Author Topic: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition  (Read 1449623 times)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
T.Rex

atomicfront

Re: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition
« Reply #558 on: January 03, 2013, 02:52:27 pm »
god, this band is awful

http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/reverb/2012/07/which_is_worse_vintage-style_s.php

you are awful.

you have incredibly thin skin

also  The Imagineers > The Lumineers

no i don't. this site is filled with trolls.  I am complaining about a system that is obvioulsy corrupt.  There are 685 tickets on stubhub for a pre-sale for an event that is at a venue that hold 3700 people.  How many tickets were avaiable for the pre-sale?  I went in instantly.  I mean quickest ever. Within 20 seconds the no tickets availabe shows up.   I am sure the vast majority of tickets were not sold through ticketmaster at 10AM.  So either the venue, imp, or ticketmaster bought up tickets before 10AM.  What is the point of a pre-sale if no tickets are available in pre-sale?

So in reply to this someone posts a link about the artist wearing suspender with belts and saying the artist is awful?  What are you guys 5 years old? 

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #559 on: January 03, 2013, 03:05:19 pm »
What exactly did you expect The Lumineers record has been on the top of the Spotify chart for awhile, clearly the band is VERY POPULAR.   Did you read the article linked to?  So by your definition the board is full of trolls because they don't agree with your musical tastes.  I also believe that there is some ticket speculation going on on sites like Stubhub, i.e. not everyone selling tickets have them in hand....
T.Rex

hutch

« Reply #560 on: January 03, 2013, 03:12:59 pm »
Somebody call the FBI. Atomicfront did not get tickets at a presale for the Lumineers. Clearly, there is corruption here. I demand an inquiry. I just hope Seth is not involved...

Yada

« Reply #561 on: January 03, 2013, 03:21:20 pm »
What exactly did you expect The Lumineers record has been on the top of the Spotify chart for awhile, clearly the band is VERY POPULAR.   Did you read the article linked to?  So by your definition the board is full of trolls because they don't agree with your musical tastes.  I also believe that there is some ticket speculation going on on sites like Stubhub, i.e. not everyone selling tickets have them in hand....

Exactly, I've posted this on here before and have had this conversation with multiple people in the past. Scalpers/brokers/stubhub/etc DON'T have tickets in hand quite often, especially in a situation like this where it's a presale.

atomicfront

« Reply #562 on: January 03, 2013, 03:22:30 pm »

yeah it is popular but i pasted the presale password in and typed the  captcha instantly.  I doubt that there were many tickets available.  I am sure there were mostly sold beforehand.  Usually you have a wait were the no tickets available comes up.   The ticketmaster site has that tickets delivery will be delayed until jan 11th.   a lot of the listings on stubhub have instant download.  Who are we kidding.. either imp, dar, ticketmaster, or the band themselves are selling the tickets on stubhub.  

and usually for instantly sold-out shows you have people on here either saying they got tickets or they didn't get tickets. No one is even mentioning it.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #563 on: January 03, 2013, 03:33:19 pm »
Maybe the Lumineers just aren't popular with the people that read and post here regularly.  I seem to recall very little traffic when Fun. tickets went on sale around here.
T.Rex

atomicfront

« Reply #564 on: January 03, 2013, 03:41:14 pm »
Maybe the Lumineers just aren't popular with the people that read and post here regularly.  I seem to recall very little traffic when Fun. tickets went on sale around here.

i just looked at facebook and everyone is saying they didn't get tickets.  Someone said thing as me they got in instantly and no tickets available.  Other person posted same thing as me no tickets were actually sold to public.  So there you go.  Why even announce the pre-sale if you aren't selling tickets to the public?

hutch

« Reply #565 on: January 03, 2013, 03:45:53 pm »

i just looked at facebook and everyone is saying they didn't get tickets.  Someone said thing as me they got in instantly and no tickets available.  Other person posted same thing as me no tickets were actually sold to public.  So there you go.  Why even announce the pre-sale if you aren't selling tickets to the public?

That is quite a charge to be making around here.... at least have the guts to post it on the Hey Seth thread if it is what you actually believe happened.

Yada

« Reply #566 on: January 03, 2013, 04:22:41 pm »

Do you belong to an underage girls group on FB? Creepy.

James Ford

« Reply #567 on: January 03, 2013, 04:30:19 pm »
Aren't you confusing him with Vansmack?

atomicfront

« Reply #568 on: January 03, 2013, 04:46:49 pm »

what the heck are you talking about?

James Ford

« Reply #569 on: January 03, 2013, 05:01:42 pm »
I think the implication is that people who would likely be talking about a Lumineers DAR show are likely to be underage girls. But that's just my guess.

what the heck are you talking about?