Author Topic: The Summer Vacation Thread  (Read 26059 times)

Relaxer

Re: The Summer Vacation Thread
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2011, 03:17:06 pm »
It's pretty awesome before that, too.

You mean the intercourse? Yeah that was rad!
oword

James Ford

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2011, 03:18:01 pm »
One of the plusses of having one kid is I can still afford to go on vacation. One of the minuses is that I can't sit there while my kids play...I have to be the second kid. (or in the case of my creative daughter...the other doggie, or Diego's sidekick, or Dora's sidekick, or the sidekick of whoever she is pretending to be.)

I am going to South Beach Miami in August for a work conference. Not sure how pleasant that's going to be. Word is that office budget issues may prevent travel to same conference next August...when it's in San Diego. That sucks.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2011, 03:32:10 pm »
If your kid is to the point of walking, you're not really going to be doing much relaxing.

obx with the family. relax city
that's what grandparents are for
o/\o

Relaxer

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2011, 03:32:14 pm »
How come you only had one kid? I mean, I'm JEALOUS AS SHIT but am curious about why people just have the one. My wife was pretty insistent on having a second, and I wasn't turning down frequent nuts so ~poof~ second kid. And now I'm back to hanging out in gas station bathrooms.
oword

James Ford

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2011, 03:42:21 pm »
My mom can't swim, so i wouldn't trust her with my daughter on a beach.

The in-laws live in Indiana. The Indiana dunes aren't the outter banks.

If your kid is to the point of walking, you're not really going to be doing much relaxing.

that's what grandparents are for

James Ford

« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2011, 03:45:22 pm »
Hell, I was lucky to get my wife to have sex with me once. Twice? not a chance.

Actually, one kid was our plan from the beginning (mutual idea) and we've stuck to it.  The fact that the first one was so perfect just added to the argument not to have a second.

How come you only had one kid? I mean, I'm JEALOUS AS SHIT but am curious about why people just have the one. My wife was pretty insistent on having a second, and I wasn't turning down frequent nuts so ~poof~ second kid. And now I'm back to hanging out in gas station bathrooms.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2011, 03:48:00 pm »
sorry your parents and in-laws have subpar watching-kids-in-a-specific-location skills
o/\o

James Ford

« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2011, 03:51:59 pm »
And unlike the rest of my peers, they didn't pay for the damn down payment on my house. Useless they are, let me tell you.

sorry your parents and in-laws have subpar watching-kids-in-a-specific-location skills

godsshoeshine

« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2011, 03:54:31 pm »
neither did mine, but they're money at watching kids
o/\o

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2011, 03:58:23 pm »
One of the plusses of having one kid is I can still afford to go on vacation. One of the minuses is that I can't sit there while my kids play...I have to be the second kid. (or in the case of my creative daughter...the other doggie, or Diego's sidekick, or Dora's sidekick, or the sidekick of whoever she is pretending to be.)

I am going to South Beach Miami in August for a work conference. Not sure how pleasant that's going to be. Word is that office budget issues may prevent travel to same conference next August...when it's in San Diego. That sucks.

UGH! Good luck with that south beach trip. Miami is a third world country shithole that probably has goats and chickens running through the streets by now. If you want to get around may I suggest you polish up on your Spanish because it's not the primary language down there....it's the ONLY language down there.

vansmack

« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2011, 04:40:53 pm »
Hell, I was lucky to get my wife to have sex with me once.

Something even I have not managed to accomplish despite offering myself to your wife many times...
27>34

nkotb

« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2011, 04:45:45 pm »
Yeah, our first beach weekend is coming up next month with a perfectly mobile kid.  Should be fun and not at all relaxing.

lily1

« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2011, 01:05:25 pm »
i  am also going to portland oregon! headed there in june for 5 days. a couple days in portland and then off towards the coast.

and i'm supposed to be going to puerto rico in a couple weeks but thus far have managed to make no arrangements whatsoever. a couple days in san juan and then i guess i'll tool around the rest of the island. any rec's from anyone? i dont know how to scuba, windsurf or kitesurf so that's off the table and i'll be going alone.

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2011, 01:12:28 pm »
Lily, a lot of these tourist places have lessons for beginners where they teach you and take you out to something simple. You might want to consider some snorkeling. Super easy and very relaxing. But make sure you go with a group and not alone. Will be safer for you. Just don't forget to load up on the sunscreen on your back. Think they probably still have a tour of the Bicardi plant and some old sugar plantation or castle. Should be in all the brochures and the concierge should be able to set you up with some group tour. There's probably a couple group party outings on boats. Those things are big in the Caribbean and can be fun with the right group of people, assuming the weather is with you.

vansmack

« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2011, 01:18:57 pm »
I got my scuba license in the Cayman's after about 45 minutes in the pool and a 50 foot wall/shelf dive.  It think it was $75 for a half day of lessons/diving.

Not saying it was the safest thing, but things are just a little down there...
27>34