Author Topic: Identity, the ?first-ever touring electronic only music festival?  (Read 11048 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: Identity, the ?first-ever touring electronic only music festival?
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2011, 07:23:19 pm »
Thursday August 18: Washington DC
<sig>

betao

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2011, 02:32:15 am »
Plastikman live is arguably one of the greatest electronic acts I've ever seen.

Staralfur25

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2011, 02:57:34 am »
where would that show be at in d.c.?
i was really wishing it would be at merriweather. i loooooooooove that place.
oh well.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2011, 08:24:36 am »
venues haven't been released, only cities.

who says it won't be at MPP?  i've seen more than one "washington dc" show at MPP.

if it is in the district proper, i wonder where they would hold this.  dc armory?  a university arena?  outdoors would be preferable, something like bull run, but not sure where they could do this inside the district.  RFK is too big - maybe a university football stadium? 
<sig>

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2011, 09:10:50 am »
If it's a "traveling festival" I'd aim for MPP, I don't see how they couldn't get a good crowd with this line-up. There's something for everyone in every spectrum of dance music.
‼‼?‼‼

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2011, 09:15:29 am »
well...the obvious place for this, in terms of ambience & location...

Jiffy Lube Live!

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2011, 09:19:53 am »
right, but the question is how many people are that into dance music that they're willing to pay & trek out to this thing.

also, the "something for everyone in every spectrum" isn't always such a great approach.  it means that the two or three acts you're really into are diluted by a whole lotta crap.  and as a EDM fan it pains me to say this, but crappy dance music is way worse than crappy rock music.

Jiffy Lube Live!

wow.  hater.

but seriously, if the show is in bristow i predict a very low turnout.  people go to JLL despite the venue.  i don't think this "festival" has the pull to overcome how crappy that venue is.
<sig>

azaghal1981

« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2011, 10:25:14 pm »
I figured this reeked of a TM/LN production.
احمد

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2011, 01:32:47 pm »
right, but the question is how many people are that into dance music that they're willing to pay & trek out to this thing.

also, the "something for everyone in every spectrum" isn't always such a great approach.  it means that the two or three acts you're really into are diluted by a whole lotta crap.  and as a EDM fan it pains me to say this, but crappy dance music is way worse than crappy rock music.

Jiffy Lube Live!

wow.  hater.

but seriously, if the show is in bristow i predict a very low turnout.  people go to JLL despite the venue.  i don't think this "festival" has the pull to overcome how crappy that venue is.
Starscape Festical sold out last year at Fort Armistead Park in Baltimore. That's a mostly DNB/Trance/Dubstep festival. I wanna say it was around 14-15 thousand people? And still huge crowds trying to get in. With pop music going the way it is and the mainstreaming of other electronic acts the music is only getting more and more popular. I think there would be a lot of people who WOULD go to this festival. On the other hand, Rusko isn't as popular as Nickelback, so I hear that, but we'll see where it ends up at.
‼‼?‼‼

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2011, 02:28:47 pm »

Jiffy Lube Live!

wow.  hater.

If my Seth-lator is working properly, I think he means that he would book it at MPP if he could.
😐 🎶

slappy

« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2011, 05:41:06 pm »
Starscape Festical sold out last year at Fort Armistead Park in Baltimore. That's a mostly DNB/Trance/Dubstep festival. I wanna say it was around 14-15 thousand people? And still huge crowds trying to get in. With pop music going the way it is and the mainstreaming of other electronic acts the music is only getting more and more popular. I think there would be a lot of people who WOULD go to this festival. On the other hand, Rusko isn't as popular as Nickelback, so I hear that, but we'll see where it ends up at.

Yeah, but Starscape is an annual event for something like 13 years growing outta the underground.  It's got the history and character. It can go all night into the morning. Most sheds have curfews.
Plus, let's face it this is much better...

Than this....

killsaly

« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2011, 09:51:33 pm »
Is Starscape still like this?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2011, 10:47:53 pm »
Ain't nothing cutting edge about Pretty Lights, The Disco Biscuits or Rusko's brand of brostep.

<sig>

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
‼‼?‼‼

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2011, 09:48:12 am »
sucks that some princess had to give up her 4-poster bed for the weekend - sheets and all :(
<sig>