Author Topic: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition  (Read 1456416 times)

Relaxer

Re: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition
« Reply #4110 on: February 01, 2016, 11:39:53 am »
I love opening bands. I've gotten turned onto so many great groups by seeing them in an opening slot. And there's been times where the headliner was crappy or boring but the night was totally redeemed by a shit-hot opening band.
oword

K8teebug

« Reply #4111 on: February 03, 2016, 12:59:31 pm »
Billy Corgan annoys the shit out of me. Although I do love the 90's pumpkins. But damn if I would spend money to see them live. I just had to say that out loud.

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #4112 on: February 04, 2016, 04:03:17 pm »
Can't believe this wasn't mentioned earlier

ROCK & WORSHIP ROADSHOW
MARCH 13, 2016
Royal Farms Arena

Featuring:

Newsboys
Jeremy Camp
Mandisa
and more!

And Space should like the price for an area show $20!

Plus tithe.
😐 🎶

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #4113 on: February 04, 2016, 05:31:35 pm »
Billy Corgan annoys the shit out of me. Although I do love the 90's pumpkins. But damn if I would spend money to see them live. I just had to say that out loud.
I saw them at VFest however many years ago that was. That's all I really need from them. I was pretty whelmed.
‼‼?‼‼

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #4114 on: February 04, 2016, 05:42:10 pm »
I saw them at VFest however many years ago that was. That's all I really need from them. I was pretty whelmed.
You can try and be coy but we all realize your user name is a portmanteau of two of their songs.
LVMH

bearman🐻

« Reply #4115 on: February 04, 2016, 05:47:09 pm »
Back in the day the Pumpkins were a pretty great live band, but they were notoriously hit or miss and most of this was because of Baby Billy Corgan and what kind of mood he'd be in. I've seen his tantrums and it doesn't make for a fun time. I saw the Oceania: Live in NYC DVD and it was pretty okay. I'm glad Jimmy Chamberlin is back. But the only lineup in person I've ever seen is the original 4, and I'm good with that. I'm not interested in hearing any more new music of theirs, and I wouldn't shell out big bucks to see them again. If someone gave me a free ticket, I'd go. I think the Lincoln show has the potential to be cool, especially with Liz Phair opening. I'll be curious to hear how it is.

hutch

« Reply #4116 on: February 04, 2016, 05:48:44 pm »
yleah that reminds me i also saw the pumpkins at lolla 95... and corgan was trumptruming about people throwing water bottles at them ... but he was right...

the beasties owned everyone i saw that day though...

« Reply #4117 on: February 04, 2016, 05:49:47 pm »
Back in the day the Pumpkins were a pretty great live band, but they were notoriously hit or miss and most of this was because of Baby Billy Corgan and what kind of mood he'd be in. I've seen his tantrums and it doesn't make for a fun time. I saw the Oceania: Live in NYC DVD and it was pretty okay. I'm glad Jimmy Chamberlin is back. But the only lineup in person I've ever seen is the original 4, and I'm good with that. I'm not interested in hearing any more new music of theirs, and I wouldn't shell out big bucks to see them again. If someone gave me a free ticket, I'd go. I think the Lincoln show has the potential to be cool, especially with Liz Phair opening. I'll be curious to hear how it is.
They are definitely hit or miss. When he is in the right mood they're unbelievable. Even with the replacement members: those Asheville 2007 shows are some of the best I've ever seen by them. But when he's pissy or decides he doesn't want to play any hits, the thing falls apart.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #4118 on: February 04, 2016, 05:49:50 pm »

i'm just hoping Liz and Billy get it on.. and then Liz can be Yoko Ono and Billy can be Yoko Ono and it will be great.

medeski7

« Reply #4119 on: February 09, 2016, 01:40:22 pm »
Dead and Co. presale code - 412800

bob72

« Reply #4120 on: February 09, 2016, 03:13:58 pm »

i'm just hoping Liz and Billy get it on..

Same here. I am shelling out for the VIP. I'm afraid I'm setting myself up for disappointment

Though I may go ahead and ask him about Courtney Love during that Q & A lol
PENIS

« Reply #4121 on: February 09, 2016, 03:19:51 pm »

i'm just hoping Liz and Billy get it on..

Same here. I am shelling out for the VIP. I'm afraid I'm setting myself up for disappointment

Though I may go ahead and ask him about Courtney Love during that Q & A lol
I've done the SP VIP thing and its not worth. I didn't even pay for it and I thought it was a waste just of my time. He will play 2-3 songs and at best one of them will be pre-2007. He will not answer any questions of substance. He will not let anyone shake his hand, get photos, etc.
LVMH

bob72

« Reply #4122 on: February 09, 2016, 03:27:06 pm »

I've done the SP VIP thing and its not worth. I didn't even pay for it and I thought it was a waste just of my time. He will play 2-3 songs and at best one of them will be pre-2007. He will not answer any questions of substance. He will not let anyone shake his hand, get photos, etc.
Yeah, I would kind of expect that. for me it's kind of a bucket list thing. In the 25+ years I've been following them I've never once seen them live despite growing up with them in Chicago.
PENIS

« Reply #4123 on: February 09, 2016, 03:43:23 pm »
In the 25+ years I've been following them I've never once seen them live despite growing up with them in Chicago.
with them...do tell
slack

Relaxer

« Reply #4124 on: February 09, 2016, 03:49:14 pm »
I think he means it in the way that someone who was raised in DC grew up with the Washington Bullets
oword