Author Topic: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition  (Read 1454704 times)

atomicfront

Re: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition
« Reply #1095 on: March 21, 2013, 11:39:18 am »
Smitsh should reform and do their first album as a tour.   I love that album.

so morrissey is a has-been who is living in the past, yet the smiths should reform and perform a tour exclusively behing a 30-year-old album?

just pointing this out in case anyone ever wanted to take atomicfront seriously, about anything.

Umm only has-beens tour one old album anyway.  Isn't that a sure sign you are a has-been?  No one wants to hear your new music anymore so you assure them you will be playing all old stuff by doing an album tour.   It is not like Aracde Fire is going to do a "Funeral" tour this summer.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #1096 on: March 21, 2013, 12:17:42 pm »

so morrissey is a has-been who is living in the past, yet the smiths should reform and perform a tour exclusively behing a 30-year-old album?

just pointing this out in case anyone ever wanted to take atomicfront seriously, about anything.

Umm only has-beens tour one old album anyway.  Isn't that a sure sign you are a has-been?  No one wants to hear your new music anymore so you assure them you will be playing all old stuff by doing an album tour.   It is not like Aracde Fire is going to do a "Funeral" tour this summer.
You're a has-been.
‼‼?‼‼

atomicfront

« Reply #1097 on: March 21, 2013, 12:30:52 pm »

You're a has-been.

you're a never-was

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #1098 on: March 21, 2013, 01:02:08 pm »

You're a has-been.

you're a never-was
You're a has-been.
‼‼?‼‼

showlistdc

• http://www.showlistdc.com
    • Comprehensive DC-area concert calendar
« Reply #1099 on: March 22, 2013, 11:50:55 am »
So Peter Frampton is doing "Frampton comes alive" at Pier Six.  He is going to play 3 hours total.  Plus he has two opening acts including BB king and this is on a thursday night.  I wonder how late that show will end.   
Gonna guess that Pier 6 has an 11 PM noise curfew....just a hunch.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1100 on: March 22, 2013, 02:34:52 pm »
searched for this and didn't see it announced:

The Black Angels
04/06/2013
Black Cat
My supermodel wife saw them in Austin the other week, said they killed it.  Songs from new album sound strong...will be attending.

cool, my bikini-and-lingerie-modelling wife and i might be there too.  if we make it, the ladies should hang out together, and, you know, be models.  we can look cool by just being there.
<sig>

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #1101 on: March 22, 2013, 02:42:16 pm »

The Black Angels
04/06/2013
Black Cat
My supermodel wife saw them in Austin the other week, said they killed it.  Songs from new album sound strong...will be attending.

cool, my bikini-and-lingerie-modelling wife and i might be there too.  if we make it, the ladies should hang out together, and, you know, be models.  we can look cool by just being there.

This is just like that MGMT song, right?

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #1102 on: March 22, 2013, 02:50:25 pm »

The Black Angels
04/06/2013
Black Cat

It's a deal!

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #1103 on: March 22, 2013, 02:54:41 pm »
Be sure to get there for Elephant Stone, it's the sitar player from the high dials new band and their canadian... I was thinking about going but something has come up.
T.Rex

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #1104 on: March 22, 2013, 02:56:57 pm »
Be sure to get there for Elephant Stone, it's the sitar player from the high dials new band and their canadian... I was thinking about going but something has come up.
Was checking that band out and thought they sounded pretty awesome...didn't know it was that guy's new band.  Losing him was the worst thing that ever happened to high dials...Phantoms and New Devotion are almost perfect albums.

killsaly

« Reply #1105 on: March 23, 2013, 03:07:32 pm »
Wax Idols 4/29 Beats

With Lorelei and TV Ghost! Now there is a bill!

I cant find any info on the TV Ghost Metro Gallery 4/30 show to compare the bills. If it isnt as good, Ill probably be at Beats on the 29th.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #1106 on: March 23, 2013, 05:33:58 pm »
https://www.facebook.com/events/425041060913153/?ref=22

not on Metro Gallery website yet though
(_|_)

killsaly

« Reply #1107 on: March 25, 2013, 10:22:32 am »
Ahh man that conflicts with Diarrhea Planet.
Cannot miss it, though.

does it? DP is 4/3.  and has anyone else announced that in this thread?

diarrhea planet
@ casa fiesta
4/3
Im seeing different days Az...

killsaly

« Reply #1108 on: March 25, 2013, 01:06:34 pm »
My fault. It conflicts with Chelsea Light Moving.

Ahh man that conflicts with Diarrhea Planet.
Cannot miss it, though.

does it? DP is 4/3.  and has anyone else announced that in this thread?

diarrhea planet
@ casa fiesta
4/3
That it does... Are you going to go to Chelsea Light Moving? 

azaghal1981

« Reply #1109 on: March 25, 2013, 01:13:58 pm »
Yeah. I have no clue as to whether or not that tour is a one off. And that album is really good.

احمد