Author Topic: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition  (Read 1456431 times)

hutch

Re: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition
« Reply #2250 on: November 14, 2013, 09:55:58 pm »
ok, i just read it . . . besides the chicken parm talk, simply because i am hungry right now, i fully believe in reselling tickets, reselling anything, making money, making all the money, making fuck you money, making whore money.  you know what else i believe in?  not giving a shit what other people think about me.   

ok gordon gecko

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2251 on: November 15, 2013, 10:47:21 am »
Could Cave headline Merriweather?

i doubt it.  i don't think he has enough pull to fill the pavilion let alone sell any lawn tickets.  he sold well at strathmore, but that's easier to get to and holds less than 2,000.  moving a venue ten times bigger and harder to get to seems like an iffy proposal.  mind you, i have no idea what the break-even point is for MMP.  maybe selling 3,000 or 4,000 tickets is enough to make a show viable.

maybe if he co-headlined with someone that also has decent pull.
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #2252 on: November 15, 2013, 12:56:05 pm »

i doubt it.  i don't think he has enough pull to fill the pavilion let alone sell any lawn tickets.  he sold well at strathmore, but that's easier to get to and holds less than 2,000.  moving a venue ten times bigger and harder to get to seems like an iffy proposal.  mind you, i have no idea what the break-even point is for MMP.  maybe selling 3,000 or 4,000 tickets is enough to make a show viable.

^what I think

I will only add that for the Strathmore show there were tickets being unloaded CHEAP on stubhub the day of show...

atomic

« Reply #2253 on: November 15, 2013, 02:19:19 pm »

MPP is easier to get to for probably most people in the area.  I think acts generally sell more tickets at MPP than if they play at other venues.

« Reply #2254 on: November 15, 2013, 02:21:36 pm »
MPP is easier to get to for probably most people in the area. 
MPP is the most horribly located venue only second to the Lube
slack

atomic

« Reply #2255 on: November 15, 2013, 02:23:03 pm »

No compairison between the two.  MPP is perfectly located. It is between Washington and Baltimore.  That is why it does so well. 

James Ford

« Reply #2256 on: November 15, 2013, 02:26:21 pm »
Clearly if Nick Cave is going to headline MPP, he needs to get one of his songs played on American Idol like Leonard Cohen did.

atomic

« Reply #2257 on: November 15, 2013, 02:27:25 pm »
Clearly if Nick Cave is going to headline MPP, he needs to get one of his songs played on American Idol like Leonard Cohen did.

Why all this obsesssion with Nick Cave.  He was good 20 years ago but no one cares about him anymore.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #2258 on: November 15, 2013, 02:31:12 pm »
because he moans and droans on.  people like that.  just ask morrissey and tom waits.

atomic

« Reply #2259 on: November 15, 2013, 02:32:34 pm »
because he moans and droans on.  people like that.  just ask morrisey and tom waits.

Oh my god don't get me started on Morrissey.  People Arcade Fire and Yeah  Yeah Yeahs exist.  You don't need to live in the past. 

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #2260 on: November 15, 2013, 02:34:45 pm »
im officially over this whole . . . "the beatles thing"

fuck paul, even though his new album is very good.  fuck ringo and his "peace and love"  fuck the other two dead ones, too.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2261 on: November 15, 2013, 02:48:56 pm »

No compairison between the two.  MPP is perfectly located. It is between Washington and Baltimore.  That is why it does so well. 

MPP is not at all convenient to get to.  for one, there is no public transpo.  for sold out shows the traffic can get stupid.  it can easily take over an hour to get out there from downtown DC (for a friday show, fuhgetaboutit).  there is little to do around MPP in terms of pre- and post-gaming (yes there are a few options... emphasis on "a few").

that being said, i love MPP.  it has tons of great things about it.  but being conveniently located isn't one of them.
<sig>

Yada

« Reply #2262 on: November 15, 2013, 02:51:48 pm »

MPP is not at all convenient to get to.  for one, there is no public transpo.  for sold out shows the traffic can get stupid.  it can easily take over an hour to get out there from downtown DC (for a friday show, fuhgetaboutit).  there is little to do around MPP in terms of pre- and post-gaming (yes there are a few options... emphasis on "a few").

that being said, i love MPP.  it has tons of great things about it.  but being conveniently located isn't one of them.

Well... fortunately or unfortunately, outdoor venues don't tend to be in the middle of a city center unless it's a stadium. I'd take MPP any day over Nissan.

atomic

« Reply #2263 on: November 15, 2013, 02:53:00 pm »

It is very easy to get to.  I have never had any problem getting to it no matter how crowded the show I Have never run into traffic in 30 years of attending shows.

It takes an hour from downtown DC?  Well big deal.  How long do you think it takes me to get to downtown DC from my house.  It is the best location for people in the Metro Area.  I have never been to the Strathmore as that is a horrible drive.   You are just looking it from your point of view.  MPP is the most convient location for the Baltimore Washington Metro Area.  If you can't see that you have tunnel vision.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2264 on: November 15, 2013, 04:21:43 pm »
I'd take MPP any day over Nissan.

that goes without saying.  MPP is closer, among a million other reasons why it's better.
<sig>