Author Topic: BREAK UP THE F-ING NATIONALS  (Read 440589 times)

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
Re: BREAK UP THE F-ING NATIONALS
« Reply #180 on: July 18, 2012, 02:23:43 pm »
Did they switch the pitching rotation? I thought Edwin Jackson was the last one was after Jordan Zimmerman.... I might have lost my head for a second...

Werth is supposed to be back in August? Word is Drew Storen could be back first week of August? Hope Ian Desmond can come back soon, looked like he was ready to bat last night!
‼‼?‼‼

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #181 on: July 18, 2012, 02:32:20 pm »
Coming back from the break they changed the rotation around a bit.

Werth and Storen should both be back by early august.

Desmond pinch ran last night, so he couldn't be too far off.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #182 on: July 18, 2012, 03:20:22 pm »
He was up to bat in the 10th too I believe, they walked him.

So I think now it goes Stras, Gio, Detwiler, Jackson, Zimmerman? Did I totally botch that...
‼‼?‼‼

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #183 on: July 18, 2012, 03:35:05 pm »

So I think now it goes Stras, Gio, Detwiler, Jackson, Zimmerman? Did I totally botch that...
Well if you start first game back from the break it's gone:

Zimmerman, Gonzales, Strasburg, Jackson, Detwieler

Even with Strasburg hanging it up early, I'm feeling pretty good about this rotation.  Johnson has been pulling starters early almost everynight, usually after 6.  They should all be pretty fresh when it comes to crunch time. 

Is it not unheard of for teams to use a 4 man rotation in the post season?

todd711

« Reply #184 on: July 18, 2012, 03:42:19 pm »
Plus, Lannan is probably going to start one of the games on Saturday to show he can maybe fill in when Strasburg is shut down.

vansmack

« Reply #185 on: July 18, 2012, 05:17:16 pm »

it's just a peice on harper, but it compares him and trout indirectly.

Here's that piece you predicted ;)

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/32421/middle-relief-rating-the-rookie-eras
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #186 on: July 18, 2012, 05:25:56 pm »
Trout had four hits!!!!!!!!!!

all of them in garbage time.

Yes, a lead off single to start the game and a 2-run HR in a 3-0 game in second inning are garbage time hits.  I completely agree.

But I will correct one thing.  He had 4 more hits.

I was on vacation this weekend so I couldn't give you the Mike Trout updates: Trout's parents, brother and girlfriend all had tickets to the game on Friday. But Jeter, through a clubhouse attendant, offered up his suite for the series opener to give them a more comfortable venue.  Jeter also picked up the tab for the refreshments.
27>34

stevewizzle

« Reply #187 on: July 18, 2012, 06:08:42 pm »
Trout had four hits!!!!!!!!!!

all of them in garbage time.

Yes, a lead off single to start the game and a 2-run HR in a 3-0 game in second inning are garbage time hits.  I completely agree.

two hits off a rookie pitcher with a 10+ era.  we can go ahead and asterik yet another day for mr. trout.

if you want a real comparison, look at what each player has done in extra innings.  Trout?  one INFIELD single for the whole year.  Harper? walk off hits, game-tying triples, the list goes on.  this is why the nats are in first place and it'll stay that way, and the angels are 5.5 back and will be playing for the wild-card if they are lucky.

hutch

« Reply #188 on: July 18, 2012, 11:43:16 pm »

I was on vacation this weekend so I couldn't give you the Mike Trout updates: Trout's parents, brother and girlfriend all had tickets to the game on Friday. But Jeter, through a clubhouse attendant, offered up his suite for the series opener to give them a more comfortable venue.  Jeter also picked up the tab for the refreshments.

Thank you. I can sleep well now.

James Ford

« Reply #189 on: July 19, 2012, 08:08:12 am »
four man rotation is normal for postseason, but Jackson is mediocre.

Even with Strasburg hanging it up early, I'm feeling pretty good about this rotation.  Johnson has been pulling starters early almost everynight, usually after 6.  They should all be pretty fresh when it comes to crunch time. 

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #190 on: July 19, 2012, 08:20:38 am »

and a gift bag for the girlfriend?  it's standard rookie hazing to get cuckolded by jeter, right?
(o|o)

stevewizzle

« Reply #191 on: July 19, 2012, 09:43:19 am »

four man rotation is a given.  three man rotation isn't unheard of. just my opinion, but y'all are crazy if you think the inning cap will stop stras from going in the post-season...

imbecile

« Reply #192 on: July 19, 2012, 10:00:03 am »

four man rotation is a given.  three man rotation isn't unheard of. just my opinion, but y'all are crazy if you think the inning cap will stop stras from going in the post-season...

If I were DJ, I'd see how Lannan pitches on Saturday.  If it's remotely decent, I'd put Strasburg on the DL (shut him down now) and give Lannan the ball in his place.  Give him (Strasburg) a nice 6 week break and bring him back early September.  Give him that month to get his groove back and ride him straight through the post-season.

Probably a good thing I'm not DJ as I have no idea how that would effect him.

eros

« Reply #193 on: July 19, 2012, 10:03:20 am »

It's not his decision.  He will get shut down.
ʎɐʍou

hutch

« Reply #194 on: July 19, 2012, 10:50:05 am »

It's not his decision.  He will get shut down.

EXACTLY. and the decision has been made.. once it made you can't change it because you're in the hunt.. if it was made then it was made because that was what was determined best for STRASBURG and you can't change that...