Author Topic: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition  (Read 1456518 times)

i am gay and i like cats

Re: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition
« Reply #1665 on: June 06, 2013, 12:44:59 pm »
i listen to everything, all the time, always . . . and so should you

Yada

« Reply #1666 on: June 06, 2013, 12:48:18 pm »
i listen to everything, all the time, always . . . and so should you

don't tell me what to do walky.

are you still coming down from last night?

showlistdc

• http://www.showlistdc.com
    • Comprehensive DC-area concert calendar
« Reply #1667 on: June 06, 2013, 01:22:41 pm »
I have always noticed that Nine Inch Nails shows are the only shows where it is appropriate and seemingly encouraged to wear the band's shirt to the show.
Napalm Death shows in New York fall into this category as well.  Not DC/Springfield Napalm Death shows, just NY ones.  I don't understand.

killsaly

« Reply #1668 on: June 06, 2013, 01:39:09 pm »
Dont forget ICP shows!

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #1669 on: June 06, 2013, 02:18:44 pm »
Question, do you all listen to NIN regularly? I'm not knocking them (and was once a fan), I just can't get into it anymore listening to that level of loudness and anger on a regular basis.

Broken and selections from The Fragile. That's about it tho.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #1670 on: June 06, 2013, 02:35:36 pm »
Question, do you all listen to NIN regularly? I'm not knocking them (and was once a fan), I just can't get into it anymore listening to that level of loudness and anger on a regular basis.
I ONLY liked "Downward Spiral" thought the rest was kind of the same shit but seemingly more watered down. *shrug* I went to see QOTSA/DFA1979 open for them in 2005 and was surprised by NIN live, I will say that.
‼‼?‼‼

bearman🐻

« Reply #1671 on: June 06, 2013, 02:35:49 pm »

Loudness and anger? Put on "Still". I think that's actually one of Trent's best records. I know I'm probably in the minority on that, but I really enjoy it.

Relaxer

« Reply #1672 on: June 06, 2013, 04:26:35 pm »
I don't much listen to the NIN records because it's all disease this and decay that but if I had the chance to go see him with good seats, I would leap at it because everything I've seen/read is that the live show is incredible. I would love to see this show but I never get around to buying tickets to the big ones like this. Sigh.
oword

Yada

« Reply #1673 on: June 06, 2013, 04:34:05 pm »
I don't much listen to the NIN records because it's all disease this and decay that but if I had the chance to go see him with good seats, I would leap at it because everything I've seen/read is that the live show is incredible. I would love to see this show but I never get around to buying tickets to the big ones like this. Sigh.

Yeah, if someone offered me a free ticket, I'd go check them out. I just feel that style of music the older you get is a bit grating. Maybe I'm a boring old bum. Hi walky.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1674 on: June 06, 2013, 04:42:50 pm »
if the music's too loud, you're too old :D

NIN put on a good concert, IMO: powerful music, good light show, energetic frontman.  the missus isn't into industrial/synthpop/metal/noise, but she's enjoyed all three NIN shows i've taken her to.
<sig>

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #1675 on: June 06, 2013, 06:47:49 pm »

Loudness and anger? Put on "Still". I think that's actually one of Trent's best records. I know I'm probably in the minority on that, but I really enjoy it.

Never cared for Pretty Hate Machine but thought they were great when I saw them.  Broken was a far better representation of the live show.  Downward Spiral is great, I just never listen to it.  Everything else is spotty (Fragile is half great, tho).

killsaly

« Reply #1676 on: June 06, 2013, 06:59:16 pm »
Sucks that the two shows were smashed together and Foul Swoops were dropped.
Laurie from Foul Swoops is DJing though so that should be cool.

July 5th
The Mantles, Juan Wauters, Title Tracks, and Sick Sick Birds
Comet Ping Pong

(reposted for the new venue, and also the added bands)
So in protest lets go to the Club K one!!!

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #1677 on: June 06, 2013, 07:19:13 pm »

Yeah, if someone offered me a free ticket, I'd go check them out. I just feel that style of music the older you get is a bit grating. Maybe I'm a boring old bum. Hi walky.

maybe?  hello.

wml7

« Reply #1678 on: June 06, 2013, 10:53:50 pm »
Adrian Belew quits NIN.  By the time the tour starts it will be only Trent and his wife. ;D

Vas Deferens

« Reply #1679 on: June 07, 2013, 08:46:37 am »
^ his wife isn't part of NIN
(_|_)