Author Topic: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition  (Read 1456485 times)

azaghal1981

Re: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition
« Reply #2130 on: October 02, 2013, 11:12:10 pm »
Wow was that Sebadoh show selling that poorly? It was definitely listed as mainstage at one point.
احمد

killsaly

« Reply #2131 on: October 02, 2013, 11:27:55 pm »
I am glad its at the backstage now.  It will be bananas.  I plan on getting my ticket sooner than later.

atomic

« Reply #2132 on: October 03, 2013, 10:33:32 am »
Celebration plays NYC and tours Europe.  I imagine they have a better time performing in Baltimore which is their home, than DC. The crowds at Baltimore Celebration shows are full of their friends and family, all completely into it.  No talking, none of the lame DC behavior (including standing around with hands in pockets).  I have seen them around eight times so far, and each time was magical.  They never disappoint, from free street festivals (Hampdenfest) to small art gallery/venues (Metro Gallery)... Celebration dropped their label and then decided to release everything for free, and the physical versions through Friends Records.  The band does NOT want to tour all the time, which is one reason they had a falling out with 4AD and went the independent route. Dont you live in this area?  If you are as big a fan as you say you are, I would suggest going to Baltimore. 
your paragraph was the best way to describe the band and who they are to people on here who are going, who the fuck is celebration.  but baltimore?  really?  god, dare i say it?  uhh.  go on celebration . . . play nissan or ev en patriot.  oh god, i would die.
I dont see either of those places in Celebration's future, but I guess anything is possible. I would much rather see them in an intimate venue, and not either of the ones you mentioned. I understand for you those are convienient, but I don't know if either would be right for the true Celebration experience.

I have seen Celebration a ton of times as well.  I think they said one of things they hated about 4AD is having to do radio interviews with people who did not want to interview them.  I guess being a popular band entails much more than just putting out good music.  Celebration's albums are awesome.  I remember them opening up for Lower Dens at the Ottobar and blowing the headliners away.  And I love the Lower Dens. 

killsaly

« Reply #2133 on: October 06, 2013, 01:51:23 pm »
Too bad the Weekends/Chiffon round robing thing is the same day as the JML show Azaghal1981... I dont know which I would rather go to.  Weekends/Chiffon might win that one...

K8teebug

« Reply #2134 on: October 07, 2013, 11:18:27 am »
I refuse to see the Pixies without Kim Deal.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #2135 on: October 07, 2013, 11:26:49 am »
not excited about this pixies tour.

it's just neverending...what do they have? a new EP?
(_|_)

killsaly

« Reply #2136 on: October 07, 2013, 11:27:29 am »
Joe not EVERYONE was able to see them already, quit hating.

bearman🐻

« Reply #2137 on: October 07, 2013, 11:33:58 am »

As a huge Pixies fan and having seen them prior to the reunion shows, I still want to go. They new songs are good. Kim Deal adds a charm, no doubt. But I still think they'll be great. After Nick Oliveri left Queens of the Stone Age, I thought "how can it be the same?" and they still evolved and put on truly great shows, even though Nick was still part of their 2 best LPs and their best tours. But life goes on. It's not like The Clash's "Cut the Crap" tour.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #2138 on: October 07, 2013, 11:39:14 am »
i'm not hating. I'm expressing my feelings about it.
not my fault you didn't them during their gazillion reunion shows in DC or anywhere else!

(_|_)

hutch

« Reply #2139 on: October 07, 2013, 11:58:07 am »
I think the Strathmore is just awful for the Pixies...

I would consider makin the hike to Richmond

As far as Kim Deal.. everyone loves Kim Deal...I want to be as cool as Kim Deal

hutch

« Reply #2140 on: October 07, 2013, 12:04:45 pm »

Pixies at the National: $52 (as reported here.. not sure if this includes fees)
Pixies at the Strathmore: $75 (per ticketmaster and including fees)

That's called the DC sucker premium... you know pay more to see them in a concert hall...
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 12:07:15 pm by hutch »

hutch

« Reply #2141 on: October 07, 2013, 12:09:29 pm »
so much for making that hike...what the FUCK?

From TM:
The National is located in Richmond, VA. Sales to this event will be restricted to residents of Richmond, VA. Residency will be based on credit card billing address. Orders by residents outside Richmond, VA will be canceled without notice and refunds given.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #2142 on: October 07, 2013, 12:13:56 pm »
I don't like seeing shows at the Strathmore...

I think there will be a 2nd date there though
(_|_)

moeszyslak

« Reply #2143 on: October 07, 2013, 12:21:42 pm »

From TM:
The National is located in Richmond, VA. Sales to this event will be restricted to residents of Richmond, VA. Residency will be based on credit card billing address. Orders by residents outside Richmond, VA will be canceled without notice and refunds given.

That is crazy.  I would hate to be a VCU or U of Richmond student that wanted to see this, but can't since their home address isn't in Richmond.  Also, I imagine the smarter Richmond residents will buy and post them to Stubhub.

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #2144 on: October 07, 2013, 12:26:59 pm »

From TM:
that is absolutely ridiculous, especially given the massive college population surrounding the national