Author Topic: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition  (Read 1443972 times)

hutch

Re: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition
« Reply #645 on: January 06, 2013, 02:15:45 pm »
This is most BS I think I've ever seen here

Look at Amanda Palmer she has gotten zero help from anyone yet she spends time on her message boards talking to people.  She hangs out with fans after shows.  Invites fans on to stage with her.  Encourages fans in their own artistic work.  Puts on incredible live shows

Amanda Palmer has raised over 1.2 Million Dollars from fans on Kickstarter, the Dresden Dolls were on a high profile "indie" label, she is the queen of self promotion, is the girlfriend of Neil Gaimen an author with a huge cult following.  Yup Amanda Palmer never got help from anyone....

the 1.2 million dollars was from fans.  The label didn't support her at all when she was on it.  they told her she was fat.  She was popular before she met neil gaiman.  and she is his wife not his girlfriend. 

guess that record company didn't release any of their records huh?

here is what record companies can do for you:  get you good press, get you played on the radio.  They didn't do that for them.  shit the replacements and sonic youth were on major labels with glowing press and had all the backing in the world from huge companies, got played on mtv quite a bit.  and neither had a top 10 record.

you seem to admire whores

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #646 on: January 06, 2013, 02:46:08 pm »
you really judge a band by their live performances, and you really judge an act by what they do in one set particular space in time, don't you?  sonic youth always does that live.  bands have moments after being on the shit road they live.  artists suffer so people like you can complain about them because they didn't have a perfect event at some time of their lives.  big whoop to you.  here's an idea . . . listen to music because it is good or don't listen to music because it is not.  stop thinking that anybody else cares what you do or what you like or who you are or why this and that.  no body cares.  they sometimes don't care what they are doing.  life is so complicated to care so much about something so simple as music.  just listen to it.  stop forming your life around it . . . people who go to phish do that; you wanna be like them; didn't think so.

well if they don't care than other people don't care.  You think some shitty band you like isn't popular because of the masses of people being stupid.   Yeah no one gives a shit about sonic youth because they put on shitty sets.  Not because of the quality of their music.  

People are successes in life because they work hard at what they are doing.  I don't care if sonic youth or the replacements doesn't give a shit about me. I just don't support them anymore.  I buy all of amanda palmers albums because she actually works hard at what she does and deserves to be compensated for it.

You are the one that brought up woe band x is the great band that no one listens to.  I told you why no one listens to some bands.  you can't just show up at your gig bitch about everything put on a horrible show and expect people to buy your albums.  you can't be some stupid guitar, bass, drum , male lead singer with no range and write simplistic straight a head rock n roll songs that sound like the worst song off exile and main street and expect to be stars.  

Shit there are people traveling all over the country touring some musical where they have to do multiple shows a day and they probably aren't getting paid very much and they put on great performances night after night. It is called being a professional.   You can do whatever you want.  think your fans are stupid and treat them as such and then suffer in obscurity but that is your own fault.

i like that response . . . you are a worthy faux opponent and interesting person.  i bet you do good at what you do, too.

James Ford

« Reply #647 on: January 06, 2013, 06:05:31 pm »
You think some of Amanda Palmer's popularity is due to the fact that she's an attractive woman who gets full frontal naked in her music videos?

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #648 on: January 06, 2013, 09:08:03 pm »
I have no idea who she is.

I win?

James Ford

« Reply #649 on: January 06, 2013, 09:12:11 pm »
Have you heard of Dresden Dolls?

I have no idea who she is.

I win?

atomicfront

« Reply #650 on: January 06, 2013, 09:18:33 pm »
You think some of Amanda Palmer's popularity is due to the fact that she's an attractive woman who gets full frontal naked in her music videos?

most of her fans are women.  I don't find her attractive but to each their own. 

imbecile

« Reply #651 on: January 07, 2013, 09:02:29 am »
I know a feel people who grew up in Boston and coincidentally went to same private school as Amanda Palmer.  Apparently she was quite an unpleasant person in high school. 

That being said, I still enjoyed the three or four times I saw the Dresden Dolls.

Yada

« Reply #652 on: January 07, 2013, 11:03:39 am »

Relaxer

« Reply #653 on: January 07, 2013, 11:42:49 am »
Atomicfront please post more concerts that you've attended as some sort of retarded proof that you're not a dumbass.
oword

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #655 on: January 07, 2013, 01:09:09 pm »

atomicfront

« Reply #656 on: January 07, 2013, 04:07:49 pm »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rufus Wainwright
2/12
Presale Tomorrow 10 am EST RufusWainwright.com

After the Lumineers debacle I don't know if this is even worth trying.  Other things going on sale tomorrow at 10 AM as well. 

Yada

« Reply #657 on: January 07, 2013, 04:34:57 pm »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rufus Wainwright
2/12

After the Lumineers debacle I don't know if this is even worth trying.  Other things going on sale tomorrow at 10 AM as well. 

Not nearly as many blonde teens from Chevy Chase, MD will be trying for this. You should be ok.

atomicfront

« Reply #658 on: January 07, 2013, 04:39:34 pm »

Rufus Wainwright
2/12

Not nearly as many blonde teens from Chevy Chase, MD will be trying for this. You should be ok.

between this and your post in the friends with benefit thread I am totally confused.  What does blonde hair have to do with anything?

atomicfront

« Reply #659 on: January 08, 2013, 11:07:33 am »
Rufus Wainwright tickets and Newport Folk Festival early bird tickets acquired.  Rufus show requires you to pick up the tickets at the door showing your ID.  I guess that is why I was able to get tickets.