Author Topic: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition  (Read 1456496 times)

James Ford

Re: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition
« Reply #1725 on: June 07, 2013, 03:16:12 pm »
Actually what I said was posed as a question. It's up to you to answer it however you like. For you, the point of life is looking good and having fun. For me, it's about guiding my daughter toward hopefully finding happiness in life. (which to me is is a heluva lot of fun)

What I said:
I'm not saying everyone is fit to have them but what really is the point of life if you don't have kids?

I'd also never expect someone who doesn't have kids to understand the simple joy i find being a parent.  But for you to say that Rhett made a mistake when he had his kids?  You're the biggest ass this board has ever seen.

Who is Rhett?  Sorry but , I think you win biggest ass.   I don't really care who has kids.  But to say it is the meaning of life is pathetic and assinine.  Plenty of people can't have kids.  Should they just go out and kill themsleves?  Stupidest post ever.  And I can see your kids make you so happy you have to attack me all the time.  
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 03:18:45 pm by James Ford »

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #1726 on: June 07, 2013, 03:18:44 pm »
go read my cat for mayor story.  its so cute.  then come back to your name calling and the such.  i told you kids versus non kid people . . . was fascinating.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1727 on: June 07, 2013, 03:26:58 pm »
have you heard of garfield minus garfield?

i wonder if the same existential effect could be seen here by removing atomicfront posts.

one of the most effective ways of dealing with trolls on forums is a software that hides posts from low-ranked individuals to everyone except the that person.  so the troll can make his asinine posts and can see them but no one else can.  they kick and scream and eventually go away because they think everyone is ignoring them (when in fact others can't see the troll's posts).  i forget what the plugin is called... anyhoo, wouldn't work here since we don't have voting or liking.
<sig>

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #1728 on: June 07, 2013, 03:31:42 pm »
just not replying . . . is too hard?  ok, yes it is.  he gets me to talk to him all the time.  darn you, curiousity.

James Ford

« Reply #1729 on: June 07, 2013, 03:34:44 pm »
But isn't it fun to have trolls on message boards?

I say this as someone who has trolled and been trolled.

The key is to not cross the line into meanness. Which I've admittedly and regretably done on a small fraction of my trolls.

atomicfront

« Reply #1730 on: June 07, 2013, 03:53:25 pm »
have you heard of garfield minus garfield?

i wonder if the same existential effect could be seen here by removing atomicfront posts.

one of the most effective ways of dealing with trolls on forums is a software that hides posts from low-ranked individuals to everyone except the that person.  so the troll can make his asinine posts and can see them but no one else can.  they kick and scream and eventually go away because they think everyone is ignoring them (when in fact others can't see the troll's posts).  i forget what the plugin is called... anyhoo, wouldn't work here since we don't have voting or liking.

But I thought you liked James Ford.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #1731 on: June 07, 2013, 03:56:00 pm »

The key is to not cross the line into meanness. Which I've admittedly and regretably done on a small fraction of my trolls.
you've trolled here for sure, mostly as Rhett I think.  definitely had my feathers ruffled by you in the past.  But what can you say, you've grown on me.

James Ford

« Reply #1732 on: June 07, 2013, 04:06:38 pm »
And since we're getting all gay and shit (and I say that meaning gay is good), I have to say I admire your bio that you've shared with us on occasion. You went through some shit, made the right choices, and seem to now be reaping the benefits of those right choices.

Geez, I need to say something rude soon or ggw is going to come on and tell me I've grown soft and boring.

you've trolled here for sure, mostly as Rhett I think.  definitely had my feathers ruffled by you in the past.  But what can you say, you've grown on me.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #1733 on: June 07, 2013, 04:15:36 pm »
lighter or heavier?
haha

I'm having more fun than I ever did pre-kid, am 15-20 pounds lighter, and no more gray hair than when I started. And my wife looks great, too.
(_|_)

showlistdc

• http://www.showlistdc.com
    • Comprehensive DC-area concert calendar
« Reply #1734 on: June 07, 2013, 04:46:51 pm »
I think we're all missing the best part of this conversation: that atomicfront isn't procreating.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #1735 on: June 07, 2013, 06:11:02 pm »
I find the best way to deal with trolls is hope they go on vacation often
T.Rex

Relaxer

« Reply #1736 on: June 07, 2013, 10:41:29 pm »
I find it nauseating how James constantly waves his daughter around like she's some sort of trophy and I don't care about what kind of self-righteous response he will surely make
oword

atomicfront

« Reply #1737 on: June 07, 2013, 11:23:09 pm »
  And I know I've said it before on here but my wife is the most beautiful woman in any room she's in.  That's a fucking fact. 

Actually it is an opinion.  I am sure most guys think their wife is the most beautiful woman in the room.

hutch

« Reply #1738 on: June 08, 2013, 12:40:36 am »
I find it nauseating how James constantly waves his daughter around like she's some sort of trophy and I don't care about what kind of self-righteous response he will surely make

bingo.

I try to stay out of it but its really sickening..

Not to mention his "if you're not having kids you're not living" baloney...

really I've been amazed recently to find that Atomicfront- for all his trolling- makes a lot more sense than James Ford..

hutch

« Reply #1739 on: June 08, 2013, 12:43:27 am »
dissapointed about tricky's show being postponed and moved.. i liked the idea of a late show on sunday night at the 930..thought it might attract a cool crowd....why was the show cancelled? was it low ticket sales?...

the new tricky record- false idols- is excellent......really good...