Author Topic: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO........  (Read 2425 times)

mankie

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO........
« on: January 08, 2004, 12:03:00 pm »
DAVID BOWIE!  :D  

You all thought I was going to say Elvis didn't you? Well they share the same birthday.....weird huh?

sonickteam2

Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO........
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2004, 12:04:00 pm »
Originally posted by mankie:
  DAVID BOWIE!   :)

SPARX

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2004, 12:26:00 pm »
  DAVID BOWIE!   :D  

You all thought I was going to say Elvis didn't you? Well they share the same birthday.....weird huh?
I got a copy of his 50th birthday bash when he played live with friends.We should all be so lucky to have such a 50th.Was a fantastic show!!The only song I remember they did  that wasn't Bowies was done with Lou Reed.Guess Lou  didn't mind honoring him as long as he got a little PR as well.Bowie seemed to love every minute,and by the way is aging very gracefully.

Guiny

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2004, 12:27:00 pm »
What is he....80 now?

thirsty moore

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2004, 12:32:00 pm »
Cool, I was just listening to Changesbowie this morning.

Samantha

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2004, 01:24:00 pm »
hot damn that man is FINE...has to be THE sexiest man EVER.  happy birthday...I wonder how he celebrated his birthday back in his younger days, before electricity

SPARX

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2004, 01:29:00 pm »
Originally posted by Samantha:
  hot damn that man is FINE...has to be THE sexiest man EVER.  happy birthday...I wonder how he celebrated his birthday back in his younger days, before electricity
By blowing out the candles,just like now days,it's just then everybody wasn't as happy when he did it
   ;)

Guiny

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2004, 01:40:00 pm »
][/QUOTE]By blowing out the candles,just like now days,it's just then everybody wasn't as happy when he did it
    ;)  [/QB][/QUOTE]

I bet candles werent the only things he was blowing back then.

mankie

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2004, 02:10:00 pm »
Originally posted by Guiny:
  ]
I bet candles werent the only things he was blowing back then. [/b][/QUOTE]

Fact...Bowie is not gay or  bisexual and has never even had a gay experience...he went along with the rumour at the time because it was good "shock" publicity at the time.

I read that in a book and also in the MoJo special edition that is out about him right now.

Not that it's important, just thought I'd let you know.

SPARX

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2004, 02:15:00 pm »

]
I bet candles werent the only things he was blowing back then. [/b]
Fact...Bowie is not gay or  bisexual and has never even had a gay experience...he went along with the rumour at the time because it was good "shock" publicity at the time.

[/b][/QUOTE]                                                                                             Thanks Mank,I was gonna do that myself but figured it futile.Seems like this board has a bizarre fascination with rockers private sex lives and some peoples opinions just can't be swayed regardless of the actual facts.

Dr. Anton Phibes

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2004, 02:31:00 pm »
One of my favorite Bowie quotes has got to be
 "I've always been a closet heterosexual"....

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2004, 02:33:00 pm »
How do you know?

David Bowie

It's true-I am a bisexual. But I can't deny that I've used that fact very well. I suppose it's the best thing that ever happened to me. Fun, too.

http://www.spicyquotes.com/html/David_Bowie_Sexuality.html

Bowie was one of the first rock stars to admit he's bisexual. Some claim he was the very first. In January '72, in a Melody Maker interview he said: 'I'm gay, and always have been'. In '83 with Let's Dance and his foray into the mainstream he went from admitting it to denying it. He's now claiming it was just an experimental act.

http://privat.ub.uib.no/bubsy/win2.htm

]
I bet candles werent the only things he was blowing back then. [/b]

I read that in a book and also in the MoJo special edition that is out about him right now.

Not that it's important, just thought I'd let you know. [/b][/QUOTE]

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2004, 02:46:00 pm »
The guy came out and publicly announced he was gay in the 70's. If a public figure publicly announces such a thing, I think it's no longer his private sex life.

[/QUOTE]                                                                                             Thanks Mank,I was gonna do that myself but figured it futile.Seems like this board has a bizarre fascination with rockers private sex lives and some peoples opinions just can't be swayed regardless of the actual facts. [/QB][/QUOTE]

mankie

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2004, 02:53:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rhett Miller:
 [QB] How do you know?

David Bowie

It's true-I am a bisexual. But I can't deny that I've used that fact very well. I suppose it's the best thing that ever happened to me. Fun, too.

http://www.spicyquotes.com/html/David_Bowie_Sexuality.html

Bowie was one of the first rock stars to admit he's bisexual. Some claim he was the very first. In January '72, in a Melody Maker interview he said: 'I'm gay, and always have been'. In '83 with Let's Dance and his foray into the mainstream he went from admitting it to denying it. He's now claiming it was just an experimental act.

http://privat.ub.uib.no/bubsy/win2.htm

This proves it's all just a wind up "he was the very first" Translation, "Great publicity for me"...and what is he? Gay or Bi-sexual? He can't be both.

Oh, that being found in bed with Jagger story. Well I read his ex-wifes biography which is were the story comes from...and it was the morning after a party with much drinking (no kidding)....she found them both ON the bed, fully clothed crashed out in drunken comas.

He's been photo'd with many a babe...but I don't recall him being papparzzied with another dude in a compromising position.

Again, not that I care either way, but he's not gay/bi and never has been.

Sorry Rhett, you'll have to hook up with Elton.

thirsty moore

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2004, 02:54:00 pm »
If you spin Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars backwards, it says, "I'm gay.  Gay, gay, gay."