Author Topic: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition  (Read 1456036 times)

atomicfront

Re: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition
« Reply #1890 on: July 09, 2013, 01:20:37 pm »
For DC shows usually near the front on the floor, when I saw them in Canada several years back they were very good

Wait you saw Pearl Jam??????? 

wml7

« Reply #1891 on: July 09, 2013, 05:12:18 pm »
I might do the pearl jam show in cville.  I'm just not a big fan of that arena.  Hey kosmo is the whole tour GA floors?  I can't tell with cville or baltimore

hutch

« Reply #1892 on: July 09, 2013, 05:38:23 pm »
well I meant who other than me will make the trek to C-ville

;D

my problem is I live in Arlington which means I have to slog through 66...

all tickets are $80 all in ... it seesm like?

hutch

« Reply #1893 on: July 09, 2013, 05:39:01 pm »
I might do the pearl jam show in cville.  I'm just not a big fan of that arena.  Hey kosmo is the whole tour GA floors?  I can't tell with cville or baltimore

my understanding, could be wrong, is that there is a pit.. not the whole floor

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #1894 on: July 09, 2013, 06:16:22 pm »
sixty six is the greatest road ever.  you know what rules?  driving on sixty six before a show, listening to awesome music before you get there.  i sometimes wonder if listening to the band you are going to see on the way to the show, is stupid.

hutch

« Reply #1895 on: July 09, 2013, 08:47:55 pm »
sixty six is the greatest road ever.  you know what rules?  driving on sixty six before a show, listening to awesome music before you get there.  i sometimes wonder if listening to the band you are going to see on the way to the show, is stupid.

i know someone who refuses to listen to the band before the concert... so whenever we go with him to concerts we can't do it... he's really uptight about it.. hopefully he won't see this comment   :D

personally i like to rock out to the band i'm going to see...

azaghal1981

« Reply #1896 on: July 09, 2013, 09:00:34 pm »
I can understand not wanting to but being anal about it is stupid.
احمد

Stillwater

« Reply #1897 on: July 09, 2013, 10:11:42 pm »
Im taking a shot at the Brooklyn shows.  That sounds like a fun weekend to me.

hutch

« Reply #1898 on: July 09, 2013, 10:25:38 pm »
Im taking a shot at the Brooklyn shows.  That sounds like a fun weekend to me.

yeah I get that but you gotta admit Charlottesville is pretty hopping on Tuesday nights!

;D

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1899 on: July 10, 2013, 09:51:08 am »

you're coming from the wilds into civilization, so yeah driving 66 is great.

coming from the evil city and trying to make it to the boonies during rush hour (AKA right before most shows start) is an absolute nightmare.  i've missed good potions of concerts because i was parked on that road to hell.  66 is one of the reasons i won't go to nissan/lube/bristow shows any more.
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #1900 on: July 10, 2013, 10:24:01 am »
66 can be done though

last time i went to nissan we left dowtown dc on a week night about 610 and took route 50 out to vienna and then cut over to 66.. we were at nissan by 730...

but the show was not one that had sold well so that must have helped at least a little bit...

in fact i must admit the last 4-5 shows i've seen at nissan i have not had any trouble really... i think since they made some improvements its not as bad as people think..

now i'm sure a full sell out like dave matthews would be a nightmare getting out

all in all i'd rather go to nissan than merriweather ...i'm not sure which is closer but columbia feels farther for me..

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1901 on: July 10, 2013, 11:27:41 am »
all in all i'd rather go to nissan than merriweather ...i'm not sure which is closer but columbia feels farther for me..

you're in NoVA, right?  i'd expect bristow to be easier than columbia, which requires that you do 180 degrees of the beltway or cut through DC.

and if both venue are equidistant, i'd definitely rather go to MPP - it's the nicer venue, better beer and food selection, easier parking.
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #1902 on: July 10, 2013, 11:46:31 am »

you're in NoVA, right?  i'd expect bristow to be easier than columbia, which requires that you do 180 degrees of the beltway or cut through DC.

and if both venue are equidistant, i'd definitely rather go to MPP - it's the nicer venue, better beer and food selection, easier parking.

yes I am in NoVA...

if equidistant  i'd rather go to MPP... i can't stand live nation.. and nissan books shit..

just find myself surprised that its gotten much easier for me on the rare foray to nissan.. i remember a show or two i saw at nissan in the 90s where it took 3 hours to get out of the parking lot.. that just has not happened to me for many years now

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #1903 on: July 10, 2013, 12:16:49 pm »
i dont care what seth says . . . it will always be

nissan

atomicfront

« Reply #1904 on: July 10, 2013, 01:55:24 pm »
I have never been to Nissan.  Really the bands they book their mostly suck.  I guess this year they finally have someone I would want to see.  Depeche Mode and Bat for Lashes.  I have seen both bands a bunch of times.  It is on the day I get back from Germany/Austria so I definitely won't be attending.. Maybe I will catch their show in St Petersburg or Milan next year.