Author Topic: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition  (Read 1455555 times)

hutch

Re: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition
« Reply #2145 on: October 07, 2013, 12:32:30 pm »
so much for making that hike...what the FUCK?

From TM:
The National is located in Richmond, VA. Sales to this event will be restricted to residents of Richmond, VA. Residency will be based on credit card billing address. Orders by residents outside Richmond, VA will be canceled without notice and refunds given.
that is absolutely ridiculous, especially given the massive college population surrounding the national

Curious if they are even excluding Henrico County and the other surrounding counties... It would be like restricting to DC and not allowing people from Arlington to go!

atomic

« Reply #2146 on: October 07, 2013, 12:37:59 pm »
I refuse to see the Pixies without Kim Deal.

We agree on something again.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #2147 on: October 07, 2013, 12:41:52 pm »
That's stunning, re: the CC restrictions. I have never seen that for a show there, even instant sellouts like NMH or The Killers.

If any regulars want me to get them a ticket, I will do so.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #2148 on: October 07, 2013, 12:55:48 pm »

I wonder if Seth has anything to do with this restriction.. I mean he may figure people might want to drive down for a club show in Richmond compared to a  pricier Pixies show in a fancy seated concert hall.. and may have based his guarantee in part on this restriction....

or maybe not.. just pure speculation.. hard to see any other reason.... the pixies only want to play for richmond people? seems really silly..i could see it if it was NYC but Richmond? are there even that many Pixies fans in Richmond??? And what is wrong with a Pixies fan driving down from say Charlottesville or Fredericksburg ?

hutch

« Reply #2149 on: October 07, 2013, 12:59:48 pm »
hmm....maybe I need to shift to the conspiracy theory thread

and thank you Julian... although your attending the show sort of scares me .. ,my asshole is stlll hurting from that time you ripped me a new one about the "natural" DC shows...

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #2150 on: October 07, 2013, 03:31:03 pm »
i also really enjoy, that people blame the venue dar for the fact that losers wont stand there.  i think the place is cursed.  they would not stand for sonic youth. 

but for widespread panic . . . all curses are cured, for those fans were bouncing off the walls.  sitting?  dont understand, but i dont blame dar.  i blame them for other things.

« Reply #2151 on: October 07, 2013, 04:27:51 pm »
The venue clarified that there is a 200 miles radius they'll sell tickets to for this that includes Baltimore. They don't want scalpers on the other side of the country buying them. Everyone should be good.
LVMH

killsaly

« Reply #2152 on: October 08, 2013, 05:25:13 pm »
It is awesome that the Post published the article about Azaghal1981!  I have had quite a few conversations about the art project (which is what i consider it, though I guess experiment works) and I hope he keeps it going.  What the article failed to address was the Ian McKaye connection to the origin, but maybe some things are better left a mystery...

heather

« Reply #2153 on: October 09, 2013, 10:13:18 am »
What the article failed to address was the Ian McKaye connection to the origin, but maybe some things are better left a mystery...

ooh, now i'm curious!!!

« Reply #2154 on: October 09, 2013, 12:36:09 pm »
I met Azaghal1981 at Belle and Sebastian a few months back briefly, had no idea he was blind, and thought he was an enormous dick for being the one person in the group who did not extend their arm to shake my hand. I now -- in retrospect, armed with this new information -- realize I was the enormous dick.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 12:46:11 pm by Julian, Former Weblebrity »
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #2155 on: October 09, 2013, 12:57:36 pm »
I met Azaghal1981 at Belle and Sebastian a few months back briefly, had no idea he was blind, and thought he was an enormous dick for being the one person in the group who did not extend their arm to shake my hand. I now -- in retrospect, armed with this new information -- realize I was the enormous dick.

Next time you should shake his penis.

« Reply #2156 on: October 09, 2013, 01:03:43 pm »
Next time you should shake his penis.
I will not.
LVMH

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #2157 on: October 09, 2013, 01:19:49 pm »
you know, when i first read that, i thought julian said azag had a enormous dick.  hot!  blind guys in bed, are so . . . fucking hot!

« Reply #2158 on: October 09, 2013, 01:22:48 pm »
blind guys in bed, are so . . . fucking hot!
Coincidentally, it was at a Belle and Sebastian show, as I already said, at which I made his acquaintance, and they have a song called The Model which promotes the same high opinion of the intercourse skills of the visually impaired. And they played it at said concert!

Eerie!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 01:31:27 pm by Julian, Former Weblebrity »
LVMH

bearman🐻

« Reply #2159 on: October 09, 2013, 01:44:28 pm »
blind guys in bed, are so . . . fucking hot!
Coincidentally, it was at a Belle and Sebastian show, as I already said, at which I made his acquaintance, and they have a song called The Model which promotes the same high opinion of the intercourse skills of the visually impaired. And they played it at said concert!

Eerie!

That was the cruisiest, most gay/bi concert I've seen in a long time. Crazy amounts of sexual tension, and nobody seemed to mind. Glad to know I wasn't imagining that.