Author Topic: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition  (Read 1443425 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition
« Reply #915 on: March 04, 2013, 01:41:46 pm »
HOW TO DESTROY ANGELS
4/30
FILLMORE SS

cool... i was contemplating NYC for this.  looks like i might be going to my first FSS show... held out this long.
<sig>

shemptiness

« Reply #916 on: March 04, 2013, 01:47:33 pm »
The National Theatre is under new management and will apparently begin booking concerts. 

The best seats for Morrissey are $125. 

killsaly

« Reply #917 on: March 04, 2013, 01:59:16 pm »
Looks like i might be going to my first FSS show... held out this long.
Me too. 

Relaxer

« Reply #918 on: March 04, 2013, 02:10:34 pm »
Is that Destroy Angels album any good? I assumed it was Trent doing his trippy ambient (boring) stuff.
oword

killsaly

« Reply #919 on: March 04, 2013, 02:24:26 pm »
Not trippy or ambient at all (for the most part).  Their first EP was free and can be found online.
http://soundcloud.com/howtodestroyangels/sets/how-to-destroy-angels-2010

Here is their second:
http://store.destroyangels.com/product_info.php?cPath=4&products_id=15
http://soundcloud.com/howtodestroyangels/sets/an-omen-ep-2012/
(oops spoke too soon, never heard this before, and it has some pretty ambient/trippy parts)

And the LP comes out tomorrow:
http://store.destroyangels.com/product_info.php?cPath=8&products_id=14

To me it is a natural nine inch nails continuation.  You can definitely feel the "Trentness" of it, kind of like the stuff he did with Saul Williams.  I personally think it is great.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 02:29:55 pm by killsaly »

Relaxer

« Reply #920 on: March 04, 2013, 02:35:55 pm »
Oh cool, thanks
oword

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #921 on: March 04, 2013, 02:37:45 pm »
I do not understand Animal Collective.  Liked their second album okay, but overall, I find them incredibly annoying.
I love MPP. I can't explain what I like about them. I just do. I used to not get it. Then one day, I totally did.
‼‼?‼‼

killsaly

« Reply #922 on: March 04, 2013, 02:57:04 pm »
I am hoping this doesnt mean the Comet show on March 30 is cancelled...
the Lost Rivers (on facebook)
Hello people,

there haven't been many news from us in the last couple of months ? let me tell you why:

In 2012 many things didn't work out the way we wished them to. We had some good times and a lot of good things happened, but there were also a lot of bad things happening and some people threatened to tear apart this whole project. We felt that all this negativity started to cover all the positive things we have experienced.

We fought hard to get everything back on track and to find a way to deal with the things that had happened. The result was that I hardly had any time to do what I love the most ? writing amazing rock'n'roll music. I now want to fully focus on this aspect.

So, I will take some time off from the "managerial duties" and from playing live shows. Meanwhile I am in the process of writing a new album.

2013 will see the reformation of the Lost Rivers ? we will come back stronger, louder, crazier and better than any band you have ever heard before.

P.S.: You can still see us play live on March 22 when we are destroying the Windmill in Brixton, London.

Stay tuned.

We love you guys!

cheers,
phil

stevewizzle

« Reply #923 on: March 04, 2013, 03:59:01 pm »
The National Theatre is under new management and will apparently begin booking concerts. 

The best seats for Morrissey are $125. 

Cheapest = $49.50

stevewizzle

« Reply #924 on: March 04, 2013, 04:01:31 pm »
Moz has announced a historic show in Washington, D.C. The National Theatre will open its doors to Morrissey for their FIRST-EVER rock show in their 175-year history, on Friday, April 5th. Morrissey can now be added to the long list of prominent names that have graced The National Theatre?s stage including Winston Churchill, Laurence Olivier, Katherine Hepburn and more.

Tickets go on sale Friday, March 8th at 10am through Ticketmaster, the 9:30 Club, Merriweather Post Pavilion and The National Theatre box offices. For a complete list of Morrissey?s North American tour dates, click on the 'TOUR DATES' tab at the top of the page.

A long list of prominent carnivores.  Wonder if he'll back out.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #925 on: March 04, 2013, 05:01:16 pm »
Moz has announced a historic show in Washington, D.C. The National Theatre will open its doors to Morrissey for their FIRST-EVER rock show in their 175-year history, on Friday, April 5th. Morrissey can now be added to the long list of prominent names that have graced The National Theatre?s stage including Winston Churchill, Laurence Olivier, Katherine Hepburn and more.

Tickets go on sale Friday, March 8th at 10am through Ticketmaster, the 9:30 Club, Merriweather Post Pavilion and The National Theatre box offices. For a complete list of Morrissey?s North American tour dates, click on the 'TOUR DATES' tab at the top of the page.

A long list of prominent carnivores.  Wonder if he'll back out.

POTW.
<sig>

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #926 on: March 04, 2013, 11:32:52 pm »
you guys do realize that the seats at national suck horrible.  they kill your ass and legs and are so fucking tight close together.  ive been there plenty of times and i got sick of the seats and started going to warner instead.  unless the new people have changed out the seats . . . beware, but how appropriate for him, seeing how he's quite the pain in the ass.

awesome, finally, yesss . . . after swtiching over to google chrome because of a company switch i have spell checker on my club forum posts!!  beware.

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
😐 🎶

vansmack

« Reply #928 on: March 05, 2013, 09:25:39 am »
awesome, finally, yesss . . . after swtiching over to google chrome because of a company switch i have spell checker on my club forum posts!!  beware.

Next on my list of add-ons for Chrome....capitalization.
27>34

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #929 on: March 05, 2013, 10:01:54 am »
From the Just Announced thread:
(Bold is mine.)

no Tommy Ramone at Jammin Java....

Sylvain Sylvain will be there...

Some of the saddest downfalls in music I've yet to see was when that guy from Abba had to resort to playing in his own cover band and now Sylvain Sylvain spends his Fridays nights at home (or somewhere undefined) posting on Facebook his "Rampage Of Songs". One night I noticed he was just posting away all kinds of YouTube links. Good ones (though I never bothered to click any of them) but loads of them, one after another. Didn't think much of it at all until he made some post thanking everyone for listening and to come back again next Friday for his "Rampage of Songs". Then another day I noticed him advertising this thing and realized that he was dead serious. In his mind, this is a standing gig for him. I actually felt embarrassed for the guy. Really pathetic.