Author Topic: The Summer Vacation Thread  (Read 26060 times)

ggw

The Summer Vacation Thread
« on: April 27, 2011, 10:02:01 am »
Has anyone been to the Oregon coast (specifically Cannon Beach, Manzanita, Rockaway Beach)?

How about the San Juan Islands?

James Ford

Re: The Summer Vacation Thread
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 10:06:08 am »
I drove the Oregon Coast many years ago, but don't remember specifically where I went. Sorry.

Our summer vacation this year consists of a week in Oregon (Portland/Mt Hood area/Bend area) followed by Labor Day weekend in Seattle (Bumbershoot Festival).

If my wife had her way, every vacation would be spend in the cabin we stayed in last year in St. John.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 10:16:43 am »
You'd hate it mate....place is overrun with smelly tree-hugging hippies!

walkonby

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 10:41:32 am »

and lesbians.  lesbians love oregon.

walkonby

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 10:42:02 am »
I drove the Oregon Coast many years ago, but don't remember specifically where I went. Sorry.

Our summer vacation this year consists of a week in Oregon (Portland/Mt Hood area/Bend area) followed by Labor Day weekend in Seattle (Bumbershoot Festival).

If my wife had her way, every vacation would be spend in the cabin we stayed in last year in St. John.

you forgot to say fook somewhere.  you are now required to say fook all the time, until it gets old.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 10:44:13 am »

and lesbians.  lesbians love oregon.

There's an innuendo going begging there....but I just can't think of one.

Relaxer

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2011, 10:58:37 am »
Oh the Oregon coast is the summer is so dreamy. Sitting in the sand wearing your best beach parka, sippin on hot chocolate and feeling the wind freezing your hair. And the best part is that when the fog lifts, you can see the fog.
oword

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2011, 11:12:27 am »
i was at cannon beach several years ago on a day trip while visting portland.  not sure i could help you much, we mostly went to just sit on the beach.  i bought a nice stunt-kite at a neato kite shop.

summer vay-cay for me this year is 2 weeks camping in quetico (aka the boundary waters).  canoing, camping, hiking, fishing for dinner, doing nothing - aaaaaaaaaahhh...
<sig>

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2011, 12:04:00 pm »
No summer vacation for me.  I'm saving my leave for.....

Two weeks in October.  When I'll be getting married in the Outer Banks.  Spending a week there with my best friends in a ridiculously lavish house for a beach wedding and pool party/barbeque reception.  Then the next day I'm off to Tulum for a week.

vansmack

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2011, 01:53:47 pm »
Has anyone been to the Oregon coast (specifically Cannon Beach, Manzanita, Rockaway Beach)?

I'm dating a girl who grew up there.  I'm happy to ask her any questions you may have...

Been there a couple times.  Lovely scenery, nice ferry ride.  I felt a little isolated though and the night life is very limited.  Great place to disappear to though.
27>34

godsshoeshine

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2011, 02:51:24 pm »
obx with the family. relax city
o/\o

James Ford

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2011, 02:56:11 pm »
If your kid is to the point of walking, you're not really going to be doing much relaxing.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2011, 03:01:15 pm »

I'm dating a girl who grew up there.  I'm happy to ask her any questions you may have...

Been there a couple times.  Lovely scenery, nice ferry ride.  I felt a little isolated though and the night life is very limited.  Great place to disappear to though.

If she's dating you I have a question for her.....does she know what she's got herself in to?

Relaxer

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2011, 03:04:36 pm »
If your kid is to the point of walking, you're not really going to be doing much relaxing.

That's the beauty of the beach. I just finished a vacation in the worst state in the country - Floriduhhhh - and actually enjoyed myself at times because the kids played in the sand and I could sit in a chair wearing dark glasses and look at the ladyfolk. There was a point where I barely moved and didn't say a word for 82 minutes. And then my wife came down, thanked me for being in charge and asked if I wanted to go running or something "for yourself".
oword

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2011, 03:15:55 pm »
once hey know their limitations where the ocean is concerned and not to eat sand, going to the beach with kids is beyond awesome.  It's pretty awesome before that, too.