Author Topic: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition  (Read 1455335 times)

Hexenjagd

Re: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition
« Reply #2550 on: February 05, 2014, 12:33:01 pm »
I would need to get four pavilion seats next to each other.  Do you not plan your dates?

emmanuel

« Reply #2551 on: February 05, 2014, 12:38:44 pm »
Yeah the 2640 show was very good but nothing I'd go out of my way to catch again any time soon. Still, I bet demand is high and the pavilion will sell out. Lawn might be another story but we shall find out. I'd love to see Circulatory System in an intimate setting. They are kind of a quiet band so it'll probably be impossible to hear them as well as one would want in a setting like MPP even right up against the stage on the floor due to all the chatting of antsy NMH fans.

You do realize the 2640 show was literally their first show together in 15 years ?   saw them at DAR  they have no problem handling big crowds.  Now if they would have booked MPP first then I'd be suspect.. inside the pavilion isn't any more daunting than DAR really.   oh and also .   you're welcome  http://www.crowdsurge.com/Neutral-Milk-Hotel/
  ::)Of course he knew it was their first show in 15 years. 

I will be at the MPP show.  I loved the 2640 and DAR shows, and like another post said, it sounds like a fun summer night.  I am already setting it up for a dinner/concert double date with some friends.

Same night as Nick Cave in Philly :(

Hexenjagd

« Reply #2552 on: February 05, 2014, 12:41:56 pm »
SKIP IT MANNY!  ;D LETS HAVE A TRIPLE DATE.

emmanuel

« Reply #2553 on: February 05, 2014, 12:50:13 pm »
I have friends coming just for the Nick Cave tour. And I think I prefer him anyway, although both Mann Center and the MPP are not my preferred venues.

Hexenjagd

« Reply #2554 on: February 11, 2014, 05:09:09 pm »
Do you guys really watch late night talk shows?  You don't find them to be dreadfully boring, no matter who the host is?  I dig Seth as much as the next person, but wouldn't waste my time on his talk show. 

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #2555 on: February 11, 2014, 05:10:50 pm »
Yeah, no.  I DVR John Stewart and only watch the schtick.

Hexenjagd

« Reply #2556 on: February 11, 2014, 05:19:39 pm »
I meant the long-format, late-night talk shows on the big networks.  I don't really count the Daily Show or the Colbert Report in that category (and like both shows).  Wiki calls the Daily Show a "late night satirical television program" and not a late night talk show.

Yada

« Reply #2557 on: February 11, 2014, 05:30:33 pm »
I meant the long-format, late-night talk shows on the big networks.  I don't really count the Daily Show or the Colbert Report in that category (and like both shows).  Wiki calls the Daily Show a "late night satirical television program" and not a late night talk show.

It's rare I stay up that late, but I find Jimmy Fallon's show quite entertaining and he's grown on me a lot over the years. I used to be a big Letterman fan too when I stayed up past 11pm.

atomic

« Reply #2558 on: February 11, 2014, 06:18:22 pm »

The daily show sucks balls. I mean it is Ok if you watch one episode.  But watching more than one episode a year is annoying as hell. Because it is the same joke over and over again.  Plus the host sucks.     Colbert is Ok every once in a while.  He is funny at least.   I used to watch Letterman back in the 80's when he was on NBC and enjoyed him but then he moved to CBS and he got guest who were only their plugging their movies and it kind of went down hill fast.

THe late night shows do have live musical acts which I will watch once in a while if someone from Baltimore is on them.

What does this have to do with "Just Announced"? 

atomic

« Reply #2559 on: February 11, 2014, 06:20:37 pm »
Ok I see the other thread has something about Seth Myers having a show.  I don't find him funny.  I get it he is short and all but I don't like short people.

K8teebug

« Reply #2560 on: February 12, 2014, 09:40:14 am »
I'll definitely DVR Seth Meyers to see his band.

I don't stay up past 9:30/10.  I get up at 5 to go running when it isn't f'ing icy everywhere.

Hexenjagd

« Reply #2561 on: February 12, 2014, 04:53:40 pm »
what's new? Hexen doesn't finish shows. He goes to shows late and goes home early. This shouldn't be a surprise.
Let us look at this statement, and apply it to 2014. 
1.  Perfect Pussy/Big Mouth/Multicult/Hive Bent.  I arrived at the show 30 minutes before the music started, and stayed until Perfect Pussy finished.
2.  Pixies at Electric Factory.  I did miss the opener, but stayed for all of Pixies.  But I did have to drive 130 miles to get there.
3.  Weekends/Small Apartments/Wing Dam/Goblin Mold.  Was there 1 hour before music started and stayed until Weekends finished.
4.  Neutral Milk Hotel.  I was sick so I skipped Elf Power.  I stayed for all of NMH.

I saw four shows.  There were 12 possible bands that I could watch.  I watched ten of them. 

I don't know why you want to talk shit about me.  I just don't like Swearin'. 

azaghal1981

« Reply #2562 on: February 12, 2014, 05:14:43 pm »
I just don't like Swearin'. 

This is just wrong!
احمد

Hexenjagd

« Reply #2563 on: February 12, 2014, 05:16:21 pm »
Maybe.  But in my heart I feel it to be true - and that explains my lack of desire to see them again.  It also explains my lack of their tunes in my collection. 

If we were to go together, of course i would stay for the whole thing. 

Vas Deferens

« Reply #2564 on: February 12, 2014, 05:28:45 pm »
'cause it's fun.  ;D
(_|_)