Author Topic: BREAK UP THE F-ING NATIONALS  (Read 440637 times)

HoyaSaxa03

Re: BREAK UP THE F-ING NATIONALS
« Reply #600 on: February 21, 2013, 11:38:25 am »
Yeah, I got nosebleeds in 232 for opening day.  stubhub market will be volatile this early, but the cheapest pairs are around $60 each right now.
(o|o)

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #601 on: February 21, 2013, 11:42:09 am »
everyone else getting "high transaction" errors for the last 10 mins or so?
(o|o)

stevewizzle

« Reply #602 on: February 21, 2013, 12:15:08 pm »
woof, 232. nosebleeds indeed.

i'm a fan of centerfield bleachers. it's a cool perspective to watch the game behind the pitcher.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #603 on: February 21, 2013, 02:08:13 pm »
My friend said he can get us tickets, but I'm debating just trying to buy a pair of Opening Day tickets anyway. I could probably sell them to a friend or something if my bud comes through. Still having problems getting through?
‼‼?‼‼

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #604 on: February 28, 2013, 12:12:45 pm »
Sucks that prices went up, but they can't be cheap forever! How do the standing room tickets jump from 5 to 20 though? Any who, will be there for Opening Day AND Bobblhead day against the Barves woooooooooooo!!!! Got the day off and everything! yessssssssss
‼‼?‼‼

James Ford

« Reply #605 on: February 28, 2013, 01:02:31 pm »
SRO ticket buyers meet Raphael Soriano. Raphael meet SRO ticket buyers.

Sucks that prices went up, but they can't be cheap forever! How do the standing room tickets jump from 5 to 20 though? Any who, will be there for Opening Day AND Bobblhead day against the Barves woooooooooooo!!!! Got the day off and everything! yessssssssss

stevewizzle

« Reply #606 on: February 28, 2013, 02:21:22 pm »
SRO ticket buyers meet Raphael Soriano. Raphael meet SRO ticket buyers.

looks like we can transition our disagreement of edwin jackson's contract worth last year to an agreement on soriano's contract worth this year.

if you didn't know, edwin got 4 years, 52 million w/ the cubs.

vansmack

« Reply #607 on: February 28, 2013, 02:40:19 pm »
looks like we can transition our disagreement of edwin jackson's contract worth last year to an agreement on soriano's contract worth this year.

That reminds me, I should update the Soriano contract.  He deferred a portion of the money (let's call it retirement planning) so he's actually making $7 million this year and next, with an option for $14m for 2015 based on appearances (120) which neither party thinks will happen. 

While that seems good for today, he will be owed $14m, paid as an annuity from 2018-2025.  If I'm still alive, I will be making the joke "Don't forget, you're still paying Soriano $2m this year" to which you will either cringe or say "he was worth every penny."

This makes it a very smart deal for the Nat's.  And the new Jackson deal is a horrible one for the Cubs, except they didn't have to concede a draft pick while they rebuild.

So let's not blame Soriano for the ticket prices.  That is still the "Jayson Werth" tax. 
27>34

James Ford

« Reply #608 on: February 28, 2013, 03:18:06 pm »
Fine by me. The outfield is a shorter distance to throw your coins to than the pitchers mound anyway, if you're in SRO.

I think ALL their salaries are fucking disgusting anyway. Really have to hold my nose when i go to a game once or twice a year.

So let's not blame Soriano for the ticket prices.  That is still the "Jayson Werth" tax. 

stevewizzle

« Reply #609 on: February 28, 2013, 05:14:22 pm »

That reminds me, I should update the Soriano contract.  He deferred a portion of the money (let's call it retirement planning) so he's actually making $7 million this year and next, with an option for $14m for 2015 based on appearances (120) which neither party thinks will happen. 

While that seems good for today, he will be owed $14m, paid as an annuity from 2018-2025.  If I'm still alive, I will be making the joke "Don't forget, you're still paying Soriano $2m this year" to which you will either cringe or say "he was worth every penny."

This makes it a very smart deal for the Nat's.  And the new Jackson deal is a horrible one for the Cubs, except they didn't have to concede a draft pick while they rebuild.

not sure i follow. why smart deal for the nats?  his lucrative contract will still be brought up and questioned at any sign of failure. i don't think any reliever could fullfill expectations of $14m a year.

and i'm not too worried about nats tickets.  we still are not a baseball town, and i fully expect to attend 20+ games again and pay no more than $10 each time.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #610 on: February 28, 2013, 05:36:25 pm »

it's the bobby bonilla deal

isn't albert belle still on the oriole's roster?
(o|o)

vansmack

« Reply #611 on: February 28, 2013, 07:42:16 pm »
not sure i follow. why smart deal for the nats?  his lucrative contract will still be brought up and questioned at any sign of failure. i don't think any reliever could fullfill expectations of $14m a year.

Because it frees up $7m a year to be used while you actually have the player, instead of of locking down the $7m in his contract.  You're not technically overpaying him at $7m (he's a strong reliever at $7m) like I argued you were at $14m per year.

By putting off the payments until 2018, after Werth retires, both Zimm's have moved on, along with Strasburg and Harper, who cashed out in free agency and went to big market teams, that $2m owed each year Soriano in 2018-2025 will be nothing.

It's a win-it-all now strategy, pay for it all later.  And I like it.

isn't albert belle still on the oriole's roster?

Funny.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #612 on: March 11, 2013, 06:05:17 pm »
Buster:

? Ryan Zimmerman is killing the ball as a DH, and is in no rush to play third base. Given how good Anthony Rendon has looked this spring, I do wonder if the Nationals will soon come face to face with the timing of the decision they eventually will have to make about shifting Zimmerman from third to first and trading Adam LaRoche -- perhaps next winter.
27>34

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #613 on: March 12, 2013, 11:10:42 am »
LaRoche was signed for 2 or 3 years? We'll see how he performs this year... I don't think he has another Golden Glove AND Silver Slugger year...
‼‼?‼‼

stevewizzle

« Reply #614 on: March 12, 2013, 01:16:15 pm »
not nationals related, but need advice for fantasy keeper league decisions.

keep cueto or greinke?