Author Topic: BREAK UP THE F-ING NATIONALS  (Read 440706 times)

hutch

Re: BREAK UP THE F-ING NATIONALS
« Reply #495 on: October 31, 2012, 11:59:26 am »
LOL hutch, yer cute.  i don't want to pay the balance on the baseball tickets because i know the refund is coming.  if i paid the balance, which i easily could, i would then get the refund at a later point and have a credit (positive balance) on my credit card.  it's a stupid thing to do.  if they had refunded my tickets in a timely fashion, i wouldn't be carrying any balance.

your condescension and assumptions are appreciated, tho.

back to the question: has anyone received their refund?

What is stupid about having a positive balance for a few weeks?

Unless you can't afford it.. in which case we're back where we started: don't buy concert tickets and stuff if you can't afford it.

hutch

« Reply #496 on: October 31, 2012, 12:10:36 pm »
credit card debt is no joke brah!!!!!!

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #497 on: October 31, 2012, 12:35:37 pm »
called tickets.com.  they have just done refunds for the unplayed wild card game.  they will start with NLCS refunds on Nov 1, and should be complete in "3 to 4 weeks at most, probably less than that".
<sig>

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #498 on: October 31, 2012, 02:10:05 pm »
You have less than 2 minutes to give them your money but once they have it and have to return it they take almost 2 months to get it back to you. Hilarious.
‼‼?‼‼

vansmack

« Reply #499 on: October 31, 2012, 02:10:18 pm »
Don't worry Sweetcell, these are big companies that care about customer service and the happiness of their clients.  You should expect a full refund from the ticket company and MLB with interest very soon.  It's not like they have a monopoly and can do what they want - they face stiff competition and will do the right thing.
27>34

stevewizzle

« Reply #500 on: October 31, 2012, 02:54:55 pm »
http://dcist.com/2012/10/nationals_would_like_to_thank_you_f.php

you'll also be out $4.

better start selling those homebrews at 1000% mark-up.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #501 on: October 31, 2012, 03:03:38 pm »
Don't worry Sweetcell, these are big companies that care about customer service and the happiness of their clients.  You should expect a full refund from the ticket company and MLB with interest very soon.  It's not like they have a monopoly and can do what they want - they face stiff competition and will do the right thing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_American_Association_of_Professional_Baseball
(o|o)

imbecile

« Reply #502 on: December 04, 2012, 05:33:28 pm »
Denard Span and Dan Haren coming on board and reportedly nearing a deal to bring back LaRoche.  I'm liking the offseason thus far.

vansmack

« Reply #503 on: December 04, 2012, 05:47:14 pm »
Denard Span and Dan Haren coming on board and reportedly nearing a deal to bring back LaRoche.  I'm liking the offseason thus far.

Hoya and I have been talking offline about Haren.  Make sure he passes his physical before you get too excited.
27>34

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #504 on: December 04, 2012, 05:59:21 pm »

Hoya and I have been talking offline about Haren.  Make sure he passes his physical before you get too excited.
Physical is on Thursday...but supposedly already passed on for another team.  At least that's what he says.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #505 on: December 04, 2012, 06:02:12 pm »
Excited for Denard Span, not so psyched that we'll likely drop The Beast :\

I mostly like singing A-ha in his later at bats :\
‼‼?‼‼

vansmack

« Reply #506 on: December 04, 2012, 07:01:36 pm »
Physical is on Thursday...but supposedly already passed on for another team.  At least that's what he says.

The Angels and Cubs had a deal done about two weeks ago swapping Marmol for Haren pending Haren's physical and Marmol waiving his no-trade clause.  It was tweeted that Marmol waived it by his agent.
27>34

imbecile

« Reply #507 on: December 04, 2012, 09:19:10 pm »
Yeah, Haren's back issue does have me a bit concerned.  I really don't know what to make of the whole thing - I mean, he's rather durable (8 years running of atleast 30 starts), but it clearly affected him last year. 

So yeah, pending him passing the physical I'm excited at the prospect.

vansmack

« Reply #508 on: December 05, 2012, 04:22:12 pm »
Yeah, Haren's back issue does have me a bit concerned.  I really don't know what to make of the whole thing - I mean, he's rather durable (8 years running of atleast 30 starts), but it clearly affected him last year. 

So yeah, pending him passing the physical I'm excited at the prospect.

Keep an eye on his right hip too.  That may be he piece that worried the Cubs most.  If he's healthy (and I don't mean he passes his physical, but avoids the DL next season) he's a steal at $13m, and the Angels offered Haren a one-year deal with an option for a second last week, but he turned it down.  The money was apparently nowhere close to the Nationals' $13 million offered him, but if the team that knows him best was giving him an offer, that's a pretty good sign for your team.

Now that it looks like Jacoby Elsbury is available for trade, still like the Denard Span signing?
27>34

imbecile

« Reply #509 on: December 05, 2012, 04:38:21 pm »
Ha, of course I'd rather have Ellsbury over Span, but I'm also a Sox fan, so I'm conflicted and not sure how both the Sox and Nationals could get better in a deal between them.

I think the Sox are going to want a lot for Ellsbury, not sure if Alex Meyer.. and say Anthony Rendon would've gotten it done.. or if Rizzo would've even considered letting Rendon go.  Ellsbury I believe has another arbitration year left, so you'd get two years minimum out of him, but he'd cost a lot more than Span who's solid, yet unspectacular.

Ellsbury also sandwiched two years pretty well lost to injury around an AL-MVP -like season so he'd be a bit of a risk to give up two good prospects for and then two arbitration years at 10 and 11 million per year (no idea what he'll get, just guessing).