Author Topic: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition  (Read 1456119 times)

Relaxer

Re: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition
« Reply #2265 on: November 15, 2013, 04:23:57 pm »
You are just looking it from your point of view.

LOL
oword

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2266 on: November 15, 2013, 04:37:12 pm »
You are just looking it from your point of view.

LOL

wait, did atomic just accuse someone of only seeing something from their point of view?

the irony... it's... suffocating...
<sig>

DotTheEyes

« Reply #2267 on: November 18, 2013, 10:18:43 am »
The way this Nick Cave announcement is unfolding is unusual.  I half wonder if the first letter of the venue where he is playing will come out next.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #2268 on: November 18, 2013, 10:29:45 am »
nick cave probably playing lollapalooza?
(_|_)

K8teebug

« Reply #2269 on: November 18, 2013, 10:40:40 am »
As long as it isn't RNR I don't care where it is!  That concert was something else.  Thanks for brightening my Monday!

K8teebug

« Reply #2270 on: November 18, 2013, 10:41:24 am »
MPP is easier to get to for probably most people in the area. 
MPP is the most horribly located venue only second to the Lube

NOT FOR ME.  I can walk to it.  And it's easy to get to....not like Nissan.

K8teebug

« Reply #2271 on: November 18, 2013, 10:42:16 am »
MPP is easier to get to for probably most people in the area. 
MPP is the most horribly located venue only second to the Lube

No compairison between the two.  MPP is perfectly located. It is between Washington and Baltimore.  That is why it does so well. 

MPP is not at all convenient to get to.  for one, there is no public transpo.  for sold out shows the traffic can get stupid.  it can easily take over an hour to get out there from downtown DC (for a friday show, fuhgetaboutit).  there is little to do around MPP in terms of pre- and post-gaming (yes there are a few options... emphasis on "a few").

that being said, i love MPP.  it has tons of great things about it.  but being conveniently located isn't one of them.

It is very easy to get to.  I have never had any problem getting to it no matter how crowded the show I Have never run into traffic in 30 years of attending shows.

It takes an hour from downtown DC?  Well big deal.  How long do you think it takes me to get to downtown DC from my house.  It is the best location for people in the Metro Area.  I have never been to the Strathmore as that is a horrible drive.   You are just looking it from your point of view.  MPP is the most convient location for the Baltimore Washington Metro Area.  If you can't see that you have tunnel vision.

HEY!  We agree again.

« Reply #2272 on: November 18, 2013, 02:17:46 pm »
Nick Cave ticket prices for DAR
US $53.00 Ticket + US $17.35 Fees = US $70.35

Grr that is pricey.  I do love Nick live and was bummed didn't make the Strathmore show
May have to plunk down some coin for this show
slack

K8teebug

« Reply #2273 on: November 18, 2013, 02:31:32 pm »
That's okay with me.  I think we paid around 80 a ticket for Strathmore and it was worth every penny.

hutch

« Reply #2274 on: November 18, 2013, 02:43:36 pm »
That's okay with me.  I think we paid around 80 a ticket for Strathmore and it was worth every penny.

I second that...

its just an indication of how much concert prices have risen... when we think that for the 930 he was charging $45 or so I think..which was already a lot...

I think my philosophy on this is that if I manage to get really great seats I'll go...otherwise I probably will not go...thats my philosophy in general these days about shows which require that much outlay...

not that anyone cares about my philosophy of course...

K8teebug

« Reply #2275 on: November 18, 2013, 03:31:37 pm »
It's going to be really difficult to top getting second row and having him sing basically over us the entire time so it felt like he was in our living room...but that's okay.

emmanuel

« Reply #2276 on: November 18, 2013, 03:49:14 pm »
It's going to be really difficult to top getting second row and having him sing basically over us the entire time so it felt like he was in our living room...but that's okay.

I went first row at the Montreal show this year (reluctantly, since my friends waited outside for hours and I made my way to see them). This was actually fun, because Nick Cave was basically 1 meter from me all night, and the sound was OK, for a front row. But if it was just me, anywhere in the room is fine, as long as people are not chatting.

gavroche

« Reply #2277 on: November 18, 2013, 08:27:54 pm »

I think my philosophy on this is that if I manage to get really great seats I'll go...otherwise I probably will not go...thats my philosophy in general these days about shows which require that much outlay...

This is where I am on the Bad Seeds show as well.  Pretty disappointed about the venue. 

K8teebug

« Reply #2278 on: November 19, 2013, 10:03:44 am »
I don't really mind DAR.  I've seen some of my favorite shows there.  Tori Amos always sounds good there.  Belle and Sebastian and Sleater-Kinney were great.  And the Pixies were awesome.  And it was my favorite Morrissey show.  I will say that I've always sat either near the front or in one of the boxes.  (The exception being Kids in the Hall in the early 00).  It's easy to find parking nearby and I can go to Blue Duck Tavern for dinner. 

gavroche

« Reply #2279 on: November 19, 2013, 11:04:04 am »
I don't really mind DAR.  I've seen some of my favorite shows there.  Tori Amos always sounds good there.  Belle and Sebastian and Sleater-Kinney were great.  And the Pixies were awesome.  And it was my favorite Morrissey show.  I will say that I've always sat either near the front or in one of the boxes.  (The exception being Kids in the Hall in the early 00).  It's easy to find parking nearby and I can go to Blue Duck Tavern for dinner. 

I've only been to a couple of shows there but I've always found the sound horrible.  I did just buy a Nick Cave ticket though.  I do hate that the fan club tickets have $10 shipping attached to them!