Author Topic: Early entrance at the Backbar now?  (Read 3357 times)

gaaaaaaaaah

Early entrance at the Backbar now?
« on: April 26, 2011, 02:31:06 am »
Saw this on the Club's facebook page today. The National does this with their restaurant next door and it made for a real confusing scene waiting out front before the sold out Wilco show last year. I wonder how this will go down next time there's a huge sell out show at the Club.

hutch

Re: Early entrance at the Backbar now?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 07:19:25 am »
seems a bit mercenary to me..

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 11:26:11 am »
I always had a beer in Polly's then Velvet Lounge before a show...Don't know if those two places are still open. Towards the end of my tenure in DC I skipped Pollys because the bar staff started to get some major attitude issues.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 12:16:54 pm »
I always had a beer in Polly's then Velvet Lounge before a show...Don't know if those two places are still open. Towards the end of my tenure in DC I skipped Pollys because the bar staff started to get some major attitude issues.

Polly's is gone, one of the worst smelling "restaurants" i've ever been in
(o|o)

thirsty moore

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 12:23:19 pm »
Polly's turned into an expensive dump. I also recognized the attitude. Not sure what is up with Polly's but it has been renamed.

manayer

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2011, 01:45:28 pm »
might try this tonight as opposed to waiting out in the thunderstorms headed our way

MonkeyPants

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2011, 03:39:48 pm »
Saw this on the Club's facebook page today. The National does this with their restaurant next door and it made for a real confusing scene waiting out front before the sold out Wilco show last year. I wonder how this will go down next time there's a huge sell out show at the Club.

Since the club has had many sold out shows since they announced this, I'm wondering if anyone can provide any feedback on how this has gone.  I was especially curious if they did this for Adele last week.
PANTS

MonkeyPants

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2011, 02:43:54 pm »
anyone?
PANTS

vansmack

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2011, 02:45:34 pm »
Duffys.
27>34

Relaxer

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2011, 03:04:47 pm »
Does this thread title make anyone else feel kinda horny?
I know I don't! NO MEANS NO
f5 f5 f5
oword

Relaxer

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2011, 03:06:32 pm »
My wife: I'd say 'early exit' would be a more appropriate title for you [locks herself in bathroom and talks to sister for an hour]
oword

walkonby

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2011, 03:18:50 pm »
and here . . . i thought i was odd.

MonkeyPants

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2012, 02:58:52 pm »
I'm bumping this up to the top to see if anyone can provide any tips. I only tried to do it once, for a sold out show and the Backbar was full by the time I got there.

Is there a separate line for the backbar? Do they just tell epople at the front of the line in front of the club that they can go to the backbar? I need to know if I should get there more than an hour before doors to get into the backbar.

Any help would be much appreciated!
PANTS

Yada

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2012, 03:29:51 pm »

Polly's is gone, one of the worst smelling "restaurants" i've ever been in

AHAHHAHAH, seriously... that place was fucking disgusting.

Confession: I threw up on the side of that bar in probably 02' or so, so I may have played a part in the stench of that place.