Author Topic: BREAK UP THE F-ING NATIONALS  (Read 436421 times)

vansmack

Re: BREAK UP THE F-ING NATIONALS
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2012, 04:05:57 pm »
It's still early. Right O's fans?

"It sure is!" says the Angels fan.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2012, 08:26:00 pm »
And I'm just going to say this because I know none of you stay up late enough to see it for yourselves:

Mike Trout>Bryce Harper

I'm referring to all 5 tools, plus he's better looking and has better hair.
27>34

stevewizzle

« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2012, 09:13:38 pm »
And I'm just going to say this because I know none of you stay up late enough to see it for yourselves:

Mike Trout>Bryce Harper

haven't seen it first hand.  can't argue with the stats.  decent article on grantland today comparing there career paths to this point (tl;dr trout wasn't doing what harper was doing at the same age).

hutch

« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2012, 09:15:19 pm »

Mike Trout>Bryce Harper

haven't seen it first hand.  can't argue with the stats.  decent article on grantland today comparing there career paths to this point (tl;dr trout wasn't doing what harper was doing at the same age).

but harper is like 20 or 19?

harper is great. .hit a huge home run today and legged out a fielder's choice...so far..

holy shit trout is 20..

ok i don't know what to say. i will take a look at him.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 09:17:05 pm by hutch »

vansmack

« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2012, 12:41:19 am »
trout wasn't doing what harper was doing at the same age.

You mean going to high school?

I didn't see an article comparing the two.  All I saw was the piece on Harper.

One other thing: Trout is not represented by Scott Boras.  Have fun!
27>34

stevewizzle

« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2012, 09:05:56 am »

right now he's not, but just wait!  being lifelong sox fan... there aren't many people that make me cringe more than scott boras.

it's just a peice on harper, but it compares him and trout indirectly.

trout was called up last year, and didn't excel (limited time, i know).  historically speaking, HOF-to be rookies like Arod, KGJr, etc. have had respectable first years but nothing eye-popping like Harper's thus far.  Trout has had the luxury of gaining some experience in the big leagues, where Harper has not; and the stats tend to suggest that's a huge deal.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 09:07:44 am by stevewizzle »

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2012, 09:16:10 am »

Mike Trout>Bryce Harper

We'll see what Harper is doing when he's 20 too ;)

Stras on the mound tonight? I hope he smokes the Jays.
‼‼?‼‼

hutch

« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2012, 12:02:32 pm »
Isn't Harper batting 300?

I think he's exceeding expectations so far

And i had not realized he was as quick as he is...
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 12:24:28 pm by hutch »

James Ford

« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2012, 12:21:13 pm »
So you're basically saying that rather than being the next A-rod, Harper is the next Fred Lynn?

right now he's not, but just wait!  being lifelong sox fan... there aren't many people that make me cringe more than scott boras.

it's just a peice on harper, but it compares him and trout indirectly.

trout was called up last year, and didn't excel (limited time, i know).  historically speaking, HOF-to be rookies like Arod, KGJr, etc. have had respectable first years but nothing eye-popping like Harper's thus far.  Trout has had the luxury of gaining some experience in the big leagues, where Harper has not; and the stats tend to suggest that's a huge deal.

imbecile

« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2012, 12:29:11 pm »
Granted, Trout is ripping it up for a 20 year old and comparing them today they're pretty much dead even.  Trout does have the edge by a good amount in AVG .345 vs. .307 and has more stolen bases (15 vs. 4).  Everything else is for the most part the same thus far this season.

That being said, Harper just played his 40th game in the majors and comparing his first 40 games in the majors to Trouts debut season in the majors (last year, and coincidentally 40 games while he was 19), there's no comparison.

Trout went .220/.281/.390 over his first 40
Harper went .307/.390/.553 over his first 40

James Ford

« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2012, 12:56:32 pm »
All that is true, but at least Trout is not a Mormon. Plus, he's better looking.

Granted, Trout is ripping it up for a 20 year old and comparing them today they're pretty much dead even.  Trout does have the edge by a good amount in AVG .345 vs. .307 and has more stolen bases (15 vs. 4).  Everything else is for the most part the same thus far this season.

That being said, Harper just played his 40th game in the majors and comparing his first 40 games in the majors to Trouts debut season in the majors (last year, and coincidentally 40 games while he was 19), there's no comparison.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2012, 01:02:57 pm »
That's a clown statement, bro.

All that is true, but at least Trout is not a Mormon. Plus, he's better looking.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2012, 02:30:43 pm »
Tyler Moore is fucking abusing the Blue Jays right now
‼‼?‼‼

imbecile

« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2012, 03:31:01 pm »

Ha, if I were a stud baseball player at 19, I'd be down with polygamy as well, can't say I blame him.

As far as the looking better.. Smackie said the same thing.  What pictures are you guys finding to make this claim?  Granted, Bryce has a douchey 19-year old beard in a lot of photos, but Trout looks like a pastey doughboy in every photo that just popped up when I googled him.  It's a wash at best.

I don't follow much national media, but is Trout vs. Harper a big debate outside of this message board?  I really hope not as I'm assuming that will quickly lead into the ever-so-tired east coast bias rantings that everyone (i would hope) is tired of.

vansmack

« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2012, 01:08:58 am »
Another nice thing about being on the West Coast.... #perfectgames
27>34