Author Topic: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition  (Read 1456493 times)

atomic

Re: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition
« Reply #2715 on: April 15, 2014, 03:58:57 pm »
I've never started a sentence with the words 'The last time I got into a fist fight'.

Well you are still young so you have hope.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #2716 on: April 15, 2014, 03:59:49 pm »
I've never started a sentence with the words 'The last time I got into a fist fight'.
POTW

... Although I'm certain atomic will somehow insinuate that you're a Nancy or something for being adult enought to not get into a physical altercation with another person.
LVMH

atomic

« Reply #2717 on: April 15, 2014, 04:18:41 pm »
POTW

... Although I'm certain atomic will somehow insinuate that you're a Nancy or something for being adult enought to not get into a physical altercation with another person.

You did notice I said it was in the mid-80's.   POTW for someone never getting into a fight in their life?  What happened to the fun Julian?  Are you manic depressive?

« Reply #2718 on: April 15, 2014, 04:21:39 pm »
  Are you manic depressive?
Boy, if I was, you'd feel like a real asshole for asking... I mean , if you didn't suffer from borderline personality disorder, you would anyway.
LVMH

atomic

« Reply #2719 on: April 15, 2014, 04:28:54 pm »
Boy, if I was, you'd feel like a real asshole for asking... I mean , if you didn't suffer from borderline personality disorder, you would anyway.

Your depressive side is depressing me. 

shemptiness

« Reply #2720 on: April 15, 2014, 05:59:30 pm »

Go get into a fist fight.  It'll cheer you up.

Unsanity

« Reply #2721 on: April 16, 2014, 01:25:25 am »
Fillmore staff can be awful. I went to a show there and got in line to buy tickets at the window. The people  at the window were basically clueless and that took forever. Made me miss an entire opening band. When the show ended at midnight us concertgoers were told to hit the road immediately. They pretty much pushed everyone out the door. I told them I had to close my tab and they did not care one bit. That really made my blood boil. Have not been back since.

atomic

« Reply #2722 on: April 16, 2014, 11:22:46 am »

Go get into a fist fight.  It'll cheer you up.

Are you challenging me?  We probably would be pretty pathetic, you never being in a fight and me not being one in 30 years. 

hutch

« Reply #2723 on: April 16, 2014, 01:38:14 pm »
I'm sorry...but anything run by the Live Nation Ticketmaster behemoth is going to suck compared to anything associated with IMP.

The Fillmore is allright if you have to check out a band you love but that's about it..

I think in the end Seth was right when he predicted that the Fllmore instead of helping create more competition would actually cause higher ticket prices...it created more competition to the benefit of artists not people who go to concerts...

Hexenjagd

« Reply #2724 on: April 16, 2014, 02:13:20 pm »
You mean changes to ticket prices for similarly sized venues (and can you link some evidence of these price increases, maybe a nice paper someone wrote)?  I didn't notice an increase in the ticket prices of smaller venues since the Fillmore opened.

hutch

« Reply #2725 on: April 16, 2014, 02:14:19 pm »
You mean changes to ticket prices for similarly sized venues (and can you link some evidence of these price increases, maybe a nice paper someone wrote)?  I didn't notice an increase in the ticket prices of smaller venues since the Fillmore opened.

oh yeah man I got a spreadsheet I keep but its confidential...

are you fucking serious?

Hexenjagd

« Reply #2726 on: April 16, 2014, 02:19:05 pm »
Yes I am fucking serious.  If you make claims and someone says "back them up", whats the problem?

With your statement you would think ALL The shows listed on 930 Club website would be $40 or $50.

I see mostly $20 with some $35 thrown in.  And some $18.  Really similar to what I was paying when I first started going to shows at 930 in 2005. 

« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 02:21:56 pm by Hexenjagd »

hutch

« Reply #2727 on: April 16, 2014, 02:28:58 pm »
Yes I am fucking serious.  If you make claims and someone says "back them up", whats the problem?

With your statement you would think ALL The shows listed on 930 Club website would be $40 or $50.

I see mostly $20 with some $35 thrown in.  And some $18.  Really similar to what I was paying when I first started going to shows at 930 in 2005. 

why all? I don't think all the shows have to go up in price to prove that shows in general have gone up?

do you?

sorry, i got to take my kid somewhere so i can't continue this

my impression is prices have gone up not just because of the fillmore but because a number of new venues have come in (the howard, hamilton, etc.) and they're all bidding for a limited pool of artists...price inflation... but if you think prices are the same then thats great

and no, i don't keep a spreadsheet...

i also don't think that its about similar vennues only... lets compare nick cave..yes the venue changed but the price skyrocketed..and there have beeen many like that...franz..etc...

newer bands are probably coming in at a lower level as they used to..because nobody knows them...

but established acts.. yeah the prices have gone up... at least that is what i see with my eyes and  feel with my wallet...

« Reply #2728 on: April 16, 2014, 02:55:52 pm »

^^^^^^ This.

This is what I found so ridiculous about people on here's hatred of this venue when it was proposed. Half of their argument is fanboy non-sequitor about how nothing could ever be as good as an IMP venue (because Seth is the only club owner on earth who can run a good ship, sure! /s), and the other half is pure conjecture. It was virtual gospel on here back in 2007 or so that if SSF opened up, ticket prices would sky rocket, and it just hasn't been true. But if you ask for proof of all this fanboy bluster, you're the asshole for asking. Its inane.
LVMH

atomic

« Reply #2729 on: April 16, 2014, 03:35:27 pm »
Having more venues competing for the same number of bands would not cause ticket prices to go up.  Didn't you guys even take Econmics 101?  If the 930 club could sell out the venue every night charging 100 dollars a ticket they would.  More venues might hurt the clubs profits but in the end tickets at the club are priced to make the most money off ticket and beer sales. 

But it turns out Live Nation has no clue what bands to book so the overall effect hasn't been what Seth feared.