Author Topic: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition  (Read 1443879 times)

killsaly

Re: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition
« Reply #1020 on: March 18, 2013, 01:00:05 pm »
i would go with you . . . but i dont like people.
Its cool... I decided not to go anyways (didnt want to go alone).  So I will probably instead see Chelsea Light Moving and also the Baltimore popfest if Az still goes, for that week's shows.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #1021 on: March 18, 2013, 02:01:49 pm »
too bad.  i was joking anyway.  i dont actually hate people, but strangers do make me nervous.  i dont know why.  it makes me not trust people, and then you just go around thinking you are going to get shot or stabbed.

killsaly

« Reply #1022 on: March 18, 2013, 02:57:44 pm »
I might still go.  But not sure if I want to do two road trips in one month.

(im not a huge fan of strangers either.  If I go to a show alone i try to keep to myself.  But I must look approachable because i usually get a stranger or two conversing with me at all shows, which I guess isnt that bad).

vansmack

« Reply #1023 on: March 18, 2013, 03:02:12 pm »
see vansmack . . . seth does not capitalize either.   :)

We will be discussing his lack of use of the shift key while being catered to at our next luncheon.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #1024 on: March 18, 2013, 03:15:33 pm »
What most of you really take issue with is not the price of the show, but that others either can or are willing to pay a price that you are not willing to pay.

The difference of course is that Seth is here and willing to take your schtick and you are too lazy or not willing to go stand outside a show and question those that did something you did not want to do, mostly because you probably really don't care enough to do anything more than type a few poorly worded sentences to vent your frustrations.
27>34

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #1025 on: March 18, 2013, 03:27:05 pm »
Would now be a bad time to complain about James Blake being booked on Mother's Day?

atomicfront

« Reply #1026 on: March 18, 2013, 04:37:43 pm »
What most of you really take issue with is not the price of the show, but that others either can or are willing to pay a price that you are not willing to pay.

The difference of course is that Seth is here and willing to take your schtick and you are too lazy or not willing to go stand outside a show and question those that did something you did not want to do, mostly because you probably really don't care enough to do anything more than type a few poorly worded sentences to vent your frustrations.

i have no problem being able to pay to see Morrissey at that cost but he is a has-been.  He isn't worth the money.  The most I have ever paid in face falue for tickets was for the decemberists (75 dollars) and they had an orchestra with them.  Convincing people to stop overpaying for nostalgia shows isn't going to happen.  You have people who only go to people way past their prime and they aren't paying to see the artist but to get a feeling back from their youth.

Anyway Sigur Ros and Beach House are coming up.  I might actually have paid 141 dollars to see those bands. Fortunatley their fans are not all in their 50's so the tickets are cheaper.

James Ford

« Reply #1027 on: March 18, 2013, 04:45:08 pm »
Morrissey is a has-been, but the Decemberists are a never-was.

i have no problem being able to pay to see Morrissey at that cost but he is a has-been.  He isn't worth the money.  The most I have ever paid in face falue for tickets was for the decemberists (75 dollars) and they had an orchestra with them.  Convincing people to stop overpaying for nostalgia shows isn't going to happen.  You have people who only go to people way past their prime and they aren't paying to see the artist but to get a feeling back from their youth.

Anyway Sigur Ros and Beach House are coming up.  I might actually have paid 141 dollars to see those bands. Fortunatley their fans are not all in their 50's so the tickets are cheaper.

reggie

« Reply #1028 on: March 18, 2013, 04:54:19 pm »
I saw Colin Meloy at Iota where he sold a Morrissey covers cd. I bought 3 of these cds and sold each on ebay for $150 bucks to ridiculous Decemberists fans.

Not sure what I was thinking liking the first Decemberists album, but 400 bucks in profit on zero work is awesome.

stevewizzle

« Reply #1029 on: March 18, 2013, 05:34:12 pm »
Would now be a bad time to complain about James Blake being booked on Mother's Day?

bring mom to the show

atomicfront

« Reply #1030 on: March 18, 2013, 05:47:55 pm »
Morrissey is a has-been, but the Decemberists are a never-was.

Decemeberists career is 10 times better than Morrissey's solo career. 

reggie

« Reply #1031 on: March 18, 2013, 06:19:52 pm »
"The thing I like is way better than this thing that other people like!!!" Who cares man.

K8teebug

« Reply #1032 on: March 19, 2013, 08:14:50 am »

He is not a has-been.  Please stop calling him that.

K8teebug

« Reply #1033 on: March 19, 2013, 08:15:23 am »
and if you don't want to pay it, then don't go.  It will be nice not to sit next to you and listen to you complain about the price of the ticket.

hutch

« Reply #1034 on: March 19, 2013, 09:04:14 am »
WOW peter murphy

what a weird story...