Author Topic: BREAK UP THE F-ING NATIONALS  (Read 440689 times)

imbecile

Re: BREAK UP THE F-ING NATIONALS
« Reply #315 on: September 21, 2012, 11:16:41 am »
purchased tickets for game 2 & 3 (which would presumably be game 4 or 5, if necessary)

I got tickets for game 5.  The pickings weren't very good by the time I got through the virtual waiting room.

Apparently O's tickets were way easier to come by, my co-worker right next to me was trying for O's tickets as I was trying for Nats and he got 4 each to the wild card and both potential ALDS games in a matter of seconds and was quite late to the waiting room.

stevewizzle

« Reply #316 on: September 21, 2012, 11:28:55 am »
purchased tickets for game 2 & 3 (which would presumably be game 4 or 5, if necessary)

I got tickets for game 5.  The pickings weren't very good by the time I got through the virtual waiting room.

Apparently O's tickets were way easier to come by, my co-worker right next to me was trying for O's tickets as I was trying for Nats and he got 4 each to the wild card and both potential ALDS games in a matter of seconds and was quite late to the waiting room.

i think tickets to that aren't open to the general public yet, they are suppose to be on sale tomorrow at 10am.  that wild card game would be insane!

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #317 on: September 21, 2012, 12:01:52 pm »
Thanks to my ticket plan, I'm set for the whole run.  Go Nats!

K8teebug

« Reply #318 on: September 21, 2012, 03:18:30 pm »
Congrats to the Nats on clinching a playoff spot!

K8teebug

« Reply #319 on: September 21, 2012, 03:19:16 pm »
This Orioles fan got tickets (4) to the Wild Card and Division Games 1 and 2...No problem at all.

hutch

« Reply #320 on: September 21, 2012, 03:23:32 pm »
This Orioles fan got tickets (4) to the Wild Card and Division Games 1 and 2...No problem at all.

Of course.. because they don't really have many fans and because their fans are far poorer.

If you're a scalper you're going to buy Nats tickets because you will make a profit.. Orioles? Their tickets are very cheap.

Of course this is good for the true Oriole fan and I'm happy for you but it is good to understand why you could get tickets.

James Ford

« Reply #321 on: September 21, 2012, 03:53:20 pm »
This O's fan got a $29 ticket for $1 plus fees to the Nats game on Monday. I should be home im time for dinner and back to school night.

Hey, I'd love to go to the O's doubleheader on Monday, but when you live in NoVA and work a two mile walk from Nats Stadium, you gotta do what you gotta do.

hutch

« Reply #322 on: September 21, 2012, 04:04:26 pm »
This O's fan got a $29 ticket for $1 plus fees to the Nats game on Monday. I should be home im time for dinner and back to school night.

Hey, I'd love to go to the O's doubleheader on Monday, but when you live in NoVA and work a two mile walk from Nats Stadium, you gotta do what you gotta do.

Regular season tickets for the Nats are not a problem.. they don't draw well... tickets can be had cheap... although the good Nats tickets cost far more than the good Orioles tickets..

But I think post season tickets for the Nats will be more scarce...

One thing is for sure.. DC is not a baseball town.

K8teebug

« Reply #323 on: September 21, 2012, 04:19:43 pm »

Of course.. because they don't really have many fans and because their fans are far poorer.

If you're a scalper you're going to buy Nats tickets because you will make a profit.. Orioles? Their tickets are very cheap.

Of course this is good for the true Oriole fan and I'm happy for you but it is good to understand why you could get tickets.

MLB sets the prices for the postseason, so blame them.

vansmack

« Reply #324 on: September 21, 2012, 05:01:46 pm »
Congrats to the Nats on clinching a playoff spot!

This.   Very nice.
27>34

hutch

« Reply #325 on: September 21, 2012, 05:26:23 pm »

MLB sets the prices for the postseason, so blame them.

So it went over your head? The reason you could get tickets easily is because you are trying to get Orioles tickets to games in Baltimore.

vansmack

« Reply #326 on: September 21, 2012, 05:40:29 pm »
By The Numbers

From ESPN Stats and Info

11,310: Days since Nationals franchise clinched postseason berth on Oct. 3, 1981.
70: No-hitters in MLB since then ... just one by the Expos/Nationals franchise (Dennis Martinez on July 7, 1991).
29: Different teams to have reached the postseason (that's every other team except the Nationals franchise).
26: Quarterbacks which have started a game in the 2012 NFL season that were born following Nationals last postseason appearance.
5: U.S. Presidents which have held office (Reagan, George H.W. Bush, Bill Clinton, George W. Bush, Barack Obama).
0: Expos/Nationals pitchers which have won at least 20 games in a season (Gio Gonzalez can end drought on Saturday).
27>34

shemptiness

« Reply #327 on: September 21, 2012, 07:12:41 pm »
There's also the fact that one team has clinched; the other has not.

James Ford

« Reply #328 on: September 21, 2012, 10:26:10 pm »
so when does Storen get the closer job?

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #329 on: September 21, 2012, 10:55:43 pm »
i respect how davey sticks with guys who are struggling, but that needed to be drew's inning. or just let edwin finish it out. he was cruising.

i like clippard and he's done great work this season, but i think he needs a break or some lower pressure innings for a while. edwin pitched way too beautiful a game not to get a win tonight.