Author Topic: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition  (Read 1456568 times)

hutch

Re: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition
« Reply #4200 on: March 01, 2016, 09:52:46 am »
Mike McCready: I loved Alive!. ?Black Diamond? blew my mind. Ace Frehley came onstage and did it with us at Madison Square Garden a few years ago, which was a total high watermark in my life. When I was 13, I never thought in a million years that I would even talk to him; I?d probably pass out. And here I am playing with him!

Ace was their firecracker, their dynamite. He?s what took them over the top with the feel he put into his leads. I really gravitated towards his vibrato. My lead for ?Alive? is based on ?She,? and that?s based on ?Five to One? by the Doors. I remember we were in Surrey, England. I thought about it like, ?I?m going to approach this like Ace did on ?She.'?

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #4201 on: March 01, 2016, 09:54:03 am »
most important ... that is just fact
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #4202 on: March 01, 2016, 09:54:46 am »
Rivers Cuomo:
?We were all about six or seven years old. And when we heard ?Makin? Love? or ?I Want You? off that record, we just lost our minds. The guitar was so exciting! I remember we?d all just run around the room in circles, playing air guitar and jumping off the furniture.?

« Reply #4203 on: March 01, 2016, 09:55:59 am »
I, for one, look forward to Hutch proving his point by quoting literally every artist who has ever played at the Club.
LVMH

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #4204 on: March 01, 2016, 09:57:50 am »
having said that, Ace is the most important guitarist who will have ever played the 930 stage... that is just fact and if you can't see it I feel sorry for you! only Chuck Berry comes close...

Wait.  Didn't Kaki King play the club a few years back?

hutch

« Reply #4205 on: March 01, 2016, 10:01:33 am »
I, for one, look forward to Hutch proving his point by quoting literally every artist who has ever played at the Club.

I dont think I have time...

so many bands..without ACE ZILCH NOTHING NADA

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #4206 on: March 01, 2016, 10:03:11 am »
Q:  Who are your current favourite bands?

Ace Frehely:  As far as the newer groups in the past few years I like Pearl Jam I like Rage Against The Machine, I think that guitar player is one of the few new guitar players that has some innovative style with his playing. This group Verb Pipe that we've brought over with us, they're a good band, I think they could go places.

Verb Pipe.

« Reply #4207 on: March 01, 2016, 10:04:08 am »
The more I think about it, you're right. Hendrix, Page, Gilmour, Clapton, Blackmore, Tony Iommi, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Slash. . . heck, none of them even pick up an ax had it not been for ACE.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #4208 on: March 01, 2016, 10:07:51 am »
The more I think about it, you're right. Hendrix, Page, Gilmour, Clapton, Blackmore, Tony Iommi, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Slash. . . heck, none of them even pick up an ax had it not been for ACE.

buah ha ha people born before Ace?? That is hard even for Ace!

But Slash..DEFINITELY

Steven Adler: I had this guitar and a little amplifier that I was learning to play, and one day I just showed it to Slash. I knew two chords and two scales, and I tried to play along to KISS Alive, strike all the Ace Frehley positions, man! Well Slash just fell in love with that guitar. I gave it to him, and within a week he was writing songs.

(btw Slash will be on Ace's new album paying tribute to the man, the myth the legend FREHLEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYY and playing with his idol...)

hutch

hutch

« Reply #4210 on: March 01, 2016, 10:17:58 am »
Paul Gilbert: ?When I was younger I had the first two discs KISS Live, Alive! and Alive II and I loved those records solos, his vibrato is so good, it?s great and natural. In ?Shock Me? (playing a snippet of the song and a fragment of solo guitar and humming ?) and some of my students can not do, work at it but it costs them enough. All my live refining process is based on this technique using Ace Frehley very very good. I love those two albums. I love Ace! ?

hutch

« Reply #4211 on: March 01, 2016, 10:21:05 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaRc3PVSmMw

THE END!!!!!! I WIN!!!!!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D

killsaly

« Reply #4212 on: March 01, 2016, 11:33:41 am »
/
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 11:35:40 am by killsaly »

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #4213 on: March 01, 2016, 11:36:58 am »
Pretty sure NKOTB has exploded over the Ace news as well..
T.Rex

Yada

« Reply #4214 on: March 01, 2016, 11:37:50 am »
kiss is trash.

you seem to have a lot of regrets lately.