Author Topic: BREAK UP THE F-ING NATIONALS  (Read 440692 times)

Bombay Chutney

Re: BREAK UP THE F-ING NATIONALS
« Reply #330 on: September 22, 2012, 11:55:18 am »
Yeah - I want to see Storen back in that position.  I love Clipp, but he cracks too easily and when he does it gets bad pretty quickly.   People were booing him last night almost from the start, which I thought was unfair and didn't really help his confidence.  I thought Jackson was slipping just a touch at the end last night, so I'm not surprised they brought in Clippard.  But in hindsight....

K8teebug

« Reply #331 on: September 24, 2012, 09:36:04 am »
This Orioles fan got tickets (4) to the Wild Card and Division Games 1 and 2...No problem at all.

Of course.. because they don't really have many fans and because their fans are far poorer.

If you're a scalper you're going to buy Nats tickets because you will make a profit.. Orioles? Their tickets are very cheap.

Of course this is good for the true Oriole fan and I'm happy for you but it is good to understand why you could get tickets.

MLB sets the prices for the postseason, so blame them.

So it went over your head? The reason you could get tickets easily is because you are trying to get Orioles tickets to games in Baltimore.

Just trying to say congrats to your team.

Sorry all the fair weather Nats fans took your post season tickets.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #332 on: September 24, 2012, 09:47:17 am »
(o|o)

hutch

« Reply #333 on: September 24, 2012, 09:49:30 am »
Nats are not in their best form

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #334 on: September 24, 2012, 10:44:19 am »
I'm not so sure a #1 seed is what the Nats should want. They certainly need to win the division, but a #1 seed could give them the Braves in the NLDS, and I'd kinda rather see the Giants. After that Braves sweep in Atlanta I'd rather let the Reds take care of them

I'm not saying yesterdays game was anything but sloppy, but there's a positive in slipping to #2 in the league.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #335 on: September 24, 2012, 10:55:06 am »
Nats are not in their best form
7-7 since Stras was shut down, 4-6 in their last 10, somehow still 4/12 games up in the NL East and tied for the best record in baseball. Hopefully they can snap out of this awkward funk and plow their way into the post season. I missed pretty much all the games last week due to a family emergency. Their bats seem on and off. Was listening to a bit of the game on Friday, shame Edwin pitched a gem for them to lose at the end, was nice to see Gio get his 20th win on Saturday! Hopefully they can split the series today with the Brewers.

Anyone get playoff tickets? I was confused as to which to buy [game 1 or 2] but by the time I settled on game 1 it said all the tickets were unavailable. So, how does it work? If the Nats do clinch the division, do they play 2 2 1 1 1? That's where my confusion was...
‼‼?‼‼

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #336 on: September 24, 2012, 02:42:50 pm »
I'm not so sure a #1 seed is what the Nats should want. They certainly need to win the division, but a #1 seed could give them the Braves in the NLDS, and I'd kinda rather see the Giants. After that Braves sweep in Atlanta I'd rather let the Reds take care of them

I'm not saying yesterdays game was anything but sloppy, but there's a positive in slipping to #2 in the league.

Totally agree.  I'd much rather have the #2 seed.
(o|o)

stevewizzle

« Reply #337 on: September 24, 2012, 03:50:14 pm »
Anyone get playoff tickets? I was confused as to which to buy [game 1 or 2] but by the time I settled on game 1 it said all the tickets were unavailable. So, how does it work? If the Nats do clinch the division, do they play 2 2 1 1 1? That's where my confusion was...

format is 2-3.  so, we will likely see games 3,4, and 5.

Totally agree.  I'd much rather have the #2 seed.

agree as well.  braves are stacked, let cincy have the best record.  bring on the giants.

James Ford

« Reply #338 on: September 24, 2012, 07:36:34 pm »
Went to the game today.

So when does Storen get the closer job?

so when does Storen get the closer job?

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #339 on: September 24, 2012, 07:43:35 pm »
i dont think anyone gets the closer job in a ten run game

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #340 on: September 25, 2012, 09:24:46 am »
(o|o)

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #341 on: September 25, 2012, 09:41:01 am »
Not looking forward to this Phils series. I hope we can smack them back in the mouth after the last sweep. Bastards. I'd love to see them wrap the division up this week...
‼‼?‼‼

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #342 on: September 27, 2012, 10:48:52 pm »
(o|o)

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #343 on: September 29, 2012, 11:36:36 pm »
(o|o)

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #344 on: October 01, 2012, 04:54:15 pm »
Tonight is the night the Nats clinch.  Mark my words.