Author Topic: BREAK UP THE F-ING NATIONALS  (Read 440644 times)

Thousand Made-Up Loves

Re: BREAK UP THE F-ING NATIONALS
« Reply #420 on: October 11, 2012, 10:14:52 am »
all that over shutting down stras? come on..there has to be more

No, that's pretty much it. Rizzo and Co are debunking conventional wisdom. Remember everyone hated (and/or still hates) Billy Beane in the early 00s for his Moneyball approach to scouting and player personnel. Same shit, different league and decade.

stevewizzle

« Reply #421 on: October 11, 2012, 11:10:18 am »
i'm going today. 

also have tix for tomorrow.

let's hope the nats get my money both days, and then many more days this october.

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #422 on: October 11, 2012, 11:11:45 am »
it really is unbelievable how much controversy that decision generated. a major sports executive puts a young players long term health over immediate gains and gets crucified for it. that reflects worse on every other gm than it does on rizzo.

hutch

« Reply #423 on: October 11, 2012, 11:33:07 am »
it really is unbelievable how much controversy that decision generated. a major sports executive puts a young players long term health over immediate gains and gets crucified for it. that reflects worse on every other gm than it does on rizzo.

+1 also reflects badly on the press

People need to realize that Strasburg got shelled two of his last three starts.. he was not looking good!

James Ford

« Reply #424 on: October 11, 2012, 11:41:10 am »
I think you could argue that he was distracted by the media circus. Thus, it was mental more than physical.

People need to realize that Strasburg got shelled two of his last three starts.. he was not looking good!

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #425 on: October 11, 2012, 11:56:35 am »
Strasburg's agent, Scott Boras, also represents Bryce Harper, Danny Espinoza, Jayson Werth and Edwin Jackson, and maybe others I'm failing to mention.  Also multiple Nats prospects.  Boras wanted the shutdown.  As sad as it may be, the Nats' relationship with this guy is of the utmost importance.

They had no choice.  It had to happen.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 12:03:10 pm by chaz »

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #426 on: October 11, 2012, 12:04:00 pm »
It almost disgusts me that this is reaction from some people. This author says that "Nationals Are Despised" DESPISED! They are trying to protect a fucking phenom, someone who will play for years, not just for the Nats but to possibly be a face of the league and they are being HAMMERED. Fucking insanity. I pray to everything in the universe that we get the last laugh.
‼‼?‼‼

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #427 on: October 11, 2012, 12:06:25 pm »
i was reading a baseball thread on another forum, and the same people criticizing rizzo for the shutdown are still pissed at dusty baker and the cubs people for overworking prior and wood to make a world series run. you cant have it both ways.

stevewizzle

« Reply #428 on: October 11, 2012, 12:45:34 pm »
Strasburg's agent, Scott Boras, also represents Bryce Harper, Danny Espinoza, Jayson Werth and Edwin Jackson, and maybe others I'm failing to mention.  Also multiple Nats prospects.  Boras wanted the shutdown.  As sad as it may be, the Nats' relationship with this guy is of the utmost importance.

They had no choice.  It had to happen.

ugh.

if there is anything that has been completely understated, it's that boras and rizzo are in bed together to make a lot of money together. 

As sad as it may be, the Nats' relationship with this guy is of the utmost importance.

^cringeworthy.

James Ford

« Reply #429 on: October 11, 2012, 07:24:49 pm »
Cool that the Nats won, but more importantly, did Teddy win for the third straight race?

shemptiness

« Reply #430 on: October 12, 2012, 07:26:36 am »

stevewizzle

« Reply #431 on: October 12, 2012, 08:28:51 am »
detwiler with a dominant outing

zimmermann electric

clippard even more electric

drew storen... you get the point.

werth, our savior!

and teddy won.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #432 on: October 12, 2012, 09:17:48 am »
Holy HELL! There was the pitching we've seen all season. That was insane!! 8 strikouts in a row!? Epic at-bat for Jayson Werth. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw him slam that homer. Talk about a momentum swing...
‼‼?‼‼

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #433 on: October 12, 2012, 10:06:23 am »
been to a lot of baseball games, that was the best.  super psyched for tonight.
(o|o)

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #434 on: October 12, 2012, 10:09:07 am »
It was so great to see the crowd that crazy.    What a great night!