Author Topic: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition  (Read 1455481 times)

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
Re: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition
« Reply #3015 on: August 20, 2014, 04:14:35 pm »
I've met a handful of former and current members of Gwar, including the deceased, and they were all -- without exception -- complete assholes who live in states of perpetual childhood well into their late-50s.

What the hell were you expecting??  PTA presidents?  Organizers of park cleanups on Earth Day?  Winners of pie baking contests?  They're fucking addicts, metalhead aliens who live a completely surreal lifestyle.  Of course they're not active, engaged citizens concerned with the welfare of their communities.

Yada

« Reply #3016 on: August 20, 2014, 04:46:33 pm »
I've met a handful of former and current members of Gwar, including the deceased, and they were all -- without exception -- complete assholes who live in states of perpetual childhood well into their late-50s.

What the hell were you expecting??  PTA presidents?  Organizers of park cleanups on Earth Day?  Winners of pie baking contests?  They're fucking addicts, metalhead aliens who live a completely surreal lifestyle.  Of course they're not active, engaged citizens concerned with the welfare of their communities.

Julian is probably afraid to walk across the VCU campus at night.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #3017 on: August 20, 2014, 04:56:01 pm »

"I avoid VCU's campus for a completely different set of reasons, you dick!"
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #3018 on: August 20, 2014, 05:47:33 pm »

I picture Julian at UR lounging while overlooking the lake "Waiter, Jones, whatever your name is, could you kindly get me a drink and goddammit why is nobody fanning me?  Also, don't forget to walk the chihuahua...."

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #3019 on: August 20, 2014, 05:57:02 pm »

I picture Julian at UR lounging while overlooking the lake "Waiter, Jones, whatever your name is, could you kindly get me a drink and goddammit why is nobody fanning me?  Also, don't forget to walk the chihuahua...."
I don't have a dog.

I did eat on UofRs campus this week.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #3020 on: August 20, 2014, 06:09:20 pm »

I don't have a dog.

I did eat on UofRs campus this week.

Your post is eerily Atomicfronty...

« Reply #3021 on: August 20, 2014, 07:47:59 pm »
you've kinda been wearing that insult out
slack

hutch

« Reply #3022 on: August 20, 2014, 07:51:03 pm »
you've kinda been wearing that insult out

I don't think its an insult..its just that Atomicfront wrote these posts in that exact format

and I always felt he was a made up guy.....

its very clever of someone to pull the wool over everyone...

anyways, geez louise, what have you done for me lately?  ;D ;D

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #3023 on: August 21, 2014, 10:07:12 am »
go on, with your bad self, janet.

« Reply #3024 on: August 21, 2014, 11:29:36 am »
anyways, geez louise, what have you done for me lately?  ;D ;D

say it again...
slack

hutch

« Reply #3025 on: August 27, 2014, 09:22:37 am »
Bob Dylan
11-26
DAR Constitution Hall

The awful acoustics of that place just made him sound 10x worse.

yeah...i'm pissed... other cities got nice theaters..multiple night stands..we get one show in the crappiest venue....boo....i'm surely going to have to pass....i don't believe there is even an opening act..its going to be about $160 for the best seats... at DAR...unreal....at least when he played Verizon he had Mark Knopfler opening..

is this an IMP promoted show?

emmanuel

« Reply #3026 on: August 27, 2014, 09:37:43 am »
well at least this time it is not a double bill with some other guy playing as long as him.

I've never been able to see him in a theater, so it is doesn't look that bad compared to the arena shows I've seen. I guess I could also go to Philly, although I don't really need to see 3 shows in a row.

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #3027 on: August 27, 2014, 10:07:20 am »
well at least this time it is not a double bill with some other guy playing as long as him.

The one time I saw Dylan the "other guy" was Joni Mitchell.
😐 🎶

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #3028 on: August 27, 2014, 10:19:55 am »
then, dont go . . . no,body cares.

hutch

« Reply #3029 on: August 27, 2014, 12:05:33 pm »
then, dont go . . . no,body cares.

wow..what happened? is our bromance over??? a few weeks ago i get my own thread...

oh well, we'll always have paris walkie!  ;D