Author Topic: Weiners weiner  (Read 10924 times)

shemptiness

Re: Weiners weiner
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2011, 04:31:00 pm »
Weiner comes clean....

ggw

« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2011, 04:52:03 pm »
our society has become so steeped in hyprocritical moralism combined with voyeurism, that a very key point has been forgotten:

1) politician's private shenanigans affecting their job, or politician has built platform on a campaign of hypocritical moralism = relevant

2) poltician's shenanigans not affecting job, and politician doesn't hold himself up as a paragon of virtue = not relevant

3) Politician claims "hackers did it" for the better part of a week before 'fessing up and admitting that he likes to lie almost as much as he likes to send dirty pictures to women.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2011, 05:02:27 pm »
4) If he was a republican he would've been forced to step down the minute this story broke. As a Democrat he will be sent on a mission abroad by his party until this 'kerfuffle' blows over.

hemisphire

« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2011, 05:17:53 pm »
4) If he was a republican he would've been forced to step down the minute this story broke. As a Democrat he will be sent on a mission abroad by his party until this 'kerfuffle' blows over.

If he was a republican and sent a picture to a guy, he would've been forced to step down the minute this story broke.

Fixed that for ya (ref. Vitter, David).

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2011, 05:23:10 pm »
4) If he was a republican he would've been forced to step down the minute this story broke.

which is understandable, BECAUSE MOST DEMOCRATS DON'T PUT THEMSELVES FORWARD AS UNASSAILABLE EXAMPLES OF MORAL RECTITUDE.  if you build your career on being pure and demonizing those that you deem to be un-pure, and then turn up as being a practitioner of the very things you build your support base by opposing - yeah, you get dumped by all the other hypocrites who haven't been caught yet.

so it's not a democrat vs. GOP thing.  it's a chest-puffing hypocrite vs. non-hypocrite thing.  just so happens that 95% of the chest-puffing hypocrites are republicans.  get a better GOP and this won't have your false-veneer of a political persecution - problem solved!
<sig>

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2011, 05:50:43 pm »
So in a democrats mind...a married man sending pics of his junk to a 21 year old coed is completely acceptable?

Hmmmmm.....tough to take the moral high ground when you have no morals.

BTW - I don't associate myself with the republicans or democrats. In fact, both parties are as immoral as each other. Our congress is currently a cesspool of corruption and perverts, so I'll vote for whoever I feel is honest and of high moral standing, regardless of politics. We need to clean this mess up first.

walkonby

« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2011, 05:57:14 pm »
how 'bout tweeting your weiner, 'govner?

hutch

« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2011, 06:32:51 pm »
guy should resign if not for the pix then for lying to his constituents

actually dont think pix are so terrible...its the lying bout the hacking that bugs me

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2011, 07:00:07 pm »
yeah, the lying about being hacked was pretty stupid.  And I think having the name "weiner" hasn't helped his cause.

tweeting it was stupid almost into the "wants to be caught" category.

Still, those who dwell on the private lives of public figures are generally motivated by voyeurism in the guise of professed morality, and therefore of questionable morality themselves.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 07:05:26 pm by Herr Professor Doktor Doom »
_\|/_

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2011, 04:22:55 pm »

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2011, 06:32:06 pm »
which is understandable, BECAUSE MOST DEMOCRATS DON'T PUT THEMSELVES FORWARD AS UNASSAILABLE EXAMPLES OF MORAL RECTITUDE.

It's amazing how many people are completely incapable of understanding this simple fact.   It's really a shame for our country how addled and logic-damaged the thinking of conservatives has become.   Our country needs more than one viable party and one stream of thought, but one side just isn't up to it.

_\|/_

Mobius

« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2011, 09:48:13 pm »
What some congressmen do to convince themselves they're heterosexual should be their own business

James Ford

« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2011, 07:48:26 am »
Sending cock shots to woo someone probably is more successful in the gay world than in the heterosexual world.

What some congressmen do to convince themselves they're heterosexual should be their own business

monsterzero

« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2011, 09:57:02 am »

which is understandable, BECAUSE MOST DEMOCRATS DON'T PUT THEMSELVES FORWARD AS UNASSAILABLE EXAMPLES OF MORAL RECTITUDE.  

Sentence-Of-The-Month award.

(not sarcasm)

hemisphire

« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2011, 11:42:21 am »
If you'd like to know how he left himself vulnerable from the beginning:

http://www.wired.com/epicenter/2011/06/twitter-follow-weiner-dickish/