Author Topic: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition  (Read 1455565 times)

Vas Deferens

Re: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition
« Reply #1425 on: May 08, 2013, 10:38:31 am »
weeknights are better from baltimore to DC...only takes me an hour
(_|_)

atomicfront

« Reply #1426 on: May 08, 2013, 10:39:05 am »
bands wont come to baltimore . . . because they not only shoot you there, they throw you in the harbor to be eaten by sharks and have tourists take pictures of you.

Bands are coming. Father John Misty, Ariel Pink, Thao and the Get Down Stay Down,  and Neutral Milk Hotel are coming.  

Wait.  Does this mean you're gonna stop trolling here and start up on the 2640 Space forum?

Those communists have a forum?

I still will go to shows that happen on the weekend.  And you guys list shows in Baltimore.  So no I will still provide useful commentary here.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #1427 on: May 08, 2013, 10:40:17 am »
yeah . . . but nobody has heard of them.  the shooters will all be looking for the big acts to come around.  you know, like green day.

I don't understand the angst of me saying I am not going to DC anymore.  James Ford won't even drive out to columbia to see a show. 

the only thing i would have to say, seriously, is why?  sorry, truth be told, baltimore sucks compared to dc (food, shows, musuems, tourism, places to go, places not to be shot.)  sorry, and the only people who will argue that are loyal baltimore residents. 

I disagree.  I like the restaurants better in Baltimore.  I like the museums in Baltimore fine.  American Visionary Arts Museums is awesome.  Baltimore musuem of Art has the cone collection.  And how does this have to do with weekday nights.  The museums are closed by the time I get there.  And I have seen them all a million times before.  

I don't think there is any restaurant in DC as good as Black Olive or Kalis Court.  And why does this have to be about which city is better?  I don't live in DC so I made that choice.  My reason for not going to weekday shows has nothing to do about the quality of DC are the annoying rude people who attend shows there.  It is just a distance decision.  It is not attack on the city.

because the distance issue is boring . . . attacking one city and saying another sucks, is better.

atomicfront

« Reply #1428 on: May 08, 2013, 10:42:07 am »
yeah . . . but nobody has heard of them.  the shooters will all be looking for the big acts to come around.  you know, like green day.

I don't understand the angst of me saying I am not going to DC anymore.  James Ford won't even drive out to columbia to see a show. 

the only thing i would have to say, seriously, is why?  sorry, truth be told, baltimore sucks compared to dc (food, shows, musuems, tourism, places to go, places not to be shot.)  sorry, and the only people who will argue that are loyal baltimore residents. 

I disagree.  I like the restaurants better in Baltimore.  I like the museums in Baltimore fine.  American Visionary Arts Museums is awesome.  Baltimore musuem of Art has the cone collection.  And how does this have to do with weekday nights.  The museums are closed by the time I get there.  And I have seen them all a million times before.  

I don't think there is any restaurant in DC as good as Black Olive or Kalis Court.  And why does this have to be about which city is better?  I don't live in DC so I made that choice.  My reason for not going to weekday shows has nothing to do about the quality of DC are the annoying rude people who attend shows there.  It is just a distance decision.  It is not attack on the city.

because the distance issue is boring . . . attacking one city and saying another sucks, is better.

Actually it is a boring argument.   Most people live in a city because they prefer it.  Well others might live there because it is cheaper or easier to get a job there but most people will still tell themselves the city is better.  I am sure even people in Cinncinati think their city is better than yours.

K8teebug

« Reply #1429 on: May 08, 2013, 10:43:14 am »

People in Baltimore are WAY cooler than DC.  I am a Baltimore girl, but give me the Orioles over the Nats, a crabcake over Ben's chili Bowl, and the hominess of Fells Point over any neighborhood in DC any day.

K8teebug

« Reply #1430 on: May 08, 2013, 10:44:27 am »
I tend to prefer cities that have a more hometown feel.  Baltimore, Chicago, Pittsburgh...love.

atomicfront

« Reply #1431 on: May 08, 2013, 10:44:48 am »

People in Baltimore are WAY cooler than DC.  I am a Baltimore girl, but give me the Orioles over the Nats, a crabcake over Ben's chili Bowl, and the hominess of Fells Point over any neighborhood in DC any day.

What is Ben's chilli bowl?  Is this DC's food?  I thought Chilli was a Texas thing?  Do they have a vegetarian optioin?

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #1432 on: May 08, 2013, 11:16:27 am »

Pass. Cool people in DC are cool, I think there's more douches in DC than Baltimore though. Everyone I know from Baltimore is cool, not everyone I've met from DC is cool. But there's way more transplants here.

I'll still take DC over Baltimore. Go Nats!
‼‼?‼‼

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #1433 on: May 08, 2013, 11:34:20 am »
atomicfront never believes me.  much better conversation than his distance ramblings.  and to say that any restaurant in baltimore is better than sushi taro or cityzen (alone . . . those two restaurants alone, good lord) is crazy talk.  sorry.  and the hirshhorn.  the hirshhorn (alone again, because you have to) is better than the entire city and county of baltimore.  except for "fever."  only traxx could rival fever, and rival did it ever.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #1434 on: May 08, 2013, 11:40:02 am »
i thought you said no more black cat shows . . .

. . . you are hard to read

atomicfront

« Reply #1435 on: May 08, 2013, 11:41:15 am »
atomicfront never believes me.  much better conversation than his distance ramblings.  and to say that any restaurant in baltimore is better than sushi taro or cityzen (alone . . . those two restaurants alone, good lord) is crazy talk.  sorry.  and the hirshhorn.  the hirshhorn (alone again, because you have to) is better than the entire city and county of baltimore.  except for "fever."  only traxx could rival fever, and rival did it ever.

I have been to the Hirshorn a ton of times.  It is a great museum but so is the American Visionary Arts Museum.  If you are just using Art museums you could say Madrid is better than DC?    If you are looking to see Matisse you want to go to the BMA.   And the one cuisine I don't like is Sushi.  Though I did like the Icelandic/Shushi fusion restaurant I went to in Reyjkavik. I guess  you have never been to Black Olive?  So you are just talking out your azz.

atomicfront

« Reply #1436 on: May 08, 2013, 11:41:34 am »
i thought you said no more black cat shows . . .

. . . you are hard to read

I said  on weekdays.  Also I said unless it is something incredible.  Future Bible Heroes with Merritt would be incredible.

K8teebug

« Reply #1437 on: May 08, 2013, 11:51:32 am »

I have been to the Hirshorn a ton of times.  It is a great museum but so is the American Visionary Arts Museum.  If you are just using Art museums you could say Madrid is better than DC?    If you are looking to see Matisse you want to go to the BMA.   And the one cuisine I don't like is Sushi.  Though I did like the Icelandic/Shushi fusion restaurant I went to in Reyjkavik. I guess  you have never been to Black Olive?  So you are just talking out your azz.

DC does have the one up on Baltimore when it comes to art museums.  Sorry, but no Ai Wei Wei and Maya Lin exhibits are coming to Baltimore...

I've been to the Black Olive and found it underwhelming.

Yada

« Reply #1438 on: May 08, 2013, 11:56:07 am »
The restaurant scene in DC is not only one of the best in the entire country but blows Baltimore out of the water.

atomicfront

« Reply #1439 on: May 08, 2013, 11:57:30 am »

DC does have the one up on Baltimore when it comes to art museums.  Sorry, but no Ai Wei Wei and Maya Lin exhibits are coming to Baltimore...

I've been to the Black Olive and found it underwhelming.

Never heard of either of those artists.  Baltimore has more real artists.