell out fast, and assumed they'd be good seats, so I jumped on them even though they didn't list specific seats.

So, while someone up there seemed to have a good answer, thanks for being quick to judge to rest of you.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2011, 10:38:53 pm »

There is one forum moderator who can definitely answer this for you...

But I'm fairly certain that third party companies that run show pre-sales are not tapped into Ticketmaster so they can't assign seats when they go on sale.  They are only selling a pre-alloted number of tickets, which are then assigned manually to buyers.

This is the way Pearl Jam's Ten Club and other third party pre-sales have operated for years.  Any person who has ever bought tickets via the Ten Club never knows where they'll be sitting until they pickup their tickets on the day of the show.  And the Ten Club sells numerous tickets to each show...

And if you stick around you'll actually find we're a pretty friendly bunch here, sure there is bouts of tough love and the occasional flame war between the regulars. But overall it's pretty civil place to hangout..
T.Rex

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2011, 09:57:55 am »
i suspect that these conditions were outlined when you bought the tickets (not noticing them is the buyer's fault, not the seller's).  every presale of this type that i've taken part in were clear when they wouldn't be revealing seat locations.

and, what Vas said.

so, how exactly is this a fiasco?

The fiasco is that he doesn't know exactly which great seats he'll get. It's a classic fiasco. Anybody that disagrees is an asshole.
😐 🎶

dpneedsanswers

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2011, 11:06:21 am »
Thanks for the recent, and  kind responses.  But yes, it was a "fiasco".  TopSpin didn't anticipate many people would be interested in the pre-sale on the FF website (idiots), so the servers went down again and again. People paid money but didn't get tickets, others got tickets but were charged double, and all of us that got tickets didn't know where they were.  Once you finally got into the checkout, you could select seats, but nowhere did it say where the seats would be...but given the chance for pre-pre sale (before IMP pre sale) I had to make a move or hope to get better seats through IMP which was unlikely since you would assume the earlier presale offered by the band itself would have better tickets.  Obviously TopSpin was a poor choice, and the ticketing was/is a fiasco.

Please post more images of animals now.

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2011, 11:10:46 am »
But what benefit is there to knowing your exact seat ahead of time? I guess it's cool to know, but I'd think knowing it's definitely in the first few rows is enough.