Author Topic: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition  (Read 1456185 times)

hutch

Re: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition
« Reply #1185 on: April 03, 2013, 01:12:10 pm »
Hutch, the rumor is that they may be playing the Verizon Center; hence, the DC reference.

I see.. so there are dates stil to be announced

pretty much every market it seems to take close to $200 to get you in the door..

hutch

« Reply #1186 on: April 03, 2013, 01:47:55 pm »
ok ahem.

they need two nights after the night of the concert to recover... two completely free days...

hutch

« Reply #1187 on: April 03, 2013, 01:50:30 pm »
glad about mudhoney...gonna try hard to make it.

atomicfront

« Reply #1188 on: April 03, 2013, 02:07:26 pm »
The Rolling Stones' music is awesome. Well the stuff before 1983 is mostly awesome.    But they are awful live even back in the early 80's from all the broadcasts I have seen of their live shows.  Even at that no one is worth 1343 dollars.  I could go to four awesome music festivals and see a ton of bands for that price.   

From one who is only a so so Stones fan and also have actually seen them live in the early '80s, I can only say that their live show is amazing. Don't know what broadcasts you saw but these guys know how to shrink an arena show to make it feel intimate while putting on one hell of a show. Whether or not they can still do that, I have no idea. They are definitely pros but I'm not all that sure if their live act has dimished with their recorded works.

It looks like prices at the other shows that have been set are around 160 level and a 600 dollar level.  I don't know how many of each seat are but I could see myself paying 160 to see them depending on what night the show happens.  Looking at their recent set-lists they are playing almost all old songs.  Two songs from their "Grrr" album on their last show but the rest were the old stuff.  And they are back to back so that would be a good time to get a beer

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #1189 on: April 03, 2013, 02:14:32 pm »
Hutch, the rumor is that they may be playing the Verizon Center; hence, the DC reference.

I see.. so there are dates stil to be announced

pretty much every market it seems to take close to $200 to get you in the door..

And tops out under $700 for the high end.

atomicfront

« Reply #1190 on: April 03, 2013, 02:41:41 pm »
The Rolling Stones' music is awesome. Well the stuff before 1983 is mostly awesome. 
You like them, i dont.  Who cares?  I wanted to know why they would think its ok to charge over a grand for a concert. 

Or 200 shows that range in price from $5 to $10.
Exactly.  200 hours of live music?  Or 2 hours of the Rolling Stones?

Actually I was replying directly to this line "Maybe if I was a fan I would think that was reasonable, but I doubt it." 

It appears that you are trollling

K8teebug

« Reply #1191 on: April 05, 2013, 08:13:10 am »
I'm amazed so many people wouldn't go to see Paul McCartney.  One of the best shows I've ever seen.   (Verizon 7 or 8 years ago)...

hutch

« Reply #1192 on: April 05, 2013, 09:39:32 am »
I'm amazed so many people wouldn't go to see Paul McCartney.  One of the best shows I've ever seen.   (Verizon 7 or 8 years ago)...

well he was only in the Beatles!

atomicfront

« Reply #1193 on: April 05, 2013, 09:40:46 am »

They are full of shit.  Saying they wouldn't go if it was an after game free concert?  That is total BS.  If they even consider the actual free concerts you would actually go to if someone payed you.  Blues Traveler?  I was at a conference in 2000 and they had a free concert with Blues Traveler with free alcohol and I couldn't even stay to watch them with tons of free liquor in me.  

Paul seems to put on a pretty decent show from what I have seen and his last set-list he played 38 songs.  

atomicfront

« Reply #1194 on: April 05, 2013, 09:41:50 am »

And Wings.  I made some mix cd's by years of solo beatles solo work and though paul started slower than the other beatles but he sure came on strong around 73 and 74,.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #1195 on: April 05, 2013, 09:51:10 am »

I would like Paul more if he just kept to himself. He's just been out there for so long, it's annoying. Dude, I get it, you were with The Beatles and shit. Fuck off. I'd punch him if I saw him. THAT's a way cooler story than seeing a concert for free.
‼‼?‼‼

atomicfront

« Reply #1196 on: April 05, 2013, 10:19:22 am »

I would like Paul more if he just kept to himself. He's just been out there for so long, it's annoying. Dude, I get it, you were with The Beatles and shit. Fuck off. I'd punch him if I saw him. THAT's a way cooler story than seeing a concert for free.

Punching someone because they are a celebrity?  That sounds more like mental illness than anything else.

hutch

« Reply #1197 on: April 05, 2013, 01:10:23 pm »

oh I see..you aspire to be Liam Gallagher and be a caricature of a real person...10-4.

Come on.... Paul may not be one's favorite Beatle ... in fact I made a living putting him down for a while but then one night my pro-Paul friend and I were listening to the White Allbum and it was like holy shit... so many amazing songs... songs that started entire genres of music where Paul songs.. I had to admit it...

I would love to see Paul..never have.. my better half was at the verizon show i missed.. she loved it.. i'm hoping with so many tickets and stubhub i can make a last minute play and just get in the building... i'm not looking to spend much...

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #1198 on: April 05, 2013, 02:04:20 pm »
why are you guys carrying on so much . . . for the guy who isnt even paul?

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #1199 on: April 05, 2013, 02:13:16 pm »

oh I see..you aspire to be Liam Gallagher and be a caricature of a real person...10-4.

Yeah, no, I wasn't saying my lifes aspiration was to punch Paul McCartney in his fat neck, just that I would and that I'm not a fan. If you dig him, then great, I just don't like him. People's titties get in a twist whenever anyone expresses their opinion. Some other people said they didn't like him. BIG DEAL.
‼‼?‼‼