Author Topic: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition  (Read 1456407 times)

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
Re: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition
« Reply #1830 on: June 27, 2013, 11:31:24 am »
I assume all the Gary Clark Jr. fans were at the Buddy Guy show...

tell me you're not into this Clark guy just because Rolling Stone has him on every issue and hypes him beyond belief.. they even found a way to include him in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame show this year....

a guy with one EP and an album?
Lol, who the fuck reads Rolling Stone anymore?

You know, at some point, a lot of people only had one EP and one album to go on.

Also, wasn't Limp Bizkit included in a RNR hall of fame performance at some point? Or was that fine because they had like 4 albums?

Stupid, stupid arguement.

So, if I like good old fashioned blues rock it can only be Muddy Waters or BB King? Get off your high horse. I said I didn't really like the dudes album, but his live performances look great.

Rolling Stone said this guy is awesome so he must fucking suck.
‼‼?‼‼

James Ford

« Reply #1831 on: June 27, 2013, 12:10:50 pm »
I've always though of Hutch as the kind of guy who would be a huge Rolling Stone devotee'. You cna totally see it in his music taste. Like the kid of guy who would every every copy from the last 30 years taking up space in his kid's closet. Next to the fake leather Members Only jacket.

hutch

« Reply #1832 on: June 27, 2013, 12:15:17 pm »
I assume all the Gary Clark Jr. fans were at the Buddy Guy show...

tell me you're not into this Clark guy just because Rolling Stone has him on every issue and hypes him beyond belief.. they even found a way to include him in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame show this year....

a guy with one EP and an album?
Lol, who the fuck reads Rolling Stone anymore?

You know, at some point, a lot of people only had one EP and one album to go on.

Also, wasn't Limp Bizkit included in a RNR hall of fame performance at some point? Or was that fine because they had like 4 albums?

Stupid, stupid arguement.

So, if I like good old fashioned blues rock it can only be Muddy Waters or BB King? Get off your high horse. I said I didn't really like the dudes album, but his live performances look great.

Rolling Stone said this guy is awesome so he must fucking suck.

if you're into blues guitar and you're going to see Gary Clark but didnt go see maybe the greatest of all time- and he's still playing great (unlike say BB who is a pale shadow)- well.. yeah there is something wrong with that...sorry.

hutch

« Reply #1833 on: June 27, 2013, 12:16:26 pm »
I've always though of Hutch as the kind of guy who would be a huge Rolling Stone devotee'. You cna totally see it in his music taste. Like the kid of guy who would every every copy from the last 30 years taking up space in his kid's closet. Next to the fake leather Members Only jacket.

no, the rolling stone devotee would be at the gary clark show...

I do have an incredibly inexpensive subscription I picked up ..first time subscriber since like last year.. and yeah, its worth it... sorry hipsters..

hutch

« Reply #1834 on: June 27, 2013, 12:19:56 pm »
and I'm not saying Gary Clark sucks but its funny how every wannabe hipster on this board is cooing about him when we just had Buddy Guy play this week and, yeah, you didn't go..

and I am saying that i don't like the rolling stone hard sell....every fuckin issue has something about him in it...come on! he's the only fucking blues guitarist in the world???..its not just that either.. they even got him as a guest with the rolling stones.. you know joining the likes of taylor swift and kate perry... for the young uns....

hutch

« Reply #1835 on: June 27, 2013, 12:24:24 pm »

and I've always thought of you as a complete asshole.. the fact you're sitting there at your government job posting on this board while on the taxpayer's dime only makes you a bigger douchebag than i thought..

James Ford

« Reply #1836 on: June 27, 2013, 12:28:46 pm »
Are you saying you're not at a paying job right now?

and I've always thought of you as a complete asshole.. the fact you're sitting there at your government job posting on this board while on the taxpayer's dime only makes you a bigger douchebag than i thought..

atomicfront

« Reply #1837 on: June 27, 2013, 12:29:37 pm »
I find Gary Clark Jr's music incredibly boring.  I am not fond of Buddy Guy either.  

hutch

« Reply #1838 on: June 27, 2013, 12:30:13 pm »
Are you saying you're not at a paying job right now?

You paying my salary?

azaghal1981

« Reply #1839 on: June 27, 2013, 12:47:56 pm »
no
Az, you have never seen Alcest?  They were great last go around,  so loud and harsh and beautiful.
احمد

James Ford

« Reply #1840 on: June 27, 2013, 12:55:48 pm »
So are you or are you not a longtime Rolling Stone subscriber/collector? Inquiring minds want to know.

hutch

« Reply #1841 on: June 27, 2013, 12:58:44 pm »
So are you or are you not a longtime Rolling Stone subscriber/collector? Inquiring minds want to know.

Lunch break over?

I thought I answered that..

I got a really good deal and am a first time subscriber.. like 5 bucks for 2 years or something like that so I subscribed.. I think they have some good stuff.. the Dylan cover story with interview is a classic, the Daft Punk..its not all bad..

first time I've subscribed.. and last unless I get the deal again.

I do hoard LPs, CDs, DVDs, books that kind of stuff.. but Rolling Stone? no.

James Ford

« Reply #1842 on: June 27, 2013, 01:05:29 pm »
Why are you such an angry hothead anyway? It seems like you are not very good at ribbing in and being ribbed. Maybe you are a very serious person and aren't into taking the piss and have it taken on you? I'm just trying to understand.

For the old timers, I bet Markie would have had a field day with Hutch.

It seems like maybe you would benefit from smoking more marijuana.(?)

Lunch break over?

I got a really good deal and am a first time subscriber.. like 5 bucks for 2 years or something like that so I subscribed.. I think they have some good stuff.. the Dylan cover story with interview is a classic, the Daft Punk..its not all bad..

hutch

« Reply #1843 on: June 27, 2013, 01:08:00 pm »
Why are you such an angry hothead anyway? It seems like you are not very good at ribbing in and being ribbed. Maybe you are a very serious person and aren't into taking the piss and have it taken on you? I'm just trying to understand.

Lunch break over?

yeah....that is pretty perceptive..actually

unfortunately weed makes me paranoid or some such...keith richards calls it fear actually.. not sure why.. .. for a bunch of years it was fine...

so no weed these days....but yeah, i do find myself sometimes thinking i could use a toke..

julian had a field day..luckily for me he got banned...although i think he should have been reinstated...

atomicfront

« Reply #1844 on: June 27, 2013, 01:13:11 pm »

Lunch break over?

Seems like you post just to annoy people.