Author Topic: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition  (Read 1456725 times)

atomic

Re: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition
« Reply #2925 on: May 30, 2014, 04:16:58 pm »
Some people don't want to wade through all of that.
Some people do. What a crazy world it is where people on a discussion board might want to discuss things instead of just a dry recitation of facts.

really missing the point...we want and openly encourage commentary
but just not to fill up the one thread that is for show posing
It's pretty obvious that the Just announced commentary thread is for the commentary on just announced

Well the thing that annoys me the most in Just Announced is when people abbreviate venues or bands names.  Then it takes me time to figure out what they are talking about.  Is it that hard to type out venue and band names? If so don't post the show.  

« Reply #2926 on: May 30, 2014, 04:17:03 pm »
One or two posts about a show in JA is one thing.

You guys just talked about Artscape and Cake and Sharon for pages.

Most of us dont give a shit who thinks Cake is a Broband when they are checking JA for shows they might not know about.

Ok I just figured this is Killsally.  Why the constant changing of user names?  I find that confusing.  James Ford started the thread de-rail.  And then Seth added to it.

I agree...it's all seth's fault
if he didn't create such a great club with a lame discussion board what the hell would we all do
where is my pitchfork and torch!
slack

Hexenjagd

« Reply #2927 on: May 30, 2014, 04:17:25 pm »
This shouldnt be an argument at all.   Post commentary in this THREAd.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #2928 on: May 30, 2014, 04:17:43 pm »
Some people don't want to wade through all of that.
Some people do. What a crazy world it is where people on a discussion board might want to discuss things instead of just a dry recitation of facts.

really missing the point...we want and openly encourage commentary
but just not to fill up the one thread that is for show posing
It's pretty obvious that the Just announced commentary thread is for the commentary on just announced
Do you understand how insane and counterintuitive that sounds?

Come to our discussion board and discuss things, but don't discuss concerts in the concert thread! It is our church! Look not upon the Most Holy, God will smite ye!
LVMH

atomic

« Reply #2929 on: May 30, 2014, 04:18:19 pm »
Seth has posted before in JA to STOP with the commentary.  At least twice since I have been a member.  So dont give me that crap because he added to a discussion this time.

Yeah but if he adds to the commentary it is hard to listen to him when he says to stop.  But I think this was actually discussion about an upcoming show.  A lot of times the commentary gets totally off shows.  Mostly due to James Ford.  

Hexenjagd

« Reply #2930 on: May 30, 2014, 04:18:39 pm »
I guess I should start using the MLB thread to discuss comic books.  I mean, its a discussion board.

Hexenjagd

« Reply #2931 on: May 30, 2014, 04:21:16 pm »
Or we can post what shows we are going to that week in the JA thread.  They are both about upcoming shows!

Hexenjagd

« Reply #2932 on: May 30, 2014, 04:21:38 pm »
Or use the TV Thread to talk about Football.  It IS on TV.

« Reply #2933 on: May 30, 2014, 04:23:04 pm »
I guess I should start using the MLB thread to discuss comic books.  I mean, its a discussion board.
No, you should discuss MLB in the MLB thread and comic books in comic book thread. Likewise, you should discuss just announced concerts in the Just Announced thread.

Following the JA-Commentary thread logic, the MLB thread should be for dry recitations of MLB scores and injury reports and a second MLB-Commentary thread should be started for people to respond to the news and scores in the first thread. Then a third thread called MLB roll call should be started where people say what games they're going to to protect the sanctity of the first two threads. All game recaps should be in Post Game Banter.

LVMH

atomic

« Reply #2934 on: May 30, 2014, 04:23:53 pm »
Or use the TV Thread to talk about Football.  It IS on TV.

I think you are facing an uphill battle in this one.  Unless someone is spending all their time deleting non-show threads in Just Announced there will always be commentary in it.  Oh and if you want to discuss about broadcasting of Football games in the TV thread by all means do.

Hexenjagd

« Reply #2935 on: May 30, 2014, 04:24:13 pm »
Well you guys do have threads for Orioles, MLB, and the Nats.  

Hexenjagd

« Reply #2936 on: May 30, 2014, 04:24:44 pm »
Put the commentary in this thread/  what is wrong with you?

« Reply #2937 on: May 30, 2014, 04:25:08 pm »
That wasn't my doing. Many of us find that nuts too.
LVMH

atomic

« Reply #2938 on: May 30, 2014, 04:25:17 pm »

I have no problem combining them.  Good idea.

atomic

« Reply #2939 on: May 30, 2014, 04:33:13 pm »
That was fun for a while.  Anyway there was a re-organizing the forum thread I started meant for everyone to discuss what should be posted where but everyone tried to make it into a joke.  I dont' see the need for seperate threads really.  And other sites dont' use multiple threads to announce shows.  If you want to see every show without comentary go to showlistdc. 

If you want to see IMP, 930 Club shows there is a list on this site.  Same with Black Cat,  Rams Head, Ottobar, Nissan Pavillion, and all the other venues have websites.  Really the only shows that we need posted here are ones that aren't at regular music venues.  Like DIY or Verizon and Stadium shows.  THere are big shows that I miss because no one posts them.