Author Topic: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition  (Read 1456647 times)

azaghal1981

Re: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition
« Reply #1410 on: May 08, 2013, 10:23:20 am »
Congratulations.

All shows that in DC are annoying.  I have decided to stop going to shows in DC unless it is on the weekend and someone incredible who I have never seen before.  Like Sigur Ros or Paul McCartney.  No more 930 club or Black Cat shows for me.  I had tickets to Shout out Louds last night but it was raining and I just didn't feel like making the awful drive down to DC. 
احمد

atomicfront

« Reply #1411 on: May 08, 2013, 10:23:51 am »
lazy

All shows that in DC are annoying.  I have decided to stop going to shows in DC unless it is on the weekend and someone incredible who I have never seen before.  Like Sigur Ros or Paul McCartney.  No more 930 club or Black Cat shows for me.  I had tickets to Shout out Louds last night but it was raining and I just didn't feel like making the awful drive down to DC. 

Not lazy. I just don't want to spend 4 hours driving in the rain.  That isn't enjoyable.  If a band is smart come to Baltimore.  Philly shows are really no further than DC shows.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #1412 on: May 08, 2013, 10:25:28 am »
bands wont come to baltimore . . . because they not only shoot you there, they throw you in the harbor to be eaten by sharks and have tourists take pictures of you.

atomicfront

« Reply #1413 on: May 08, 2013, 10:25:49 am »

You won't be missed!

Yeah I don't go to many shows at the 930 club anyway.  maybe 4 or 5 a year.  So no big deal.  

Yada

« Reply #1414 on: May 08, 2013, 10:26:09 am »
lazy

Not lazy. I just don't want to spend 4 hours driving in the rain.  That isn't enjoyable.  If a band is smart come to Baltimore.  Philly shows are really no further than DC shows.

Only a 60 mile difference or so.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #1415 on: May 08, 2013, 10:27:05 am »
plus you will get shot on 95 from baltimore to dc . . . i think.

atomicfront

« Reply #1416 on: May 08, 2013, 10:27:11 am »
bands wont come to baltimore . . . because they not only shoot you there, they throw you in the harbor to be eaten by sharks and have tourists take pictures of you.

Bands are coming. Father John Misty, Ariel Pink, Thao and the Get Down Stay Down,  and Neutral Milk Hotel are coming.  

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #1417 on: May 08, 2013, 10:28:32 am »
yeah . . . but nobody has heard of them.  the shooters will all be looking for the big acts to come around.  you know, like green day.

atomicfront

« Reply #1418 on: May 08, 2013, 10:28:50 am »
lazy

Not really. I think the travel time from my house is exactly the same.  I live within a block of the County border in Northern Baltimore.  Philly is an hour and a half.  Same time it takes me to get to 930 club.

atomicfront

« Reply #1419 on: May 08, 2013, 10:29:46 am »
yeah . . . but nobody has heard of them.  the shooters will all be looking for the big acts to come around.  you know, like green day.

I don't understand the angst of me saying I am not going to DC anymore.  James Ford won't even drive out to columbia to see a show. 

Yada

« Reply #1420 on: May 08, 2013, 10:30:38 am »
lazy

Not really. I think the travel time from my house is exactly the same.  I live within a block of the County border in Northern Baltimore.  Philly is an hour and a half.  Same time it takes me to get to 930 club.

Interesting... I live on the DC/MD border and can get to B-more in 30 minutes without traffic.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #1421 on: May 08, 2013, 10:32:26 am »

I don't understand the angst of me saying I am not going to DC anymore.  James Ford won't even drive out to columbia to see a show. 

the only thing i would have to say, seriously, is why?  sorry, truth be told, baltimore sucks compared to dc (food, shows, musuems, tourism, places to go, places not to be shot.)  sorry, and the only people who will argue that are loyal baltimore residents. 

atomicfront

« Reply #1422 on: May 08, 2013, 10:33:28 am »
lazy

Interesting... I live on the DC/MD border and can get to B-more in 30 minutes without traffic.

Lot of traffic in the DC area on a weeknight.  It takes me 30 minutes to get on 95 south.  Another half hour to get to the DC beltway. another half hour to get into town.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #1423 on: May 08, 2013, 10:37:18 am »

Bands are coming. Father John Misty, Ariel Pink, Thao and the Get Down Stay Down,  and Neutral Milk Hotel are coming.  

Wait.  Does this mean you're gonna stop trolling here and start up on the 2640 Space forum?

atomicfront

« Reply #1424 on: May 08, 2013, 10:37:40 am »

the only thing i would have to say, seriously, is why?  sorry, truth be told, baltimore sucks compared to dc (food, shows, musuems, tourism, places to go, places not to be shot.)  sorry, and the only people who will argue that are loyal baltimore residents. 

I disagree.  I like the restaurants better in Baltimore.  I like the museums in Baltimore fine.  American Visionary Arts Museums is awesome.  Baltimore musuem of Art has the cone collection.  And how does this have to do with weekday nights.  The museums are closed by the time I get there.  And I have seen them all a million times before.  

I don't think there is any restaurant in DC as good as Black Olive or Kalis Court.  And why does this have to be about which city is better?  I don't live in DC so I made that choice.  My reason for not going to weekday shows has nothing to do about the quality of DC are the annoying rude people who attend shows there.  It is just a distance decision.  It is not attack on the city.