Author Topic: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition  (Read 1443951 times)

azaghal1981

Re: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition
« Reply #285 on: June 28, 2012, 12:41:21 pm »
How many of the fucking morons whining about this fucking law that goes nowhere near far enough realize that it was written by the fucking Heritage Foundation in the 90's? How many of these fucking morons even know what the Heritage Foundation is?

Seriously Republicans, shut the fuck up and be grateful that Obama lacks the spine to push for a more civilized healthcare act akin to that of every other developed country in the world.
احمد

Got Haggis?

« Reply #286 on: June 28, 2012, 01:12:01 pm »
I read over what the healthcare bill does.  I see no problem with it.  I honestly think most people against it probably have no idea what it gives them and are just against it because it was introduced under Obama.

imbecile

« Reply #287 on: June 28, 2012, 01:32:09 pm »
I read over what the healthcare bill does.  I see no problem with it.  I honestly think most people against it probably have no idea what it gives them and are just against it because it was introduced under Obama.

Exactly.

Honestly, who has a problem with getting health care?

The cost of it I could see being an issue, as I've seen projections going both ways.  We won't know until it's moving, at which point if it needs fixed, it'll get fixed.  It's the same process as any other law which was imperfect at the start and made better along the way.

Relaxer

« Reply #288 on: June 28, 2012, 01:38:28 pm »
JAMC better not show up thinking that what everyone wants is to hear Munki it its entirety.
oword

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #289 on: June 28, 2012, 01:43:31 pm »
How many of the fucking morons whining about this fucking law that goes nowhere near far enough realize that it was written by the fucking Heritage Foundation in the 90's? How many of these fucking morons even know what the Heritage Foundation is?
Or how many Republicans know that in 2006  Mitt Romney himself signed off on a law in Massachusetts requiring individuals in that state to purchase health insurance. Can't wait to hear him talk his way out of that on during the debates!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 01:48:47 pm by chaz »

killsaly

« Reply #290 on: June 28, 2012, 01:44:59 pm »
Am I the only shoegaze fan who doesnt really like JAMC or My Bloody Valentine?  Blasphemy, i know, I just prefer the new wave of shoegaze bands currently making noise.   

atomicfront

« Reply #291 on: June 28, 2012, 01:46:22 pm »
Am I the only shoegaze fan who doesnt really like JAMC or My Bloody Valentine?  Blasphemy, i know, I just prefer the new wave of shoegaze bands currently making noise.   

Jesus and Mary Chain isn't shoegaze. 

atomicfront

« Reply #292 on: June 28, 2012, 01:47:39 pm »

Exactly.

Honestly, who has a problem with getting health care?

The cost of it I could see being an issue, as I've seen projections going both ways.  We won't know until it's moving, at which point if it needs fixed, it'll get fixed.  It's the same process as any other law which was imperfect at the start and made better along the way.

why is this in this thread?

killsaly

« Reply #293 on: June 28, 2012, 01:48:03 pm »
I didnt say they were.  i said, am i the only shoegaze fan who doesnt like them.  They make noisy rock and roll which most shoegaze fans seem to enjoy.

Edit: OK I see where my post was a bit misleading.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 01:50:36 pm by killsaly »

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #294 on: June 28, 2012, 01:49:59 pm »
I didnt say they were.  i said, am i the only shoegaze fan who doesnt like them.  They make noisy rock and roll which most shoegaze fans seem to enjoy.
Lot's of their stuff isn't noisy at all, starting with Darklands.

killsaly

« Reply #295 on: June 28, 2012, 01:54:53 pm »
My point is I would rather watch the Reids (Screen Vinyl Image) over the Reids (JAMC). It doesnt matter what genre you put them in, or what style they played on what albums.  I have them all, and outside of a couple of tracks, when JAMC comes up on shuffle, I press skip.

atomicfront

« Reply #296 on: June 28, 2012, 01:57:10 pm »

Shoegaze was created to group bands like Ride, Chapterhouse, and Lush in the UK scene in the early 90's.  Though Lush's later albums left shoegaze and became more pop oriented.  I found the music dreadfully boring.  Jesus and Mary Chain really has no relation to any of those bands.  More of garage rock band with feedback.  

The name shoegaze came from all the bands having their heads down when playing.  I don't know the new shoegaze bands are.  Perhaps earlier M83?  

Relaxer

« Reply #297 on: June 28, 2012, 01:57:36 pm »
Psychocandy has been my #1 album for ~20 years now. It will not be replaced.
oword

atomicfront

« Reply #298 on: June 28, 2012, 01:59:28 pm »
My point is I would rather watch the Reids (Screen Vinyl Image) over the Reids (JAMC). It doesnt matter what genre you put them in, or what style they played on what albums.  I have them all, and outside of a couple of tracks, when JAMC comes up on shuffle, I press skip.

Funny I saw Screen Vinyl Image open up for the Thrushes.  And I wouldn't conisder Screen Vinyl Image shoegazing but the Thrushes definetly are or were when I saw them back in 2009

atomicfront

« Reply #299 on: June 28, 2012, 02:00:09 pm »
Psychocandy has been my #1 album for ~20 years now. It will not be replaced.

My favorite would be Screamadilica.   Our favorite albums have a common band member.