Author Topic: BREAK UP THE F-ING NATIONALS  (Read 440707 times)

HoyaSaxa03

Re: BREAK UP THE F-ING NATIONALS
« Reply #450 on: October 14, 2012, 05:20:05 pm »
All I know is my wife probably wouldn't talk to me for a week if I cried over a baseball game. That would be after she stopped laughing at me.

i think my wife and i both cried at the ballpark on friday, but i'm trying my hardest to repress the entire night, so not entirely sure.
(o|o)

K8teebug

« Reply #451 on: October 15, 2012, 09:01:28 am »
Sorry.  Heartbreaking loss.  Was rooting for the Nationals.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #452 on: October 15, 2012, 09:36:25 am »
I supressed my anger/sadness for as long as I could on Friday after the game, I exploded about an hour or so after the game. It was an amazing season, I can't believe we were 1 strike away..... TWICE. Can't wait to be back at the ballpark in the spring. Really was a fun and amazing season though!

The heartbreak did leak through the weekend, even the Redskins win couldn't fully pull me out.
‼‼?‼‼

imbecile

« Reply #453 on: October 15, 2012, 10:30:15 am »
I was in a daze for most of the weekend after Friday night.

Honestly, I had a bad feeling the entire game, something just didn't seem right.. and then they kept leaking a run here and there and it got worse.  Then they brought in Edwin Jackson and I just hung my head.  Suzuki pulling one back in the 8th felt good, and you can't ask for anything more than a two run lead and bringing in your closer.  I was optimistic, but still didn't feel too good about it for some reason.

Nevertheless, it was awesome up until they lost, absolutely amazing night.

My one take away from the whole game is how quiet 46,000 people can get.  When they made the final out and the Cardinals poured out of their dugout onto the field, I swear you could've heard a pin drop.  It was unreal.  I'd expect that scene to be chaotic and loud and fun, but it was absolutely quiet; like someone pressed mute.  Or maybe my brain just shut down for a second. 

James Ford

« Reply #454 on: October 15, 2012, 11:37:18 am »
Why were you hanging your head when they brought the 11 million dollar man in?
Would you rather have seen him as a pinch runner?

I was in a daze for most of the weekend after Friday night.

Honestly, I had a bad feeling the entire game, something just didn't seem right.. and then they kept leaking a run here and there and it got worse.  Then they brought in Edwin Jackson and I just hung my head.  Suzuki pulling one back in the 8th felt good, and you can't ask for anything more than a two run lead and bringing in your closer.  I was optimistic, but still didn't feel too good about it for some reason.

Nevertheless, it was awesome up until they lost, absolutely amazing night.

My one take away from the whole game is how quiet 46,000 people can get.  When they made the final out and the Cardinals poured out of their dugout onto the field, I swear you could've heard a pin drop.  It was unreal.  I'd expect that scene to be chaotic and loud and fun, but it was absolutely quiet; like someone pressed mute.  Or maybe my brain just shut down for a second. 

stevewizzle

« Reply #455 on: October 15, 2012, 12:39:48 pm »
i'm honestly starting to think you hate the fact that edwin jackson made $11M in a one-year deal because he's black.

James Ford

« Reply #456 on: October 15, 2012, 01:07:25 pm »
He is?

That's the dumbest, most ignorant, inflammatory post I've read on here is a long time.

i'm honestly starting to think you hate the fact that edwin jackson made $11M in a one-year deal because he's black.

stevewizzle

« Reply #457 on: October 15, 2012, 01:17:08 pm »
He is?

That's the dumbest, most ignorant, inflammatory post I've read on here is a long time.

i'd agree it's definitely one of the three. 

stop trolling about the $11M dude.  get over it.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #458 on: October 15, 2012, 01:18:59 pm »
James Ford does not care about black people
‼‼?‼‼

James Ford

« Reply #459 on: October 15, 2012, 01:23:13 pm »
I just don't like guaranteed money paid to people who underperform. All the money the Orioles spent on Brian Roberts makes me puke.

Actually, I'm quite happy that ARod is going to be sucking the Yankee teat so hard for a few more years while underperforming. 

Yada

« Reply #460 on: October 15, 2012, 01:24:26 pm »

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #461 on: October 15, 2012, 01:29:33 pm »
i never understood the title of this thread.  does the op want to really have the team "break up"?

james ford is good guy.  he supports a family.  he drinks beer.  overworks at a job.  runs as a hobby.  post on a computer forum, because it is fun . . . and like everybody else, hates people with lots of money.

stevewizzle

« Reply #462 on: October 15, 2012, 01:52:10 pm »
I just don't like guaranteed money paid to people who underperform. All the money the Orioles spent on Brian Roberts makes me puke.

Actually, I'm quite happy that ARod is going to be sucking the Yankee teat so hard for a few more years while underperforming. 

maybe the 20 years of following the red sox has completely skewed my opinion of what fair value is.

but every now and then, you got to pay big bucks to take that next step. edwin ain't it, that's for sure.  but it was a low risk signing. he's most definitely not back next year, not at the same rate at least. but he did help elevate this team. he was dependable, he ate innings, and we more or less got what we expected out of him.  he had a bad last month, and definitely a forgettable post season.

i think the nats have enough talent to win w/o any additional signings.  i'm not sure laroche will be worth what he wants. i think garcia will round out our rotation next year, and we'll be dangerous.  but our timetable is short... we only have these guys for low money for 2-3 more years.  then we have to start paying guys a lot more than $11M and give them long-term deals to keep them around.

shemptiness

« Reply #463 on: October 15, 2012, 02:19:38 pm »

Under performing is one thing; being injured is another.  I'd say Brian Roberts has had a pretty decent career while playing for a team that was mostly lousy.  Then he got hurt and couldn't play. 

James Ford

« Reply #464 on: October 15, 2012, 02:26:18 pm »
At least one of Brian Roberts' concussions was caused by getting angry and hitting himself in the head with a bat.
I don't think his employer should be liable for that kind of stupidity.

Under performing is one thing; being injured is another.  I'd say Brian Roberts has had a pretty decent career while playing for a team that was mostly lousy.  Then he got hurt and couldn't play.