Author Topic: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition  (Read 1455923 times)

i am gay and i like cats

Re: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition
« Reply #2385 on: December 03, 2013, 07:54:13 pm »
oh . . . sorry.  i like pavement, i think.  maybe, i should check first.  i need to pay more attention to what i like and dont.

Yada

« Reply #2386 on: December 03, 2013, 07:55:35 pm »
The Malkmus discography is damn near perfect, I'd recommend hanging up your work boots and Oregon trail outfits and taking a listen.

WTF are you talking about?  Perfect?  How's grad school, Yada?  Stephen Malkmus solo is the sound of one hand jerking off. 

Brian

Brian, I'd expect a much better response from you.

so i have never listened to this malkmus guy.  was reading all about it on the forum today.  who is this guy.  why is this guy so beloved.  like jesus beloved.  like kanye beloved.  like tmz beloved.  then on the way home today, a nuetral milk hotel song came on sirius.  now i know . . . why i have never heard of him or listened to his music.  it really was not that good.  sounded like, fisher price my first band, or something cavemen would do while banging on instruments with elephant bones in a cave down by the first fields of pot on the planet.

walky = walky.  always has, always will.

Walky, I'm highly confused by your post. I wholeheartedly agree that the admiration of Neutral Milk Hotel is quite laughable, however, have you ever heard of a band called Pavement? I'd suggest taking a listen and disregarding anything Brian Wallace posts. Stephen Malkmus or Pavement =/= Neutral Milk Hotel.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #2387 on: December 03, 2013, 07:56:18 pm »
brian, or atomic, would never make such a mistake, im sure.  they seem to be in tune with what they hate.  

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #2388 on: December 03, 2013, 07:57:27 pm »
well, then whos the lead singer of nuetral milk hotel?

Yada

« Reply #2389 on: December 03, 2013, 08:01:16 pm »
well, then whos the lead singer of nuetral milk hotel?

http://bit.ly/18Za9Tt

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #2390 on: December 03, 2013, 08:12:21 pm »
that was neat, yada . . . youre so good to me.

killsaly

« Reply #2391 on: December 03, 2013, 08:31:51 pm »
I didn't get into Neutral Milk Hotel in the 90s, and mainly bought a ticket for the 2640 show to see what the hype was about, and also bought tickets to the DAR show for someone's birthday (who I found out was a fan AFTER I got the 2640 one or I could have just bought two tickets to that)... And I left the 2640 show 100% a fan and cant wait to see them in January! Everyone in that band was so talented, and even would switch between multiple instruments within the same song! Maybe you just heard a not great song of theirs, I wouldn't describe them as Fisher Price anything.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #2392 on: December 03, 2013, 08:34:33 pm »
it was just one song.  which, is rude of me to judge, based on just one song.  god, if i listened to a lou barlow song as my first introduction to dinosaur . . . i wouldnt own every album of theirs, like i do.

killsaly

« Reply #2393 on: December 03, 2013, 08:36:48 pm »
You dont like Lou's Sebadoh songs?  I take it you will probably not be at Dinosaur Jr in 9 days...

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #2394 on: December 03, 2013, 08:40:26 pm »
i have seen dinosaur so many times . . . and i do not approve of this new dinosaur live process, where j refuses to play anything after he kicked their asses to the curb.  and i only hate lou in dinosaur.  love him anywhere else.  isnt that weird?

emmanuel

« Reply #2395 on: December 03, 2013, 09:29:34 pm »
hmm it's not like Lou does much in Dinosaur Jr. except for odd banters and 2 songs per show.

hutch

« Reply #2396 on: December 03, 2013, 09:43:28 pm »
someone might not like pavement and not like malkmus

but I think its hard to like pavement and not like malkmus..

malkmus pretty much was pavement and his solo albums have been better than the last two pavement albums (terror twilight and brighten the corners) in my opinion......

pig lib is wonderful stuff...top shelf...the jicks were/are a tighter band than pavement.....malkmus has only gotten better at playing guitar... sleater's janet weiss was on a few jicks albums and then john moen was on a few others... two of the best drummers going bar none..

what happened, as usual, is that the hipsters went on their date to ikea got married had kids and stopped giving a shit and instead of saying to themselves "I don't give a shit about malkmus which is odd as i used to worship his jesus juice so his solo stuff has to suck or it makes no sense...wow! his solo stuff sucks even though I haven't heard it! yeay!" while the young uns needed to like something all of their own... every generation needs its own jesus juice.....

the pavement reunion, i was at the MPP show, only drove home how much pavement was malkmus' band...

at least that is the way i see it...

« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 10:26:24 pm by hutch »

stevewizzle

« Reply #2397 on: December 03, 2013, 09:47:43 pm »
The Malkmus discography is damn near perfect, I'd recommend hanging up your work boots and Oregon trail outfits and taking a listen.

WTF are you talking about?  Perfect?  How's grad school, Yada?  Stephen Malkmus solo is the sound of one hand jerking off. 

Brian

Brian, I'd expect a much better response from you.

his solo songs kind of do sound like a gigantic circle jerk

also, i appreciated brian limiting his response to less than 100 words for once.

Got Haggis?

« Reply #2398 on: December 03, 2013, 10:18:09 pm »
I snoozed on dinosaur jr tickets, now it's sold out damnit

Unsanity

« Reply #2399 on: December 04, 2013, 02:36:30 am »
I saw The Jicks opening for Radiohead at MPP what? 10 years ago? Man was it awful. The crowd was disinterested in their music and so was Steve Malkmus.