Author Topic: BREAK UP THE F-ING NATIONALS  (Read 440528 times)

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
Re: BREAK UP THE F-ING NATIONALS
« Reply #210 on: July 19, 2012, 03:33:22 pm »
Gio's shortest outing of the season 3.1 innings, YEESH! This is painful. Fuckin RA Dickey.
Looking at the box and Desmond has an AB in the 9th and Zimmerman has only 2 AB the whole game.  I'm worried he got hurt.....

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #211 on: July 19, 2012, 03:45:13 pm »
who, zimmerman? i think davey just took him out because the game was basically out of reach and he wanted derosa to get some at bats before saturdays doubleheader.

James Ford

« Reply #212 on: July 20, 2012, 11:36:12 pm »
COLLAPSE

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #213 on: July 21, 2012, 10:58:30 am »
As a Braves fan, the game yesterday was amazing!
FUKIT

stevewizzle

« Reply #214 on: July 21, 2012, 11:42:48 am »

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #215 on: July 23, 2012, 12:42:21 pm »
Glad to see Zim is shooting fire out of his eyes. Glad we didn't blow the lead yesterday... Bummer that was had to split the series. UGH.
‼‼?‼‼

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #216 on: July 25, 2012, 03:26:50 pm »
best record in baseball (for a few hours)
(o|o)

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #217 on: July 26, 2012, 09:18:21 am »
Jayson Werth is less than 2 weeks from coming back according to reports.... Desi is on the 15 day DL, I heard an interview where he was talking about it taking 6 weeks for one of the other guys to come back, I forgot who he said though. He then joked saying "He is older than me though", I think by like a year or two hahaha. I can't wait to HOPEFULLY get a full healthy line up. If only our catchers could stay healthy :\ when is the trade deadline?
‼‼?‼‼

stevewizzle

« Reply #218 on: July 26, 2012, 10:00:25 am »
Jayson Werth is less than 2 weeks from coming back according to reports.... Desi is on the 15 day DL, I heard an interview where he was talking about it taking 6 weeks for one of the other guys to come back, I forgot who he said though. He then joked saying "He is older than me though", I think by like a year or two hahaha. I can't wait to HOPEFULLY get a full healthy line up. If only our catchers could stay healthy :\ when is the trade deadline?

where does jayson werth bat when he's back?  he's an OBP guy who can swipe bases and create runs.  seems like the #2 slot really is where he belongs, which will bump harper from his spot he's started to get comfortable with.  there's no reason to mess with 3-4-5-6 (zim, morse, laroche, des) - i think harper and werth on the top of that line-up is one scary line-up.

trade deadline is July 31.  almost no chance Nat's make any moves.  catcher needs upgrades, but ramos is the future, and solano returning will be an upgrade if flores continues to struggle.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #219 on: July 26, 2012, 10:29:24 am »

where does jayson werth bat when he's back?  he's an OBP guy who can swipe bases and create runs.  seems like the #2 slot really is where he belongs, which will bump harper from his spot he's started to get comfortable with.  there's no reason to mess with 3-4-5-6 (zim, morse, laroche, des) - i think harper and werth on the top of that line-up is one scary line-up.

trade deadline is July 31.  almost no chance Nat's make any moves.  catcher needs upgrades, but ramos is the future, and solano returning will be an upgrade if flores continues to struggle.

trades can happen after the deadline, players just have to clear waivers first - I think we'll add some middle infield depth, but nothing that couldn't happen after the deadline.
(o|o)

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #220 on: July 26, 2012, 04:23:09 pm »

Wasn't Werth high in the line-up last year and couldn't pull his weight? Where was he batting earlier in ths year? Wasn't he in the 4-5-6 somewhere? I wouldn't mind him being somewhere in there again, nothing wrong with stacking the line-up. Bam Bam at 2 is good with me. Also, how amazing has the Shark been!? I hope we can keep this win streak up. Fuck the Brewers.
‼‼?‼‼

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #221 on: July 26, 2012, 04:51:54 pm »
I can't remember where he hit.  He had an off year last year.  Started slow this year but was heating up when he got hurt.  In my house we used to call him 'Werthless', but we'd just taken to calling him 'Werthful' when he went down.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #222 on: July 27, 2012, 09:31:24 am »
Yeah, when he broke his wrist i was truly bummed, but Ian Desmond, i can't say enough about that guy. Zim has been on FIRE all month, I think this month he's hitting over .380 and has 9 homers I think? Or 10 by now.
‼‼?‼‼

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #223 on: July 27, 2012, 09:36:42 am »
werth was all over the batting order last year

http://www.fangraphs.com/statsd.aspx?playerid=1327&position=OF&type=&gds=&gde=&season=2011

mostly in the 5 hole this year before he went down.
(o|o)

James Ford

« Reply #224 on: July 27, 2012, 12:06:26 pm »
We call him "Hey Dirtbag, get a haircut" in our household.

I can't remember where he hit.  He had an off year last year.  Started slow this year but was heating up when he got hurt.  In my house we used to call him 'Werthless', but we'd just taken to calling him 'Werthful' when he went down.