Author Topic: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition  (Read 1456098 times)

Hexenjagd

Re: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition
« Reply #2520 on: January 29, 2014, 02:11:19 pm »
Walkonby why is a show being in Baltimore a problem? I prefer to see shows in that city. 

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #2521 on: January 29, 2014, 02:25:58 pm »
i get lost in baltimore easier than in dc, actually i love driving in dc, for some reason.  i know where all the easy parking garages are and all the great places to eat in dc.  i dont know a damn thing about balitimore.  it takes longer for me to get there, as well.  also, for some reason, and i dont why, and im sure i am wrong, but i feel safer in dc.

James Ford

« Reply #2522 on: January 29, 2014, 02:28:08 pm »
Get a GPS and a gun. Problems solved.

azaghal1981

« Reply #2523 on: January 29, 2014, 02:33:43 pm »
Your sense of direction can't be worse than Joe's. I've never met anyone who gets turned around that easily including myself.

i get lost in baltimore easier than in dc, actually i love driving in dc, for some reason.  i know where all the easy parking garages are and all the great places to eat in dc.  i dont know a damn thing about balitimore.  it takes longer for me to get there, as well.  also, for some reason, and i dont why, and im sure i am wrong, but i feel safer in dc.
احمد

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #2524 on: January 29, 2014, 02:35:26 pm »
Get a GPS and a gun. Problems solved.

still farther for me, so problem, not solved.  also, baltimore has too many syllables.

Hexenjagd

« Reply #2525 on: January 29, 2014, 02:45:24 pm »
I find Baltimore easier to navigate. Anyways for that show, I would much rather watch it with an ottobar crowd over a Black Cat one. I do appreciate the distance issue, But for me that is a non-issue, as I am about 20 miles from either city.

James Ford

« Reply #2526 on: January 29, 2014, 02:55:49 pm »
I've lived in Baltimore City and also in DC (in addition to living in the burbs of both), and my findings were the same. Baltimore easier.

I find Baltimore easier to navigate. Anyways for that show, I would much rather watch it with an ottobar crowd over a Black Cat one. I do appreciate the distance issue, But for me that is a non-issue, as I am about 20 miles from either city.

Got Haggis?

« Reply #2527 on: January 29, 2014, 03:05:46 pm »
yeah baltimore is so small, especially when you factor out areas you would never visit anyway. most of the city laid out on a NS/EW grid.....extremely easy to get around.  then again, i live in it.

i don't have any problems getting around dc either for the most part....but i certainly find baltimore easier.

Yada

« Reply #2528 on: January 29, 2014, 03:15:28 pm »
Walkonby why is a show being in Baltimore a problem? I prefer to see shows in that city. 

He's scared of the people of Bawlmore, like the Christian conservatives fear him.

atomic

« Reply #2529 on: January 29, 2014, 03:21:21 pm »

Ottobar area has less killings than 930 club area.  If you get there early you can park in the club lot for free and they have a security guard in the lot.  At the Ottobar I would be more afraid of getting out if there were a fire in the club than the risks  outside the club.  Easy to find.  Take 83 south get off at 28th street, right on howard and you are there.

atomic

« Reply #2530 on: January 29, 2014, 03:24:12 pm »
yeah baltimore is so small, especially when you factor out areas you would never visit anyway. most of the city laid out on a NS/EW grid.....extremely easy to get around.  then again, i live in it.

i don't have any problems getting around dc either for the most part....but i certainly find baltimore easier.

I was a motorcycle courier in DC once so I know my way around but Baltimore is much easier to find places. 

ggw

« Reply #2531 on: January 29, 2014, 03:42:09 pm »
How is it difficult to find something in DC?

4 quadrants with lettered and numbered streets radiating outward from that giant white building on the hill.
815 V St. NW?  Northwest of the capital on V st. (between U St. and W St.) and between 8th and 9th (800 < 815 < 900)

Named streets are sequential alphabetically and by number of syllables.

State streets go diagonally.

For 95% of the addresses in DC you can figure out where something is based on the above.

You want difficult, try Arlington.

atomic

« Reply #2532 on: January 29, 2014, 03:45:11 pm »

4 quadrants with lettered and numbered streets radiating outward from that giant white building on the hill.
815 V St. NW?  Northwest of the capital on V st. (between U St. and W St.) and between 8th and 9th (800 < 815 < 900)

For 95% of the addresses in DC you can figure out where something is based on the above.

Rosalyn. 

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #2533 on: January 29, 2014, 03:56:18 pm »

FWIW, after the three-syllable streets are done headed northbound on Georgia Ave, it starts in on botanical names in alphabetical order without regard to syllable count.

Aspen
Butternut
Cedar
Dahlia etc

ggw

« Reply #2534 on: January 29, 2014, 04:06:12 pm »

Aspen
Butternut
Cedar
Dahlia etc

Sounds like the guestlist for vansmack's bachelor party...