Author Topic: Multiple men's fashion fails  (Read 16754 times)

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
Re: Multiple men's fashion fails
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2011, 11:12:05 am »
Real men don't sit cross-legged...but then again, look at who they are.

Are you saying that Hilary is a 'real man'?

Relaxer

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2011, 11:31:26 am »

It looks like Hillary's hips are trying to steal that general's wallet.
oword

Jaguar

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2011, 11:33:00 am »
They do look rather chummy. A little too close for comfort; at least, for him.

Glad you brought the photo over to this page for easy reference.

Relaxer

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2011, 11:44:37 am »

WASHINGTON (AP) ? Vice President Joe Biden shocked both the fashion and political word this morning when he revealed that he wears a full-body black sock at all times including while washing his body.

"Funtional and sassy? Where do I sign up!" Biden said, presenting the second declaration as a statement rather than a question. When asked if he also hoped to bring back formal headwear, the vice president had breakfast.

Of cereal with milk, and nothing else.
oword

ggw

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2011, 12:08:15 pm »

Jaguar

« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2011, 12:35:33 pm »

Second guy from the left in front has his iPad. Hipster guy in the back has his iPhone. Biden has his iHop.

Jaguar

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2011, 12:39:53 pm »

TV's lastest Reality show! "The White House: After Dark"

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2011, 12:40:19 pm »
Real men don't sit cross-legged...but then again, look at who they are.

Are you saying that Hilary is a 'real man'?

More of a man than everyone but Pannera evidently...hmmmm I just decided where I'm going for lunch.

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2011, 01:18:27 pm »

Is it the brah in the back with his arms crossed?

Brian

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2011, 01:35:21 pm »
Second, where did this "rule" about your hosiery matching your trousers come from?

Came from my father, and his father, and his father, et fucking al.

http://www.gq.com/style/style-guy/accessories/200010/sock-slack-matching#ixzz1LDYCWqy4

Accessories

Matching socks with shoes and slacks

There seems to be an ongoing debate about whether socks should match shoes or slacks. I believe GQ has said socks should match slacks, but does that apply only to certain color combinations? I wear khakis and black shoes with tan socks. My friends say the socks should be black to match the shoes. Please advise.

My advice is, never listen to your friends. If you?re going for a very formal look, you should wear black socks with a black suit, navy with navy. If you like, you can match your socks with your trousers, as you?re doing. But matching socks with your shoes isn?t such a smooth move. It will make your beautiful, expensive shoes more invisible, or you?ll look as if you have bootees on. But socks can also go their own way. If you?re going sporty, you might have them reflect the color of your shirt or sweater. Or you can feature independent socks, like argyles, as long as they?re part of the same spectrum as the rest of your gear. If you?re wearing a suit, the socks could reflect the color of your tie or pocket square. Or they could be another color altogether, as long as it matches the rest of your look in tonality and subtlety. There?s no reason at all that socks should be a solid block of color. Among my favorites are my navy socks with small white polka dots, a pair of brown herringbone socks and some black socks with small red Devil heads on them. They add a little spark when I?m wearing my black suit and a black shirt. At least I won?t be mistaken for a priest.

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2011, 01:39:11 pm »
http://www.menswearhouse.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ContentAttachmentView_-1_10601_10051__10715_10709_DoDontAccessories.html

Do match your socks to your slacks.
Instead of matching your socks to your shoes, you should match your socks to your slacks, which extends the visual line of your leg. For example, if you?re wearing tan dress pants with black shoes, opt for tan or beige dress socks instead of black ones.

Basically do a search for "socks match the slacks" and get back to me.

Jaguar

« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2011, 01:48:04 pm »
^ For the most part and sticking to a very general rule of thumb, I would agree with this theory UNLESS one is wearing short boots. In that case, you want to expand the visual line of the boot rather than the pants.

ggw

« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2011, 01:49:47 pm »
Well if this guy says so...

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2011, 01:51:47 pm »

Jesus.  You take your fashion advice from GQ and Men's f*cking WEARHOUSE?!?!?!?!

That explains a lot.  Do you breathlessly read other GQ articles about going bald, lusting after Mary-Louise Parker and listening to Sinatra?

You're such a sheep.  Do you have list of sartorial rules you MUST follow?  Make your own style.  The best ones always have.

Brian

Jaguar

« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2011, 01:56:35 pm »
Brian, you are forgetting that most straight men need a guide book  to dress properly. Their right brains are often a bit, uh, deficient. To take the more artistic approach and use their sense of what works and doesn't could be quite comical, if not disasterous, especially with these kinds of guys in the WH.