Author Topic: Identity, the ?first-ever touring electronic only music festival?  (Read 11050 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: Identity, the ?first-ever touring electronic only music festival?
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2011, 06:45:52 pm »
TOP 10 IDENTITY FAQs
Hey guys, we noticed a lot of you have had some questions regarding IDENTITY.  We still have a lot of info that we'll be releasing to you in the next couple weeks, but we wanted to address some of the top questions everyone seems to have:

Q: What happened to the Chicago date?
A: The Chicago date has been moved to a nearby city.  The NEW city announcement will come sometime this week, stay tuned!

Q: Are there any age restrictions?
A: IDENTITY will be ALL AGES (16+) with 21+ bar areas.

Q: When will the venues be announced?
A: On Thursday, May 12 all cities and their venues will be announced.

Q: When will artist lineups be announced for my city?
A: May 17th, we will announce all information on which artists are playing which dates, including some artists who haven?t been announced! There will be AT LEAST 20 artists in each city!

Q: When will ticket information be announced?
A: May 17th Ticket Announcement! Different types of tickets will be available including VIP packages.

Q: When do tickets go on sale? How much will they be?
A: Early Bird discounted tickets go on sale next Friday, May 20th. Get them while you can!

Q: What time will each artist be playing?
A: As each date gets closer, set times will be posted on each show page on the official website www.IDFestival.com

Q: What will I be allowed to bring into the venue?
A: A lot of you have asked what?s allowed in. On each show page we will list what you can bring in to the show.

Q: Will there be any afterparties?
A: Afterparties? Yes that?s right we are working on Official Identity after parties for each show.  Stay tuned to www.IDFestival.com for information on the after party in your city!

Q: What do I do if I still have a question?
A: We are a new festival and we want to hear from you!  If you have any ideas, questions or comments keep them coming, we will get to them as soon as we can.

Thank you for your support and stay tuned for another message from us this Thursday!
<sig>

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2011, 07:38:57 pm »
TOP 10 IDENTITY FAQs

Q: Are there any age restrictions?
A: IDENTITY will be ALL AGES (16+) with 21+ bar areas.

So is it "all ages" or "16+"?
😐 🎶

betao

« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2011, 07:58:52 pm »
I lol'd at that.

betao

« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2011, 08:11:10 pm »
Also, the mere fact that the site has Kaskade, Pretty Lights, Rusko, and Steve Aoki billed over DJ Shadow makes a point about who they're trying to market this thing to. Pass.

Unless they announce Plastikman live. Then holy shit.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2011, 11:35:18 pm »
Also, the mere fact that the site has Kaskade, Pretty Lights, Rusko, and Steve Aoki billed over DJ Shadow makes a point about who they're trying to market this thing to. Pass.

agreed, but if they billed shadow first they wouldn't be booking the same size venues.  dj shadow can barely sell out the 1,200 person 930 club... all those other cheeseballs bring in the masses   ::)
<sig>

betao

« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2011, 11:53:13 pm »
I know, that's the unfortunate part :(

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2011, 12:51:30 am »

they are still claiming "more to be announced", so there is hope :)

i'm not up on my club-crap, but are any of those names headliners that can top a festival?  is kaskade really that big?
<sig>

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2011, 01:20:37 pm »

There mere fact that these people have sold out giant venues across the globe.

That little, mere fact.

I'm not saying DJ Shadow doesn't deserve to be billed higher, I fucking love DJ Shadow, but cmon.
‼‼?‼‼

Christine Moritz

« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2011, 04:20:12 pm »
Edit2: kind of sad to see DJ Shadow so low on that bill.

Agreed.

:(

Christine Moritz

« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2011, 04:23:52 pm »
The size of venues that people play at in other countries doesn't necessarily translate to the size of venues they play in the U.S.

Maybe my perspective is skewed, but I would've thought that DJ Shadow is bigger than Kaskade, Pretty Lights, and Rusko both in the U.S. and abroad.

Christine Moritz

« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2011, 04:26:06 pm »
Starscape Festical sold out last year at Fort Armistead Park in Baltimore. That's a mostly DNB/Trance/Dubstep festival. I wanna say it was around 14-15 thousand people? And still huge crowds trying to get in. With pop music going the way it is and the mainstreaming of other electronic acts the music is only getting more and more popular.

True... but Starscape is a good bit cheaper than I imagine the Identity festival is going to be, and has fewer big names.

EDITED TO ADD:  Although looking at the Starscape site (http://www.starscapefestival.com/mainstage.cfm), they have some names that are perhaps bigger than I expected: Bassnectar, Lotus, Infected Mushroom, Rabbit in the Moon, Daedelus [sic], and Identity overlapper Steve Aoki.  And it's $75!!!  Somehow I thought Starscape was waaaaaay less expensive.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 04:45:52 pm by Christine Moritz »

betao

« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2011, 04:30:06 pm »

they are still claiming "more to be announced", so there is hope :)

i'm not up on my club-crap, but are any of those names headliners that can top a festival?  is kaskade really that big?

None of them can top a festival like Ultra or Coachella, but I guess given the "type" of acts that are being booked, those are fine. I mean, alot of them appeal to same demographic, so I can see this thing selling pretty well with what they have going for them.

Plastikman would be an expensive ad but well worth the price of admission alone. It wouldnt blend well though.

betao

« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2011, 04:36:30 pm »

That little, mere fact.

I'm not saying DJ Shadow doesn't deserve to be billed higher, I fucking love DJ Shadow, but cmon.

Note how I said "That's the unfortunate part"

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2011, 06:22:42 pm »
personally i'd rather see Carl Craig, Model 500 or Aux 88 live than Plastikman...
T.Rex

betao

« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2011, 10:53:19 pm »
I'd love to see all of them too, but Hawtin's Plastikman performance was out of the world at Coachella. I have to see that again.