Author Topic: iPhone apps you can't live without  (Read 5604 times)

Bags

iPhone apps you can't live without
« on: June 09, 2011, 10:56:03 am »
Surprised there isn't more on here.  I'm wondering if there's something for wine that's like Pandora is for music -- you put in several you like, and it guides you to others you might, and then let's you know what's available near you.

Others folks love?

TheREALHunter

Re: iPhone apps you can't live without
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 01:26:35 pm »
edit
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 01:28:14 pm by TheREALHunter »

Got Haggis?

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 01:41:06 pm »
well i installed the iOS 5 beta on my phone and am loving it so far. I did have one device crash, but the notification system is soooooooooooooo much better....like x 1 million better.

vansmack

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 01:54:28 pm »
the notification system is soooooooooooooo much better....like x 1 million better.

You're welcome.
27>34

walkonby

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2011, 04:11:19 pm »
The cheering you are hearing is from the android community
T.Rex

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2011, 04:45:26 pm »
The cheering you are hearing is from the android community
Well i wouldn't call what I'm doing cheering.  But this would probably put the nail in the coffin of me ever buying an IOS device ever again. 

vansmack

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2011, 05:15:52 pm »
Fear not.  Steve knows best, that's why you bought an Apple product...
27>34

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2011, 05:45:21 pm »
This was my first smartphone

I think it was the 2nd or 3rd palm os phone, and the first (i think) palm os phone with a color screen.  That shit was bleeding edge!

vansmack

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2011, 05:58:57 pm »
This was my first smartphone

Nice!

You've got me beat.  I had a Palm powered Treo, but it wasn't a phone.  My first Smartphone was WinMobile 5:

27>34

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2011, 06:44:37 pm »
finally

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3641676/Apple-to-ban-iPhone-gig-filming.html

fuck you, youtube

Don't get me wrong walkie, i don't understand the need for people to shot crappy video on their phones and upload to youtube either...  but it should be the artists working with youtube to take down illegal content, not Jobs doing what he needs to do to make cash by kissing ass.  if this ever rolls out, it's the apple store support folks i'll feel sorry for...

And for music apps on the iPhone get 8tracks or Mixcloud.    Both sites offer user created playlists or mixes, verses robo programming like Pandora.  8tracks leans more indie rock and Mixcloud more electronica.  I of course have mixes on both :)  Soundcloud is also a great app, that's the site the Foo Fighters used to promote their new album on.  Lots of artists have apps on the iPhone as well...

and sorry bags for the further threadjack... but this was my first smartphone...

T.Rex

slappy

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2011, 10:56:00 pm »
Surprised there isn't more on here.  I'm wondering if there's something for wine that's like Pandora is for music -- you put in several you like, and it guides you to others you might, and then let's you know what's available near you.

Others folks love?

That would be a good idea. I'm guessing there aren't any is once you know the varietal/region you enjoy it's not too difficult to find something similar. "Wine Store" is decent for a free app. It has lists based on varietal and rating.

slappy

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2011, 11:50:55 pm »
I get some of the iPhone hate, but does it really have to be in every thread about the iPhone?
And using an article from 'the staff' of the Sun of all places to rationalize more hate.
You realize this story was buried under one with the headline "Deadly Sausages more salt than crisps" and another story of all the middle aged ladies at the Take That concerts with photos!

IF (and that's an if bigger than the belly on the right, courtesy of the Sun) Apple did file a patent, one should realize it doesn't mean it will actually happen. Claiming and patenting intellectual property is worth $$$.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2011, 05:52:29 pm »
if anything people should complain about blackberries in every thread
o/\o