Author Topic: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition  (Read 1456011 times)

Yada

Re: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition
« Reply #2505 on: January 29, 2014, 12:33:24 pm »
Jiffy is off 66 or 50 or some other shit highway in VA right? About 30 miles from DC....yeah, it takes MUCH longer than an hour to get there at Rush hour, on a Friday, in the summer. That's like the perfect storm.

Edit: it does take sweetcell multiple hours to get to MPP from northern MoCo, so maybe he is doing something wrong in general.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 12:35:10 pm by Yada »

James Ford

« Reply #2506 on: January 29, 2014, 12:36:49 pm »
Why is 66 a "shit" highway? Because you live in Maryland and thus everything in Virginia is shit? It's no shittier than 270.

Anyway, load up your car with people and take the HOV lane.

Jiffy is off 66 or 50 or some other shit highway in VA right? About 30 miles from DC....yeah, it takes MUCH longer than an hour to get there at Rush hour, on a Friday, in the summer. That's like the perfect storm.

atomic

« Reply #2507 on: January 29, 2014, 12:38:19 pm »
Why is 66 a "shit" highway? Because you live in Maryland and thus everything in Virginia is shit? It's no shittier than 270.

66 backs on the weekend.  Too much traffic for too small of a road.  I guess if you like staning still on the hightway than it isn't a shit highway.  Otherwise it is.

Yada

« Reply #2508 on: January 29, 2014, 12:38:45 pm »

I knew that would ruffle Jimmy's feathers. And it's shit because there is a two lane highway to move millions of people a day, sweet planning VA.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #2509 on: January 29, 2014, 12:39:30 pm »
Hypothetically, what if no one else can stand the thought of spending time with you? What should I-- er um, I mean, that hypothetical person, what advice would you have for them in getting to Jiffy Lube Live?
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #2510 on: January 29, 2014, 12:53:22 pm »

Edit: it does take sweetcell multiple hours to get to MPP from northern MoCo, so maybe he is doing something wrong in general.

i don't know..maybe it took me an hour 15 but I was moving the entire time and only a few minutes at 30 mph..the rest was smooth sailing

i actually took cabin john parkway to 495 to 66 because it was just me and 66 is HOV up to 495

trust me.. i was there WAY too early.. and the reason I left so early was because of all this baloney y'all are spouting about how you have to leave at 2.. its just not so

but hey believe what you want to believe.... all i'm saying this paranoia is silly... you're not going to have a great time on 495 going to MPP during rush hour either!

atomic

« Reply #2511 on: January 29, 2014, 12:56:12 pm »
It only takes me an hour and a half to get from my house in Baltimore to Philadelphia.  I wouldn't be bragging that it only took you an hour and a 1/4 to get from one part of town to another when you left early.

James Ford

« Reply #2512 on: January 29, 2014, 01:02:59 pm »
Wow, 106 miles in 90 minutes. That's pretty impressive.
It only takes me an hour and a half to get from my house in Baltimore to Philadelphia.  I wouldn't be bragging that it only took you an hour and a 1/4 to get from one part of town to another when you left early.

hutch

« Reply #2513 on: January 29, 2014, 01:04:57 pm »

Bragging? Was I bragging without realizing it? wow.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2514 on: January 29, 2014, 01:05:54 pm »

not sure where you got that.  i can get to MPP in under 30 mins.  there are a ton of ways for me to get there.  bristow = 66 only.

i haven't been there in several years, so maybe things have improved.  up until a year and a half ago, my home office was in McLean so i'm all too familiar with what 66 looks like on a summer friday.  an off-ramp to the venue isn't going to solve everything.

[Hypothetically, what if no one else can stand the thought of spending time with you? What should I-- er um, I mean, that hypothetical person, what advice would you have for them in getting to Jiffy Lube Live?

since this hypothetical person might be coming from richmond, they might consider taking 17 (after fredericksburg), to 15, to 29.  avoid NoVa/DC and come at the venue from the west.
<sig>

atomic

« Reply #2515 on: January 29, 2014, 01:11:06 pm »
Wow, 106 miles in 90 minutes. That's pretty impressive.

I have 102 miles from my house to Downtown Philly.

Yada

« Reply #2516 on: January 29, 2014, 01:31:53 pm »

not sure where you got that.  i can get to MPP in under 30 mins.  there are a ton of ways for me to get there.  bristow = 66 only.

i haven't been there in several years, so maybe things have improved.  up until a year and a half ago, my home office was in McLean so i'm all too familiar with what 66 looks like on a summer friday.  an off-ramp to the venue isn't going to solve everything.

[Hypothetically, what if no one else can stand the thought of spending time with you? What should I-- er um, I mean, that hypothetical person, what advice would you have for them in getting to Jiffy Lube Live?

since this hypothetical person might be coming from richmond, they might consider taking 17 (after fredericksburg), to 15, to 29.  avoid NoVa/DC and come at the venue from the west.

I thought you've complained in the past about MPP traffic and the routes to get there, maybe I'm confusing you with another boardee.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #2517 on: January 29, 2014, 01:45:40 pm »
I solve all these problems (both real and imagined) by not going to shows at these places.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #2518 on: January 29, 2014, 01:48:36 pm »
move out of the city and into the cuntry.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #2519 on: January 29, 2014, 02:08:44 pm »
move out of the city and into the cuntry.
thats what i am doing soon