Author Topic: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition  (Read 1456753 times)

hutch

Re: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition
« Reply #1905 on: July 11, 2013, 09:08:09 am »
maybe this Bobby Bare Jr. show will be different but last year at Iota (it was a solo show) he looked like he wanted to take the money and run...short show... dead crowd.... the year before I went to one of those house party Bobby Bare Jr. shows and it also was on the short side..... but maybe with a full band it will be different..

i know he's not getting paid much but..

James Ford

« Reply #1906 on: July 11, 2013, 09:30:09 am »
I've seen him numerous times, both with and without band.

I can say that he's one of the people I thought was much, much better with a band. As in since this is a band show I'm 90% sure I will go (rough work week that week so can't say with 100% certainty), but if it was solo, I'm 100% certain I wouldn't bother.

I can also say that the times I've seen him open (as opposed to headline), he's been much, much better. The time he opened for Old 97's at the 9:30 Club comes to mind, but there were one or two others that I'd have to think hard about who it was he opened for...it's almost like he's motivated to show up the headliner when he's opening.

maybe this Bobby Bare Jr. show will be different but last year at Iota (it was a solo show) he looked like he wanted to take the money and run...short show... dead crowd.... the year before I went to one of those house party Bobby Bare Jr. shows and it also was on the short side..... but maybe with a full band it will be different..

i know he's not getting paid much but..

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #1907 on: July 15, 2013, 07:55:36 pm »
They have added a GA section on this tour

Got GA for Baltimore in the lottery
T.Rex

killsaly

« Reply #1908 on: July 17, 2013, 12:47:03 pm »
Az is Brother JT a North Carolina artist?   I think all the bands are Baltimore, but the special guests are all NC...

Scapescape is looking sick!
who i am trying to see:
Abdu Ali
Adam Lempel & the Heartbeats
Ami Dang
Arbouretum
Celebration
Cex
Chester Endersby Gwazda
Chiffon
Co La
DDm
Fell Band
A Guide to Rational Living
Holy Tongues
Horse Lords
John Ehrens
Kitsune Rad
Lizz King
Mark Brown
Microkingdom
Moss of Aura
Mt. Royal
Murderboats
Other Colors
Outer Spaces
Peals
Raindeer
Rapdragons
Roomrunner
Rye Rye
Schwarz
Slipper
Soul Cannon
Soft Cat
Smoke Bellow
Sri Aurobindo
Teenage Souls
Television Hill
Thee Lexington Arrows
Vlonde
War on Women
Weekends
Which Magic
Whoarfrost
Wing Dam
Witch Hat
Guardian Alien
Joan of Arc
Jenny Besetzt
The Lollipops
Lonnie Walker

azaghal1981

« Reply #1909 on: July 17, 2013, 12:56:38 pm »
Easton, PA.

What are the Scape Scape dates again?
احمد

killsaly

« Reply #1910 on: July 17, 2013, 12:58:33 pm »
The weekend before Hopscotch, August 30 to September 1. 

Edit:
Duh...
Guardian Alien are from NYC.  So i guess my NC thing is WAY wrong.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1911 on: July 18, 2013, 01:49:09 pm »
hutch, why didn't you announce this?!?

Carlos Vives
Patriot Center, Fairfax, VA
Wed, Jul 24, 2013

tu tienes la llave de mi coraaaaaaaaazon...

ha ha!...well, honestly, if you want to know (which i doubt) because i have no interest.. i don't consider it rock... so much latin music is too produced and poppy.. i went to see juanes a few years ago at the warner.. perfect seats for arguably the hottest latin act (of course on the house)... ugghh...i did not enjoy it. at. all......i'm also pretty biased in favor of anything from argentina..

you're right though..i still should have announced it.. ;D

i think the bigger venues the latin musician is playin the worst they tend to be...they do get the chicks though.. i'll hand them that..

i spent a year in Ecuador many lunas ago, and Vives was everywhere so i guess he's a nostalgia act for me.  you couldn't go out dancing without hearing his stuff at some point. 

i would consider going to this show, for ol' times sake, if it wasn't so far and tickets were cheaper.
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #1912 on: July 18, 2013, 10:17:54 pm »
hutch, why didn't you announce this?!?

Carlos Vives
Patriot Center, Fairfax, VA
Wed, Jul 24, 2013

tu tienes la llave de mi coraaaaaaaaazon...

ha ha!...well, honestly, if you want to know (which i doubt) because i have no interest.. i don't consider it rock... so much latin music is too produced and poppy.. i went to see juanes a few years ago at the warner.. perfect seats for arguably the hottest latin act (of course on the house)... ugghh...i did not enjoy it. at. all......i'm also pretty biased in favor of anything from argentina..

you're right though..i still should have announced it.. ;D

i think the bigger venues the latin musician is playin the worst they tend to be...they do get the chicks though.. i'll hand them that..

i spent a year in Ecuador many lunas ago, and Vives was everywhere so i guess he's a nostalgia act for me.  you couldn't go out dancing without hearing his stuff at some point. 

i would consider going to this show, for ol' times sake, if it wasn't so far and tickets were cheaper.

I been to Quito...

hutch

« Reply #1913 on: July 18, 2013, 10:18:23 pm »
well.. .I didn't mean Hagar sucks.. I meant its a booking that is not very appreciated...I would love to see Sammy... anybody that has the party attitude is fine with me and Hagar has written and sung plenty of great stuff...  I just think his stock is kind of low..  of course what is funny is that say what you will but Hagar is one of the guys rocking cause he loves it... he does not need the money..he sold that Tequila or whatever company for like a billion dollars and is loaded...(although I'm sure investors probably got a big chunk of that change)

I did dislike Van Hagar a lot though..

Blues Traveler may be one of my least favorite bands of all time.. if i hear runaround or the hook one more time (i think runaround was a BT song) i will blow my head off..

I was sorry to miss the Wallflowers at the Black Cat ....but again, its a band whose stock has really sunk...

stevewizzle

« Reply #1914 on: July 23, 2013, 09:45:53 am »

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #1915 on: July 23, 2013, 10:01:00 am »
LETTUCE!
Sept 20

fuck yes

Even fucker yeser is John Scofield and UberJamBand on the same bill!

stevewizzle

« Reply #1916 on: July 26, 2013, 12:40:04 pm »
Zola Jesus & JG Thirlwell
The Hirshhorn
Oct 25

thats a huge get for a museum that fits like 75 people.

hutch

« Reply #1917 on: July 26, 2013, 01:02:17 pm »
the ottobar is booking more interesting shows for me than the black cat...

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #1918 on: July 26, 2013, 03:25:00 pm »
sorry about the just announced rant.  so mad right now, realizing that my health care costs for my seizure disorder are about to radically change; i feel like ratbastard at a turn in your gun day event.  well . . . that made me smile and feel good, for a second.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #1919 on: July 26, 2013, 03:33:04 pm »
sorry about the just announced rant.  so mad right now, realizing that my health care costs for my seizure disorder are about to radically change; i feel like ratbastard at a turn in your gun day event.  well . . . that made me smile and feel good, for a second.
Sorry to hear that, pal.