Author Topic: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition  (Read 1455285 times)

Re: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition
« Reply #4185 on: February 23, 2016, 09:43:00 pm »
So it's safe to say my kids are sidehatchlings
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #4186 on: February 24, 2016, 02:13:04 pm »
^ that's some decent comedy right there.
<sig>

shemptiness

« Reply #4187 on: February 25, 2016, 05:25:10 pm »
I want to like this band because they are from Baltimore, but they are so f'ing pretentious and their music is SO BORING. Ugh.

Well, she IS from France.

bearman🐻

« Reply #4188 on: February 25, 2016, 05:57:25 pm »
I want to like this band because they are from Baltimore, but they are so f'ing pretentious and their music is SO BORING. Ugh.

So is AIR, and they make mellow music that is far from boring. Go see them live and their bass grooves are positively psychedelic. Beach House is fine, but they make music for people who think they've just met their soul mates. When I saw them in concert I thought their name should have been Narcolepsy. Gimme the Red House Painters any day.

hutch

« Reply #4189 on: February 25, 2016, 05:59:58 pm »
where is Atomic when you need him....

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #4190 on: February 29, 2016, 11:11:39 pm »

;D ;D ;D.. we need a head exploding emoticon cause that is the way I feel..

There was never any doubt in my mind..... Seth knows full well that Ace is the greatest guitarist of all time....there's a reason he doesn't live in twinbrook....he knows Ace is the guitar that stirs the rock and roll drink... the axe magician...the six string gunslinger... "el guitarrero con el cohete musical en el pantalon!"....the man that every band that plays the 930 club grew up worshipping...

I do think the Hey Seth thread is like magic sometimes....

i can't decide which is the greater delusion: that you think your posting on hey Seth made this happen; or that you think freely is regarded as a guitar god by every band that plays the 930 club.  he doesn't even crack the top-25 list.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 11:14:02 pm by sweetcell »
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #4191 on: February 29, 2016, 11:14:07 pm »

There was never any doubt in my mind..... Seth knows full well that Ace is the greatest guitarist of all time....there's a reason he doesn't live in twinbrook....he knows Ace is the guitar that stirs the rock and roll drink... the axe magician...the six string gunslinger... "el guitarrero con el cohete musical en el pantalon!"....the man that every band that plays the 930 club grew up worshipping...

i can't decide which is the greater delusion: that you think your posting on hey Seth made this happen; or that you think freely is regarded as a guitar god by every band that plays the 930 club.

your negativity regarding anything I post is a TAD predictable.... really dude, lighten up.

hutch

« Reply #4192 on: February 29, 2016, 11:15:47 pm »

i can't decide which is the greater delusion: that you think your posting on hey Seth made this happen; or that you think freely is regarded as a guitar god by every band that plays the 930 club.  he doesn't even crack the top-25 list.

and the name is FREHLEY.

K8teebug

« Reply #4193 on: March 01, 2016, 08:14:46 am »

So is AIR, and they make mellow music that is far from boring. Go see them live and their bass grooves are positively psychedelic. Beach House is fine, but they make music for people who think they've just met their soul mates. When I saw them in concert I thought their name should have been Narcolepsy. Gimme the Red House Painters any day.

I saw Air at Coachella and it was maybe one of the coolest things ever. I was so surprised at how GOOD they were live. I do also really like them.

Space Freely

« Reply #4194 on: March 01, 2016, 09:29:40 am »

and the name is FREHLEY.

Whatever you say, brah.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #4195 on: March 01, 2016, 09:32:09 am »

i can't decide which is the greater delusion: that you think your posting on hey Seth made this happen; or that you think freely is regarded as a guitar god by every band that plays the 930 club.

your negativity regarding anything I post is a TAD predictable....

stop predictably posting hyperbolic crap, and i'll do my part.

i'm happy for you that one of your heroes is going to play the club.  i hope it's a great show, i hope you rock out, i hope it's a top-10-concerts-of-the-year for you.

but to say that every band playing at the club worships him - hell, just to call him a guitar god - is ludicrous.  you have a right to say whatever you want.  and i have a right to call you out for how moronic it is.  freedom is a beautiful thing.
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #4196 on: March 01, 2016, 09:32:41 am »

and the name is FREHLEY.

Whatever you say, brah.

see?!?  i blame my typo on Space!
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #4197 on: March 01, 2016, 09:50:47 am »

your negativity regarding anything I post is a TAD predictable....

stop predictably posting hyperbolic crap, and i'll do my part.

i'm happy for you that one of your heroes is going to play the club.  i hope it's a great show, i hope you rock out, i hope it's a top-10-concerts-of-the-year for you.

but to say that every band playing at the club worships him - hell, just to call him a guitar god - is ludicrous.  you have a right to say whatever you want.  and i have a right to call you out for how moronic it is.  freedom is a beautiful thing.

you're such a buzzkill.. obviously i was having a bit of fun.. the joke was lost on you evidently! MORON!

having said that, Ace is the most important guitarist who will have ever played the 930 stage... that is just fact and if you can't see it I feel sorry for you! only Chuck Berry comes close...

;D

hutch

« Reply #4198 on: March 01, 2016, 09:51:35 am »
Dimebag Darrell: To be honest, I?m not one who tries to claim a bunch of influences. I?m not jazz this or classical that. As far as classical goes, Randy Rhoads was as far as that got. He was a big influence and so was Eddie Van Halen ? he still is. I?m hardly influenced anymore because I listen mostly to my old records. But off their old stuff, Michael Schenker and even Angus Young were influences. But I?d have to say that Ace Frehley was probably my biggest influence. Just the whole image, and especially that vibrato he?s got [mimics ?wowwowwow? vibrato sound!]. That was actually the reason I started playing guitar, by the way. I dressed up like him, got a fake Les Paul, skipped school to play in front of the mirror, then went from there.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #4199 on: March 01, 2016, 09:51:49 am »

So is AIR, and they make mellow music that is far from boring. Go see them live and their bass grooves are positively psychedelic.
Air at 9:30 in April 2004 remains a top 3 concert at the club to me to this day. I will not, however, claim every band who comes to the Club worships them.
LVMH