Author Topic: Fells Point parking on a Saturday...a question  (Read 5687 times)

James Ford

Fells Point parking on a Saturday...a question
« on: May 06, 2011, 10:05:55 am »
Question for the Baltimore people...

We're going to an Orioles game Saturday. Typically, we've gone on a Sunday, and have parked in the general area between the Whole Foods Market and Broadway. It seems like there's always been plenty of nonmetered parking available, with no time limits.

Is this the case for that area on Saturdays, or are the parking rules different than on Sunday?

There's probably a better forum to ask this on, but I don't know it. I know there's a good deal of Baltimore knowlege on this board though.

Thanks!

Vas Deferens

Re: Fells Point parking on a Saturday...a question
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 10:16:53 am »

you're going to an Orioles game but you want to park in Fells Point?

or you're going to Fells Point prior to the game?
(_|_)

Got Haggis?

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 10:17:59 am »
parking should be fine there during the afternoon - provided nothing is going on in fells point...i don't think anything is. i don't know of this non-metered parking area you speak of though - i only know of a few spots in fells with no meters and sometimes its difficult to get those spots...unless its over by the section8 housing

parking in mt vernon (where i live) however is going to be a nightmare with flowermart closing the monument down...and maybe some spillover parking from md film fest
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 10:21:34 am by Got Haggis? »

Got Haggis?

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2011, 10:20:18 am »
edit: removed - quoted instead of modified

James Ford

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2011, 10:28:19 am »
It's my birthday, which means maybe having a beer at Max's (Fells Point) before the game, and a threefer at Mahaffey's (Canton) after the game. Plus, parking in Fell's Point and walking allows us to avoid ballpark traffic and grab some Potbelly's and Noodle&Company on the walk to the stadium. And allows us to listen to my daughter whine about how tired she is and for us to explain to her that exercise is good.

you're going to an Orioles game but you want to park in Fells Point?

or you're going to Fells Point prior to the game?

James Ford

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2011, 10:30:45 am »
Thanks. We've always found nonmetered parking in the area north of Whole Foods, but it's been a couple of years since we've been.

So if it is all meters, are you saying that either there is no time limit, or that the meters are not in effect on Saturday? Assuming the meters aren't exorbitant, the former would be fine, the latter obviously preferred.

parking should be fine there during the afternoon - provided nothing is going on in fells point...i don't think anything is. i don't know of this non-metered parking area you speak of though - i only know of a few spots in fells with no meters and sometimes its difficult to get those spots...unless its over by the section8 housing

parking in mt vernon (where i live) however is going to be a nightmare with flowermart closing the monument down...and maybe some spillover parking from md film fest

Vas Deferens

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2011, 10:50:30 am »
if you can't find anywhere to park, there is a new garage on Caroline Street (805 S. Caroline) that is very inexpensive and cheaper than the meters (i'm not sure if meters are enforced on saturdays). 

...and residential street parking is limited to two free hours...$40 parking ticket after that :)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 10:58:25 am by Vas Deferens »
(_|_)

wml7

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2011, 10:53:22 am »
hmm I'll have to look back at this thread next time I head to an Orioles game.  Last time I went I had to pay like 20 bucks to park.  Need to find out where all the free spots are  ;D

jrho

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2011, 10:58:22 am »
The Baltimore Kinetic Sculpture Race is Saturday. You might have a bit of trouble. Or you could go early enough to watch part of the race before the game.

http://www.kineticbaltimore.com/

Vas Deferens

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2011, 10:59:26 am »
highly recommended!

The Baltimore Kinetic Sculpture Race is Saturday. You might have a bit of trouble. Or you could go early enough to watch part of the race before the game.

http://www.kineticbaltimore.com/
(_|_)

Got Haggis?

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2011, 11:24:03 am »
oh yeah thats right, the sculpture race...streets will be shut down for that.   metered parking is $2/hour these days.  but yeah just north of wholefoods is where the mixed section8 housing is where you can find free parking. 

looks like both eastern and aliceanna will be closed at some point - so parking along pratt st may be an option

http://www.kineticbaltimore.com/ksr/downloads/2011KsrSpectatorsGuide.pdf

James Ford

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2011, 11:30:54 am »
Thanks, y'all.

I found this: http://www.waterfrontpartnership.org/ParkAndTrans-ParkingInfo.aspx

$3 for weekend parking in a garage if i can't find anything on the street is certainly a great option. Looks like there's also one at 501 S. Eden as well.

And we'll try to check out the kinetic race if we can. It seems like we stumbled across it another year when we were in Baltimore on my b-day.