Author Topic: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition  (Read 1443599 times)

DotTheEyes

Re: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition
« Reply #210 on: January 22, 2012, 08:04:44 pm »
Damn it: http://music.msn.com/florence/

I don't believe they've played the D.C. area since the 9:30 show where they open for the Temper Trap.

Stillwater

« Reply #211 on: January 23, 2012, 01:03:29 am »
There is only one show scheduled between May 3rd in New Orleans and May 11th in Connecticut. (May 8th- NY)

They can still add DC and Philly dates within that stretch, or at the end of the tour after Atlantic City on the way back south.

I bet she adds more dates once Bonnaroo gets announced...

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #212 on: January 25, 2012, 09:47:05 am »
Alcest
3/28
Golden West Cafe

This one has me torn. Wonder what sort of a mix will be in his set? Mostly new stuff, I would assume but also a bit leery for fear that it might be too evil demon sounding for all the bother it would take me to get there.

Weird how this guy's music either sounds like a gift from the gods or the shoegaze from Hell.

Have to go study our events calendar to see what the likelihood is that I can reasonably request a little bulk of time off to come up for the show.

Niege as a cat:
(The guy behind Alcest)

« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 09:59:05 am by Jaguar »

killsaly

« Reply #213 on: January 25, 2012, 05:29:27 pm »
If you do come down for the dc or Baltimore shows, let me know and I will go to the one you go to.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #214 on: January 26, 2012, 12:01:14 pm »
silver spring was nice.

Did you stay for two nights?? Beers at the Quarry House?

yes.  no.  not a fan of bars anymore.  i don't need to pay the bartender's rent at a overpriced place filled with people who are assholes to strangers unless they are women and they think they can get into their pants.  fuck them.  i party with my friends pre/during/post.  we bring what we want, we have what we want. 

and you were right . . . the selection of beer at the fillmore was shit.  but say what you want about the place, to the average joe schmo person who might want to go see a concert . . . fillmore is a bettter all around venue.  not everybody is hardcore and doesn't care where the venue is, or how how dirty the venue appears because "this is rock n roll."  those days are gone.  the cbgb lifestyle is dead.  people want easy, people want nice, people want to "feel" safe.  sorry, that's the way it is. 

you wouldn't believe how many people i heard say the following:

"after coming to the fillmore . . . i don't think i'll see another show in dc, unless i have to."
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 12:02:46 pm by walkonby »

Yada

« Reply #215 on: January 26, 2012, 12:04:55 pm »
silver spring was nice.

Did you stay for two nights?? Beers at the Quarry House?

yes.  no.  not a fan of bars anymore.  i don't need to pay the bartender's rent at a overpriced place filled with people who are assholes to strangers unless they are women and they think they can get into their pants.  fuck them.  i party with my friends pre/during/post.  we bring what we want, we have what we want. 

and you were right . . . the selection of beer at the fillmore was shit.  but say what you want about the place, to the average joe schmo person who might want to go see a concert . . . fillmore is a bettter all around venue.  not everybody is hardcore and doesn't care where the venue is, or how how dirty the venue appears because "this is rock n roll."  those days are gone.  the cbgb lifestyle is dead.  people want easy, people want nice, people want to "feel" safe.  sorry, that's the way it is. 

you wouldn't believe how many people i heard say the following:

"after coming to the fillmore . . . i don't think i'll see another show in dc, unless i have to."

So what did you do in Silver Spring for 48 hours?? You obviously had to have dined and drank somewhere during that time frame and it wasn't Chickfila!

I'm not arguing with the asthetics of the Fillmore, if only they would book decent acts I'd support it just like I do any other venue. Unfortunately when your calendar only has a dozen events on it and they're awful bands, I won't be dropping much money into their coin purse, partner.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #216 on: January 26, 2012, 12:06:20 pm »
silver spring was nice.

so you didn't get mugged?  did you bring your gat?
 ;D

no.  no.

the part of town that the fillmore was in . . . i felt safe walking down the sidewalk all fucked up at three in the morning.  

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #217 on: January 26, 2012, 12:10:47 pm »
if i told you what we did for two days . . . i would have to kill you.   ;D

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #218 on: January 26, 2012, 12:31:33 pm »
if i told you what we did for two days . . . i would have to kill you.   ;D

Hmmm....... Walkie did go to a couple of Widespread Panic shows. Maybe he took a side trip up to Johns Hopkins in Baltimore which could explain his rather pleasant mood today.

Magic Mushrooms Could Treat Depression: The active ingredient in the trippy fungus could help users treat depression, anxiety and stress.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #219 on: January 26, 2012, 12:33:58 pm »
why thank you.  i feel . . . pleasant.   :D

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #220 on: January 26, 2012, 03:58:27 pm »
you guys should go befriend george takei on facebook.  i just did.  he's a hoot. 

can anybody tell, i have the day off after my two shows, yet?

James Ford

« Reply #221 on: January 26, 2012, 04:14:14 pm »
Day off from what? I though the 9:30 Board was your full time job.
 :P
you guys should go befriend george takei on facebook.  i just did.  he's a hoot. 

can anybody tell, i have the day off after my two shows, yet?

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #222 on: January 26, 2012, 04:22:11 pm »
god . . . i was waiting for that.  thanks james.  it couldn't have come from a better man.

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #223 on: January 26, 2012, 04:44:21 pm »

Golden West Cafe

What's this venue like?  Going to the Double Negative show in 2 weeks.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #224 on: January 26, 2012, 05:07:21 pm »

Golden West Cafe

What's this venue like?  Going to the Double Negative show in 2 weeks.
Had no idea about this show.  Awesome band.  They got a new singer recently.  My friend Kevin (KC) just quit...  Daydream Nation and their two Hardcore Confusion 7" are sweet.