Author Topic: The Hold Steady and a logistics question  (Read 1921 times)

Bags

The Hold Steady and a logistics question
« on: May 24, 2011, 02:56:59 pm »
So, the Hold Steady is playing at the Club.  Announced on FB and their website.  You can get up to 4 tix at their website, but check out the terms:

Please Note that ALL tickets are Will Call Collection Only.
They will be available for pick up on the event day only.
Please insure that you present the following information to collect your ticket order:

* A copy of the CrowdSurge Email Order Confirmation
    * Your Government issued Photo ID - driving license/passport

Please be aware that the name on the order must match that shown on the photo ID
===================
I've had some family issues of late that have required me to leave town with little notice, one of which was (and still may be) the Paul Simon show at the club.  That happens, I'm S.O.L. and holding the bag for $100 worth of tix that can't be used, so I am not fond of this Day of Show Only Will Call crap.

The club sale won't have the same limit, will it?  Should I wait, will Hold Steady really sell out immediately in a regular sale, blah blah.

Looking for input and advice from the experts...

James Ford

Re: The Hold Steady and a logistics question
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 03:25:53 pm »
Nice "bag" pun.

This reminds me of the fact that we can no longer bring alcohol into our work building. Because they show up on the x-ray machines that were installed to prevent us from bringing in bombs to our workplace after 9/11. So no more wine at our office parties. Chalk up another victory for the goddamn terrorists.

My point is that the scalpers are the terrorists, and you are me.

You've already seen this band numerous times. You will no doubt see them numerous more times. If you're not sure you can go and you don't want to risk losing your $$, take a deep breath and let this show go.

Bags

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 03:54:02 pm »
True, but I've seen them so many times because I have so much fun, and 9:30 is the best place to see them.  Has to be a way to work this out reasonably...  I certainly doubt that regular sale tickets will have same restrictions.  This is not Paul Simon.  Even Death Cab tix for the club were mailed out...

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 04:27:14 pm »
I doubt they will be quite as fun without mister mustache tickling the ivories. 

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2011, 09:24:21 pm »
if you're online at 10 am on the day they go on sale, you should have zero problems getting tickets.  seems to me that the HS aren't the kind of band that sell out on the first day, but i could be wrong.  i'm pretty sure you'll be able to find someone to buy them should you later decide that you are unable to go (i can't see why these wouldn't be regular paper tickets).
<sig>

tooms

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 05:07:45 pm »
Instead of everyone being snarky to Bags, does one of the moderators have an answer to whether the regular onsale For HS will treat ticket distribution normally or whether it will be will call only?  I have the same question.  Thanks.

vansmack

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2011, 05:52:20 pm »
Have the person you were planning on going with purchase the tickets so they can find someone else if you can't go.
27>34

nkotb

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2011, 04:17:18 pm »
Are you kidding?  THis is the first thread that I've ever read on this board where someone looked for help and we were actually reasonably straight-forward and helpful!!!

Instead of everyone being snarky to Bags, does one of the moderators have an answer to whether the regular onsale For HS will treat ticket distribution normally or whether it will be will call only?  I have the same question.  Thanks.

Bags

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2011, 10:53:00 am »
If you're interested in this show, it's worth checking out the Hold Steady's website again....  http://theholdsteady.net/shows/

Vas Deferens

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2011, 10:56:51 am »
i dont think you need to panic...don't think the last Hold Steady show sold out...i think it's because they play 3 times a year at the club?
(_|_)

Bags

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2011, 11:01:10 am »
Vas, I think they do sell out, and it's pretty much once a year, though one year recently they skipped us. 

Anyhow, I'm not panicked at all anymore (panic may be too strong a word anyhow, but it's a show I didn't want to miss just because I didn't get tix).

Vas Deferens

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2011, 11:06:12 am »
I was being sarcastic but I do remember them playing twice in one year (2009) in addition to Virgin Fest?

The last show in 2010 sold out close to day of show.
(_|_)